User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Chameleon - Post Process Material Library

Quote Originally Posted by RexVex86 View Post
    where is digitize? is it not in the 4.15 version?
    I'm developing and packaging all updates with the latest version of the engine available in that time, so Chameleon 7.0 is 4.16 and above only.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey,

I have opened up the realistic character scene in 4.16.1 and added Chameleon to it. The performance doesn't drop when you add it into the scene without any effects turned on now, so that's good, well done.

Unfortunately many of the features seem to be broken. Most of the Colour Grading tab doesn't work, apart from Tint, cant control the Ambient Occlusion- when you turn the intensity off and view the AO in lighting settings its still there, if you change the other settings for it it still looks the same. I've tried a quick go with some of the more advanced affects (snow, rain, comic, glitch, etc) and they seem to work.

Would you be able to test it and fix up the broken features?

Also a couple of requests:

Would we be able to have the drop down tabs ordered alphabetically please? It would make it MUCH easier to find things.
    In the Chameleon Settings would we be able to have a priority and blend distance (for when we use it bound)? This would make it easier to use multiple ones and to work with standard post process volumes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B1adefire View Post
    Hey,

I have opened up the realistic character scene in 4.16.1 and added Chameleon to it. The performance doesn't drop when you add it into the scene without any effects turned on now, so that's good, well done.

Unfortunately many of the features seem to be broken. Most of the Colour Grading tab doesn't work, apart from Tint, cant control the Ambient Occlusion- when you turn the intensity off and view the AO in lighting settings its still there, if you change the other settings for it it still looks the same. I've tried a quick go with some of the more advanced affects (snow, rain, comic, glitch, etc) and they seem to work.

Would you be able to test it and fix up the broken features?

Also a couple of requests:

Would we be able to have the drop down tabs ordered alphabetically please? It would make it MUCH easier to find things.
    In the Chameleon Settings would we be able to have a priority and blend distance (for when we use it bound)? This would make it easier to use multiple ones and to work with standard post process volumes.

Thanks
    Since we talked through email, I want to paste my latest reply here so people can reference if they experienced the same thing(s);

My reply to B1adefire in email:

I think it's an engine related bug. I can't integrate volume priority (and blend radius) to the Chameleon because I'm using variables other than integers and floats. PP Volume blending only supports numerical values and it has so much side effects with other types of values. And for reordering; God knows I pray every day for this feature but it's simply not possible right now. Unreal Engine doesn't respect my ordering in the backend and I think no-one knows what's the sorting algorithm (Look: https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/184446/variable-categories-order-not-matching-in-details.html )
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A new effect from the upcoming update.

Infected

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

looking very good !
    could you please make a underwater shader based on this one, too. Will need one for my game ;-)
    kind regards
    stucki

Quote Originally Posted by stucki View Post
    looking very good !
    could you please make a underwater shader based on this one, too. Will need one for my game ;-)
    kind regards
    stucki
    How about using CR_Underwater recipe for that? It has been added with the latest update. You can find it in Recipes folder.

Preview: https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?76298-Chameleon-Post-Process-Material-Library&p=652492&viewfull=1#post652492
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

didnt have seen this, yet. looks very good, have to give it a try !
    thx for the info !!

A new effect from the upcoming update.

Camera Shake (WIP)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Samaritan
    Also, Could you make the outline/edge detect part of the effect optional - I quite like the way it looks without it!
    Was this Fixed in the Kuwahara effect?
    I have been interested in chamaelon from one year ago, but after watching some vids showing this Kuwahara side effect made me choose other option.

Now, again, i need something like your Kuwahara, its just what i need for my proyect and it really looks better that the other options around. But still i dont want black lines on my far objects...

Quote Originally Posted by tukor View Post
    Was this Fixed in the Kuwahara effect?
    I have been interested in chamaelon from one year ago, but after watching some vids showing this Kuwahara side effect made me choose other option.

Now, again, i need something like your Kuwahara, its just what i need for my proyect and it really looks better that the other options around. But still i dont want black lines on my far objects...
    Which black lines? There's no outline generation in Kuwahara effect. Not intentional at least. Can you show me an example?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Samaritan
    Hey there SumFx!

