User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: July #UE4JAM, July 23-26th, Theme: ROCKET AND ROLL

UE Community Manager

July #UE4JAM, July 23-26th, Theme: ROCKET AND ROLL

Here are the top submissions! Congrats to all the teams!

Serial Krillers - Serial Krillers
    Dino Rokket - The Bruno Special
    KABOUNCE! - Team Tivaru

THE RULES

• Make the most amazing game by yourself or with a team (up to 5) around the given theme in Unreal Engine 4.
    • Submit a download link to this thread before midnight on the night of July 26/ morning of July 27 including the following:
      • Team Name
      • List of Team Members
      • Name of submission (Please format it with your team's name attached ex. TeamName_GameName)
        After you post your submission, PM me with the email addresses of your team members (up to 5), the name of your team and the name of your project. That makes it easier to get in contact with everyone, so make sure to send that info over!

• A small panel at Epic will judge entries on the following criteria:
      • Unique use of theme
      • Fun factor
      • Overall Visuals

• Detailed Rules Available Here

All submissions will be featured in a highlight reel posted to our YouTube and shown on Twitch.

The top 3 submissions will receive an Epic swag bag with all sorts of goodies, a "Game Jam Finalist" forum badge, a featured playthrough on the July 30th Twitch stream, as well as a highlight on Unreal Engine blog!

Happy developing, and good luck!

Theme Announce Countdown
    Submission Deadline Countdown

Streaming your work on Twitch? Let us know so we can follow along!
    Are you on Twitter? Show off your work using the #ue4jam hashtag!

-Alexander
    Last edited by Alexander Paschall; 08-21-2015 at 10:21 AM.
    Twitch /unrealalexander| Twitter @UnrealAlexander
    How to report a bug? | Installation & Setup issues?
    Call me to a thread by posting this: [MENTION]Alexander Paschall[/MENTION]

I might join in on this one, if i have the time ^^
    Marketplace Asset - Economy Kit; Marketplace Asset - Notification Kit; Marketplace Asset - Achievepedia; Marketplace Asset - Player Stats Kit; Marketplace Asset - Photomode;
    Marketplace Asset - Interaction Kit; Marketplace Asset - Turret Kit; Marketplace Asset - Character Stats Kit; Plugin - Toggl Plugin;
    Hire us here;
    Panda Studios, Game development company.

Made an account just for this! Woo hoo!

UE Community Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSlizzard View Post
    Awesome! Glad to have you aboard!

UE Community Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSlizzard View Post

Awwww yeah!
    Twitter [@iveytron + @UnrealEngine] YouTube [/unrealengine] Twitch [/unrealengine]

Maybe i'll join in, even tho im only a beginner.

Samaritan
    Skullkitty will be competing in this one again!! Look forward to not sleeping this weekend haha

Okay, this time I really wanna try to participate. If there is a team looking for a coder, please let me know

If you're a programmer looking for a 3d artist, check my portfolio: https://www.artstation.com/artist/marvin

I'm looking for practice and fun!

I might enter this time. I think I got over the crushing defeat of WindowsNoEditor 2: Electric Boogaloo!
    KITATUS
    "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

I hope to drop by, if time allows...

I think I may finally participate in this one.

I'll (hopefully) participate as well.

UE Community Manager
    All these first posters! Awesome to see. Remember to use the #ue4jam hashtag on social so we can follow along. Also, Allar does a rad livestream after the deadline, it's always a great time
    Twitter [@iveytron + @UnrealEngine] YouTube [/unrealengine] Twitch [/unrealengine]

Quote Originally Posted by Chance Ivey View Post
    All these first posters! Awesome to see. Remember to use the #ue4jam hashtag on social so we can follow along. Also, Allar does a rad livestream after the deadline, it's always a great time
    AllarNoEditor
    KITATUS

UE Community Manager
    AllarNoKitatus: Judgement Day

Quote Originally Posted by Chance Ivey View Post
    AllarNoKitatus: Judgement Day
    You totally just gave me my gamejam title!
    KITATUS

Forming our team now!!!
    Every day I beat my own previous record for the number of days I've stayed alive! (Hopefully by the time you are reading this, it's still true!)

Though I will be a bit busy during the jam, I will try to make something for the jam.

What's the theme btw ?

Samaritan
    Dare I announce my my participation in this event... yes. And go even further to link my twitch, that might be active from time to time during this jam period... maybe.
    http://www.twitch.tv/atsest
    Last edited by AtsK; 07-23-2015 at 03:10 PM.

