Prototype-Z - A Side Scrolling Adventure - Slacker

Hey all, im new to the UE4 community and new to UE4 and game development in general. Ive always had an interest in creating games and designing them, so i thought id finally try and put some work in. So with that said heres some screens of my first Prototype. Please keep in mind I have no prior experience in programming, level design, game mechanics or anything else. Ive only been at it for about 3 weeks, everything you see was set up and put in working order by me. So here are a few screen shots of it being played in editor. (Everything is also being made a low quality computer)

Most Recent Progress

New Level Layout Test Footage, the start of how i want the levels to be. Looking for any input on improvements or stuff the community would suggest changing or adding, new to dev n would appreciate any feedback, thanks all

New Level Layout Idea, this is what im planning to have the levels look like, pitch black cave/dungeon/temple levels, only lit up by your flashlight, which i will put a timer on. heres a quick screen as an example. im looking for any feedback or ideas, thanks guys.

Earlier Work

HandCannon Shooting

Zombie stumbling towards you before being shot

Little gameplay footage, the recording program im using is making the game lag n choppy in movements but its not like that normally, like i said earlier, this is all made with a very low quality computer,

Ive set the game so you need to collect all gold coins to proceed to next level, set a timer so highscore times can be kept, and hidden objects throughout. This is still early on and i dont have much other than starter content. I do have blender and plan on learning more about that to render my own tree and other background objects. I plan on recording a video of it shortly for a better look into gameplay and mechanics i have set up, but for now, this is what ive got. Thanks for taking the time to check this out and i hope to hear some feedback to a new developer, looking to make awesome games.

Hey all, im new to the UE4 community and new to UE4 and game development in general.
[/QUOTE]

in that case welcome to the forum and UE4:)

it looks like your game is off to a pretty decent start, especially for the short amount of time.

if you get stuck with blender remember to make a post, there are a lot of us blender users to help you out;)

Thank you for that, glad to be here and a part of the big community, and thanks, I’ve worked on it essentially day in and day out, teaching myself and learning the basics. And if i get stuck with Blender i will for sure make a post. I will be posting a short gameplay video soon, so you can have a better look.

video added :slight_smile:

New Screenshot, The above screens and video were just random levels i created to test the mechanics, see how anims looked in use and for AI, this is what im planning to have the levels look like, pitch black cave/dungeon/temple levels, only lit up by your flashlight, which i will put a timer on. heres a quick screen as an example. im looking for any feedback or ideas, thanks guys.

New Test Footage of New Level Layout, Looking for any input on improvements or stuff the community would suggest changing or adding, new to dev n would appreciate any feedback, thanks all