I cant show you because i dont have it, and im still trying to find the video i mentioned but... it was 1 year ago and i have been not able to find it yet.
    It was a video about creating a terrain and a forest in UE, and while the near objects were good with kuwahara, the far objects (mostly tress or some thin railins from a bunker) got all black lines around edges.
    I think it was mostly every this object was getting them.

I just saw your Kuwahara video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ubd4ZRYthw), and it looks good (i love this effect i think its the better one in the pack), there are no black lines going on... except for the rear tall tower which has some black dots and specially the "Jewelers" sign at the right.

The guy was getting the same black lines as in this Sign, but all over the tress (it was a mess).

This other guy at this post (page 4 at the bottom) also posted about this, but never got a response.
    Hi, I just purchased this and am loving it so far but I have a few requests in regards to the Kuwahara Postprocess:

Could you add an option for distance blending? - i.e. start distance and end distance (start being distance at which effect begins to fade in, and end being distance at chich the effect is 100%)
    Could you add the option to change the contrast in the interface?
    Also, Could you make the outline/edge detect part of the effect optional - I quite like the way it looks without it!
    Finally, would it be possible to implement Anisotropic Kuwahara Filtering as is shown here: http://www.kyprianidis.com/p/pg2009/ this looks much nicer than regular Kuwahara and I'd be willing to pay the extra cost if it means getting that image quality!
    If you make a map with a forest i think you will see it.

Samaritan
    Oh, and i forgot. When the guy applied kuwahara and the sharpen, the effect was much more bigger.

Hey there SumFx!

I cant show you because i dont have it, and im still trying to find the video i mentioned but... it was 1 year ago and i have been not able to find it yet.
    It was a video about creating a terrain and a forest in UE, and while the near objects were good with kuwahara, the far objects (mostly tress or some thin railins from a bunker) got all black lines around edges.
    I think it was mostly every this object was getting them.

I just saw your Kuwahara video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ubd4ZRYthw), and it looks good (i love this effect i think its the better one in the pack), there are no black lines going on... except for the rear tall tower which has some black dots and specially the "Jewelers" sign at the right.

The guy was getting the same black lines as in this Sign, but all over the tress (it was a mess).

This other guy at this post (page 4 at the bottom) also posted about this, but never got a response.

If you make a map with a forest i think you will see it.
    Ahh.. Now I see what you mean. Like most of the Chameleon effects, Kuwahara is rendering after tonemapping. To get rid (most) of these black lines you can set Kuwahara to run before tonemapping. This way, TXAA can remove most of these side effects.

After Tonemapping (DEFAULT)

Before Tonemapping

Attached Images Attached Images   
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Samaritan
    Yes! thats what i was saying!

So its easy to fix? Or should i wait to the next release to buy it?

Yes! thats what i was saying!

So its easy to fix? Or should i wait to the next release to buy it?
    Yes, it is. Open Kuwahara material, change "After tonemapping" to "Before tonemapping" and save. Next update will make this by default.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi all,

All of my products including Chameleon Post Process are on sale as a part of the Summer Sale. Grab your copy if you didn't already!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Supporter
    Hi, I just picked this up on sale. I'm trying to enable / disable a Chameleon instance with the press of a button. I can enable it no problem but disabling it doesn't actually do anything once its been enabled.

I was able to work around this by getting the InternalPP and calling enable/disable on that as well at the same time. Just wanted to let you know in case there's a missing disable node somewhere. Excellent work btw, really liking what it can offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Motch View Post
    Hi, I just picked this up on sale. I'm trying to enable / disable a Chameleon instance with the press of a button. I can enable it no problem but disabling it doesn't actually do anything once its been enabled.

I was able to work around this by getting the InternalPP and calling enable/disable on that as well at the same time. Just wanted to let you know in case there's a missing disable node somewhere. Excellent work btw, really liking what it can offer.
    Thanks for reporting this @Motch

I'll take a look and share the results. What is your engine version btw?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4.17 compatible now.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A new effect from upcoming update.

Colored AO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Actor Featurette

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~