I think I might give this a shot. Always wanted to do a game jam, and I've got an interesting idea that I think might be pretty neato for this theme.

Is a shield still one of the prizes?
    KITATUS

For those looking for a name, this website can give you some funny names that fits the theme
    http://videogamena.me/
    Marketplace Asset - Economy Kit; Marketplace Asset - Notification Kit; Marketplace Asset - Achievepedia; Marketplace Asset - Player Stats Kit; Marketplace Asset - Photomode;
    Marketplace Asset - Interaction Kit; Marketplace Asset - Turret Kit; Marketplace Asset - Character Stats Kit; Plugin - Toggl Plugin;
    Hire us here;
    Panda Studios, Game development company.

Gogogo!! Create!!!

UE Community Manager
    The hype is real! Get in there and jam!

If there's a 3D animator around; I need you!
    KITATUS

Would be nice to have the rules on google docs or pdf, so we can open it without MS Office

Hero of the Peole

Quote Originally Posted by brunogruber View Post
    Would be nice to have the rules on google docs or pdf, so we can open it without MS Office
    Second this.

Follow my Twitch to see every game jam entry played through to completion (if feasible) and if you make a multiplayer game, we usually get quite a few people in it.
    http://www.twitch.tv/awesomeallar

Stream begins at the game jam deadline.

UE Community Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by brunogruber View Post
    Good note for the future! Thanks

Sounds awesome, and will give the necessary motivation for a mate and I to actually do something more than get confused at blueprints and run the assorted starter content with a falsified sense of accomplishment.

However

Reading the terms of battle it states that all submissions must be entirely original works or authorship. Does this mean that all assets etc must be self made/purchased, and that we cannot by definition use the unreal example assets/content in our submission ? I'm not referring to just grabbing ut and then re skinning the menu but using the buggy from the dirt racing game or some rock formations... Are we officially ok to use elements from the assorted assets available for free through the asset store, and is the original submission just the term for the product as a whole, similar to how "I'll be missing you" is not the same song as "Every breath you take", or "Gangstas Paradise" and "Pasttime paradise" are also different.

Just want to know if we're allowed to use the free assets in our game or does it ALL have to be original.

Thanks,

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by rbnzdave View Post
    Just want to know if we're allowed to use the free assets in our game or does it ALL have to be original.
    I'm also interested to know that, and also wanna to know if its okay to use opensource C++ libraries is our submissions.

Samaritan
    Submission from any source, nor may the Submission include third-party copyrighted material or artwork, without the copyright holder’s permission.

Also looking at previous jams you can see the use of stock assets.

Good Luck To All
    Last edited by westcut; 07-23-2015 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AtsK View Post

Also looking at previous jams you can see the use of stock assets.
    "Contestants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Submission from any source, nor may the Submission include third-party copyrighted material or artwork, without the copyright holder’s permission"

Am I reading that wrong or the "without etc" applies to all of it. I'd assumed that the without perms applied from the nor, altho I was always taught that a line between commas should be able to be removed and keep the statement correct. In which case I'm worried about nothing. Not a fan of legaleze.

But until a moderator says otherwise, I'm going to continue with the notion that the free content is fair game, while judgement will probably not favour it over original content considering its less effort to import stock.

Continue, that is, after I get home from work at 3:30 this arvo.

Good luck all.
    Last edited by rbnzdave; 07-23-2015 at 06:49 PM. Reason: hilighting the point.

UE Community Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by AranHase View Post
    I'm also interested to know that, and also wanna to know if its okay to use opensource C++ libraries is our submissions.
    Feel free to use free assets in your game. We're not super strict on everything being from scratch

Quote Originally Posted by rbnzdave View Post
    But until a moderator says otherwise, I'm going to continue with the notion that the free content is fair game, while judgement will probably not favour it over original content considering its less effort to import stock.
    Otherwise :P
    KITATUS

Quote Originally Posted by KitatusStudios View Post
    Otherwise :P
    touché good sir.

whats the best option to work collab with the team, keeping in mind github is notoriously slow. Is there a tried and true method that isnt going to take the gamejam to upload ?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvinmann View Post
    If you're a programmer looking for a 3d artist, check my portfolio: https://www.artstation.com/artist/marvin

I'm looking for practice and fun!
    Hey Marvinmann, I'm a programmer. You interested in teaming up? Hit me up @nklsrh or nklsrh.com

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast