Forums Hacked (Apparently)

Hi guys,

I received what seems semi-legit email from “Epic Games” suggesting the forums have been hacked. Yet there is no information on the website, blog or forum announcements pages. My password has not been “reset” as stated and the email links do not seem legit either.

And… I can still log on here without any issues.

Could anyone confirm if this is real or not? I am a little worried as my forum and billing account seems to be merged some time ago so a potential hacker has possibly got my details there too!

Sounds like a phishing attempt.

I never click on the “Click here to log in” links in emails. It diverts you to a page and captures your log in details. If you did use an email link to log in, please change your password as soon as possible!

Can you look at the log in link by putting your mouse over it, and seeing what it is in the status bar?

http://click.news.epicgames.com/?qs=e55a3ad49982ac000ea915d57207728f9c5c43bf7c4782859400c5cd8b79f325 was the link.

That doesn’t seem legit to me considering it goes to some “mimecast” website. I just closed it down.

Its so early in the morning i didnt read the bottom line. As they are linked, I am still worried. Guess I should just start resetting passwords again.

I also got the mail, the link is not sketchy, it’ll redirect you to the old official forums, which are currently down.

Epic forums hacked! Not UE4 forums!!

Man, those script kiddies have way too much time on their hands. What is the fun in hacking some forums??

All the best to Epic to resolve all of this!

edit: ****! there is already a topic on this: Forums Hacked (Apparently) - Community & Industry Discussion - Epic Developer Community Forums

I have merged the two threads as they are about the same exact topic. Thanks. 8-}

Ah, thanks :slight_smile: Saw this topic too late.

No problem man … just doing my job. 8-}

Baby steps. It’s like us Unreal Engine devs. Which one of us hasn’t done an endless runner by now? :slight_smile:

Well, I didn’t :stuck_out_tongue:

So this is their way of getting a job at Hacking Team ? :wink:

The fishy thing is writing “https://forums.epicgames.com” and having it link to “Redirect Error”.

That is bad and shouldn’t be done.

Hey

Just wanted to let know that it was an official email and not a scam. The hack only pertains to the older forums and not the newer ones. If you have a UDK, Infinityblade, Bulletstorm or other previous title forum account, please update your passwords and any associated email address passwords. This did not affect the UE4, Fortnite or Unreal Tournament forums, as they are on a different system. The email has more details.

Thank you all for your understanding.

I have an old UDK account. The trouble is, with the forums down, I can’t tell which password it is. It should be an old one, but is there a way to check?

Why did someone rate this 1 star? haha

Thanks . I am in the same boat as Jezcentral, I have no idea what password was used back . I am glad it is isolated from these though.

Right now there is not a way to get that information. We will keep the community updated on when that will be available again. I don’t have any ETA at the moment.

Alright, the UDK forums are available again!

Whoo hoo! :slight_smile: