User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chameleon - Post Process Material Library

Hello everyone!

I'm working on a new update which will contain number of new effects and new functionalities to existing ones. Please feel free to share your ideas and needs.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Promoter
    Anything that adds comic-book effect or hand-drawn painting effect would be cool, I don't mean cel-shading. Just to experiment with "hand-painting" style effects.

Quote Originally Posted by BarisT View Post
    Anything that adds comic-book effect or hand-drawn painting effect would be cool, I don't mean cel-shading. Just to experiment with "hand-painting" style effects.
    Thanks for your suggestion @BarisT! Noted.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe one where the materials look like they are melting? if possible of course.

Quote Originally Posted by BarisT View Post
    Is this the "Kuwahara" effect in the current pack?

Quote Originally Posted by morbidipus View Post
    Maybe one where the materials look like they are melting? if possible of course.
    I don't think that best way for solving this is screen space solutions. It can ( and should ) be done with per object material i think. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by srmojuze View Post
    Is this the "Kuwahara" effect in the current pack?
    +1 here. However the major lack in my package is "stroke/outline" effect. I'm aware of this issue and working on it. Currently i'm solving this by convolution method which is faster but not looking as good and stable as depth based outline techniques.
    Last edited by SumFXSupport; 09-16-2015 at 03:19 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are we able to apply the effect to a single object?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjshah View Post
    Are we able to apply the effect to a single object?
    Currently there's no option for that. I'm always open to suggestions however! Just describe it bit more please and may be with some example. Thanks.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not working for 4.9.1 :/

Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    Not working for 4.9.1 :/
    I was just did update for 4.9. Thanks for informing. Downloading 4.9.1 now. I'll look and let you know if quick fix possible.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I've tested it on 4.9.1 and it's working fine for me. Can you describe it bit more what happens and when?

Name:  491.PNG
Views: 790
Size:  439.2 KB
    Last edited by SumFXSupport; 09-20-2015 at 01:18 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

well im dragging it into the scene, nothing, the native pp is working and if i put one of the effects material under Blendable, it works to, well only the effect i chose there..

Looks like you are using older version of Chameleon. Can you please confirm Chameleon package size is 8.0 MB in "Epic Games Launcher" > "Library" ?

Name:  Cpsz.PNG
Views: 801
Size:  145.5 KB
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

no, its 6,2mb... why is it not auto updating or something hm..

I really have no idea but may be you should logout and login?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Primo View Post
    no, its 6,2mb... why is it not auto updating or something hm..
    Is your problem solved?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Info: Black border(s) issue in "Screen Waves" effect has been fixed in local branch and it will be a part of next update (V3).
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey. I just found this package and I think it is really cool. Don't know what I'm going to use it for yet, but I bought it anyway.

This may be a stupid question, but can you (de)activate effects through blueprints rather than through the editor?

Quote Originally Posted by AxelRantila View Post
    Hey. I just found this package and I think it is really cool. Don't know what I'm going to use it for yet, but I bought it anyway.

This may be a stupid question, but can you (de)activate effects through blueprints rather than through the editor?
    Thanks for your interest AxelRantila! Yes you can. Take a look at https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Blueprints/UserGuide/BlueprintComms/index.html
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by SumFX View Post
    Thanks for your interest AxelRantila! Yes you can. Take a look at https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Blueprints/UserGuide/BlueprintComms/index.html
    How could I miss that
    Anyhow, I think it is a great package. Currently the usage for me is to activate some effect when the player wins or loses the game. I'm looking forward to see what else you are going to include in the future!

Thank you so much for making this! Just bought it. I wish I had a good idea for what you could add in an update, but my mind's a blank. If I think of anything cool I'll be sure to make a suggestion.
    Still new to this Unreal business, even after two years.

New effect from upcoming update (This is still WIP)

Distance Distortion
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luminary
    @SumFX: I just have a quick question before I buy this.

I have a multi-player game and when a player gets hit I want to apply the glitch effect only to the player being hit and not any of the other players. Would this be possible with this pack?
    Quinton Delpeche
    Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Quote Originally Posted by qdelpeche View Post
    @SumFX: I just have a quick question before I buy this.

