Pursuit of Realistic Cinematic Scene

Hello guys. I’ll be posting my experiment with UE4 here. My goal is to get Pretty Decent Cinematic result without baking. So here is my first scene wip. I just got my main ideas now im gonna go for Substance Designer for material and of course 3d modeling.

http://i.imgur.com/buJpb7b.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Cg34p74.jpg

nice set up!

Thank you Foobius!

Outstanding aesthetic and composition, right up my alley. Looking forward to updates!

nice, what light do you use?

Second screenshot is beautiful, love it!

thank you guys. I got some tight dead lines on couple of projects :frowning: i’ll post something soon! :smiley:
@siebencorgie its emmisive material with single side plane and there is directional light. Im using nVidia VXGI.

great idea with the emmesive plane. thanks for the info! :slight_smile:

Welp. I abandoned my first scene. So here is the new one WIP btw, Oh yes its based on someone’s work. I don’t know who did this. But if you know please let me know.

Second one.
It feels wrong. I don’t know what’s wrong just feels wrong :confused:

Because of perspective you miss the parallel lights, as seen in the lighting. Because of the lack of parallelism it shifts even more to the right and looks… wrong.
English is my second language and I’m drunk, I hope it makes some sense. It’s subjective anyway, that’s the thing that looks wrong for me, maybe a camera with more tele and from further away will fix it?
(furthermore, because it looks like a image taken by a camera, for that it’s either too high for a person holding it, so the scene looks like taken by a giant or like it’s only a toy-scene,or too low for a surveillance like shot… for that alone it seems unreal… for me. but maybe I don’t have a clue. )

yeah it makes perfect sense. I was pretty dead when i’m doing this xD

Are you using Arch Vis or Game Lighting? Looks great either way.

oh its fully dynamic scene. I’m using VXGI from nvidia. My goal is to get pretty decent realistic looking scene for my cinematic videos.

Is VXGI good for medium spec games? Or is it more for high end? Also how does one implement VXGI? Sorry for the many questions.

I think your last image looks off because of the objects and left side tiles scale. Looking to the left you can see you have some huge stone tiles, when compared to the benches which would be ok if the grout size would not be of several centimeters, which is extremely high. This with the detail level you can see on the benches creates a miniature scene effect.
I’m also interested if you’ve followed a specific tutorial for your VXGI implementation and more importantly what’s the fps on this and how do you manage the scene in the viewport?

To , VXGI isn’t good for anything realtime at the moment, low end or high end.

If you’re going to use it for prerendered cinematics its fine. But for games and realtime its not. Just don’t use it for games xD. There is a Nvidia Gameworks discussion in general discussion section. You should look into it.

No i haven’t seen any tutorial. Im very very new to environment stuff. So… yeah. What you said is makes perfect sense to me haha. I guess this is how i get improvement.
For the FPS, it depends on settings of VXGI. For this scene i get 30FPS. Top yellow scene i get 27 -30. It really depends on your settings, sometimes i get 40 - 50. I’m using GTX780 btw.

and this one was 3 or 4 hours of object moving experiment xD I wasn’t sure what to place, or where to place them. Very very lazy study.