UI Modding

If I wanted to make a small UI change via a mod, how would I go about doing this? Do I copy the UI blueprint and then just modify it? How do I point the game to my new UI blueprint instead of the old one?

U need to copy:

PrimalGameData_BP
TestGame_BP
UI

Link them all together.

I’ve did some test to UI, U can check them IG by joining my server : 52.28.107.153:7777 - or mods Nugget Wars

Hey Holycow,

I made a template for you and everyone who wants to modify the UI of the game. Download here :

Hello
I can see how u can change the picture or the text etc… but how can u change the logic of the inventory ? like if i wanna change the way the inventory display the items (scrolling?)? Are the buttons works with on click event/Binding? because I can’t see any clicking events nor binded functions added like in most inventory tutorial. it looks like everything are just picture and not function, maybe i’m missing somethings ;D.

And another question,if the items data arent “loaded” with the bind function in the inventory are they loaded with the DataListEntry?

Thanks Dariusz1989, I’ll try it out!

Thanks too !

Why don’t you create subclass of UI blueprint? If something updates you will end up recreating everything over again

Ok this is stupid question, I’m pretty sure I know the answer but is creating subclass something like this?:

Right click
Click on Blueprint
Go to all Classes
Type in the name of Blueprint
Select it
Click Select
Type in name.

Is that Subclassing?

-Right click, create blueprint based on this
-drag newly created file to your mod folder

Can you be more specific? Copy them from where? To where?

I tried connecting to that IP, steam said there was no response.

Thank you, however when I tried opening the UIMod level, I get the following errors:

Where is UI blueprint? Do you mean the GAME/PrimalEarth/UI folder?

Where do I right-click? I never see an option to “create blueprint based on this”.

Sorry to be a nuisance everyone, i’m very new to UE and I’m trying to figure things out as I go along.

Right click on the blueprint.
http://puu.sh/iYzDg/2bb98403e5.png

In content_Browser Manage to Mod folder inside that mod folder create NEW folder where u mod will be.

Any changes u do u need to put all files in to that mod.

So once u in that mod click > Right click> blueprint>all classes>type in BP u wana copy> Select it>Select button>type name and u done.

U need PrimalGameData and TestGame or GameTest cant remember how it is. Link them up together. Then u need to go to each of them and trace down Player UI or something like that. Once you do that, reference the right UI file.

Okay, I see it. This only works if you right-click on a regular blueprint.

I want to subclass a Blueprint Widget. When I right-click on a Blueprint Widget, I do not see that option.