I have a multi-player game and when a player gets hit I want to apply the glitch effect only to the player being hit and not any of the other players. Would this be possible with this pack?
    Yes it would be possible. Actually it would be default behaviour for Chameleon since there's no out-of-box networking support in Chameleon.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New "Offset" slider added to "Alcohol" effect by user request. Here's the new version, coming with next update;

Name:  AlcoholImprovement.PNG
Views: 651
Size:  4.6 KB
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just purchased, downloaded the 4.8 version and I get no chameleon actor in content browser. Everything else seems to show up, how do I fix this?!? Have a tight deadline, please help

Same Probleme here, no Actor Oo

Quote Originally Posted by musashii View Post
    Just purchased, downloaded the 4.8 version and I get no chameleon actor in content browser. Everything else seems to show up, how do I fix this?!? Have a tight deadline, please help
    What about Epic's vault cache folder. I'm on windows and my vault cache location for Chameleon is "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Launcher\VaultCache\Chameleon\data\Content\Chameleon"

Please check yours if there's Chameleon.uasset in that folder.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jup, there is the Chameleon.uasset.
    Its in my Projekt Folder too.
    But didnt schow up in Unreal. But if i start the 4.9 Version its in there Oo

Looks like you are importing 4.9 version of the package to 4.8 version engine.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luminary
    Quote Originally Posted by SumFX View Post
    Yes it would be possible. Actually it would be default behaviour for Chameleon since there's no out-of-box networking support in Chameleon.
    Perfect ... thanks for the clarification. 8-}
    Quinton Delpeche
    Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Quote Originally Posted by qdelpeche View Post
    Perfect ... thanks for the clarification. 8-}
    You are welcome : )
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone,

Big news here! My best selling asset package "LOOK! - Color Grading Pack" will be included in the Chameleon with next update. For those who are not familiar with LOOK!; it's a pack of professional grade LUT files and it contains 150 LUTs ready to use in any project. LOOK! is currently available for purchase on marketplace with the price of $24.99. It was very successful and I'll also keep that separate package available.

FOR THE DEMO AND DETAILED INFORMATION ABOUT THE LOOK!, YOU CAN VISIT THE DEDICATED THREAD.

Name:  1080_1.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  228.8 KB

Integration of these two package will be seamless and it'll be in Chameleon's way; No drag-drop, just click and select.

INTEGRATION OF LOOK!

Name:  LOOKvChameleon.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  55.2 KB

SOME EXAMPLES FROM LOOK!

Name:  CandleLight.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  124.3 KBName:  ColdBloodMurderer.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  163.4 KB
    Name:  GeneralFilmstock.jpg
Views: 543
Size:  154.3 KBName:  GoldenAge.jpg
Size:  148.6 KB
    Name:  HackerRoom.jpg
Views: 547
Size:  143.2 KBName:  HeavySunset.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  158.2 KB
    Name:  HollyTealOrange.jpg
Size:  162.4 KBName:  HorrorNight.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  104.2 KB
    Name:  KodaChrome.jpg
Size:  193.2 KBName:  Moonlight.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  98.1 KB
    Last edited by SumFXSupport; 11-24-2015 at 03:34 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Great news!

New effect from upcoming update (This is still WIP)

Sonar
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Promoter
    Looks great!

Here's a peek from Chameleon's LOOK! integration

Name:  LOOKvChameleon.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  55.2 KB
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

would it be possible to set these effects to objects, or planes only.
    so e.g. i have a tv and the effects should only work on the screen of the tv.

Quote Originally Posted by stucki View Post
    would it be possible to set these effects to objects, or planes only.
    so e.g. i have a tv and the effects should only work on the screen of the tv.
    Yes and no. All effects in this package are screen space. So the package itself doesn't support world space applications out of the box. Yes part however, all effects are also basically made by materials. If you have basic material/blueprint knowledge, then you can create your own world space materials by copying existing Chameleon functions. In most situations all you have to do is changing newly created material's type from "Post Process" to anything you need and changing texture inputs from "Post Process Input" to your textures (eg: diffuse). But please note that; this package designed and tested exclusively for screen space post processing. I cannot guarantee any usage out of this scope.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast