How to set SButton fixed size Width and Height (not padding)?

[FONT=Helvetica Neue]How to set SButton fixed size (not padding)? I need Width and Height.

2 Likes

Wrap your button with SBox widget (SizeBox in UMG) and use WidthOverride and HeightOverride attributes to set exact box size.

1 Like

nothing helps… my button is always about 200 width 200 height in pixels. its very big and square and i can’t set it’s size, even if change padding. There are no WidthOverride and HeightOverride arguments.

can you please give me full example?

I need something like UE4Editor->Edit->Project Settings…->Description (Buttons Export and Import). Omg that buttons so perfect, they have constant size, and they do not change size when i resize settings window. I love that buttons, but i cannot understand how they work. I use WidgetReflector, i do exactly the same code, and i get nothing similar.

PS: i didnt met so hard and unintuitive GUI functionality in my life.

ChildSlot

SNew(SBox)
    .WidthOverride(256)
    .HeightOverride(100)

SNew(SButton)
    ]
];

1 Like

I found another problem. GameViewport resizing this button when game window resize. How to fix it? I need always fixed size, even if game window resize.

I set my widget with GEngine->GameViewport->AddViewportWidgetContent.

How to make GEngine->GameViewport not resizing my buttons?

PS: ProjectSettting window does not resize it’s buttons.

1 Like

You have to disable DPI scaling. You can do that by editing the DPI scale curve in the Project Settings > User Interface > DPI Scale Curve, set all the keys to 1, and it will never scale at any resolution.

I don’t recommend doing it though, games that have a UI that doesn’t scale across different resolutions generally have a terrible experience at anything other than the authored resolution.

Now everything is working!

thnx all.