Legends of Gyo RPG

If you are interested to learn more than what has been posted below be sure to contact me via Skype, PM, or email, thanks!

This is our official UE4 W.I.P. Thread

Team Structure

Updated: 9/14/2015

• Lead Game Designer
  • Lead Concept Artist - 3D Artist - Textures
  • Lead Programmer and Networking.
  • Composer
  • Composer
  • Animator - 3D Artist
  • Composer
  • 2D Artist
  • 2D Artist
  • Level Designer
  • FX Artist
    BP Programmer
  • Level Designer

Notice: Must dedicate at the minimum 10 hours a week unless given a special requests due to personal matters. Must be the age of 18 or older no exceptions. We have a major 7 day no show rule. if you leave without telling one of the members in some way, shape, or form. You will be removed from team no questions asked. If you have a vacation, illness, or any other personal matter that requires your attention for more than 7 days in a row and keeping you away from the project and team, then you need to let someone know. We realize everyone has personal matters but it only takes a second to let someone know, so were not holding up the rest of the team waiting for you specially if you have a pending assignment due. This is to help keep the serious people weeded out from the rest and keep our team functioning smooth as possible.

If you are okay with the above conditions then we would love to have you if the position and position requirements are met, again thanks for the interest in our project.

Talent Needed**

(2/6) 3D Artist - We need reliable 3D artist who can make objects such as vegetation, structures, player and enemy models, NPC’s, and so on. Being an RPG we will require a large workload on the art side to fill out the game World as we progress. We will also need Riggers and Animators to help bring our Worlds population to life. You can take on one or several of the 3D art side positions but must have 2+ years minimum experience and some prior work to showcase to be considered.

**(2/4)** * Programmers -* Must have 3+ years experience with C++, be able to handle large tasks, be independent when needed. If coding with blueprints you must have 6 months+ of experience, and experience working with larger blueprints then in given demos at times. Some of these tasks will be complex and we hope your ready for the challenge. 

**(2/3)** * Level Designers -* Must have a keen eye for nature and environments as a whole. You will need to use assets to create our maps that will be showcasing the game World keeping in mind several elements that will be placed there. This is an important position as you will control a major part of how the game looks and functions correctly in cooperation to the rest of the team. Must have 6 months+ experience with level design in Unreal Engine 4 and prior work to showcase.

(1/2) FX Artist - Someone that can bring the Magic into the game and make it look amazing. You will be required to have a somewhat knowledgeable background when working with particles. We will have portals, magic skills, potions, level up, etc. These will all require particle effects. You will need several months to a year of experience and prior showcasing of past work.

(3/3) Music and Sound Composer - You will bring the emotions to the game, from saddened times, to joyous moments of accomplishment. You will make the adventures that more adventurous to the players. Building both impactful moments and moments of despair. Must have 1 year of experience or more and prior works to showcase.

(3/6) 2D Artist - You will need a strong passion for drawing and visualizing art styles. Some of the duties vary from sketches to Illustrations and in between. Sometimes you may need to assist the 3D Artist with textures and concept designs. UI/GUI, logos, and other marketing type PR pieces made also be needed at times. Must have 2+ years of experience and willing to take on challenges to push your skills further. (Since this position has so many levels to it we ask that you describe what type of 2D Art your experienced with and if willing to take on multiple tasks.)

///Positions that are more or less non game related but are still just as important.///

(1/3) *Web Developer - * Directly assist with all web side management and development. This includes the main company website and all game related pages. Must have a strong know-how with HTML, CSS, and PHP when needed. Knowledge of many of the popular forum boards would be helpful also. Must have 2+ years experience and some snippets or site examples of prior work.

(0/1) Community Manager - Must have great relationships with people online, stay focused and educational. be a mentor for all of us to look up to and not a nightmare online. We need people who can keep our communities clean as possible, while still bringing them all the latest buzz from our staff about anything pertaining to the game, company, staff, and or website updates. You must showcase strong knowledge of social media, community forum software, moderation techniques, and a good public relations. You will make topic catagories, manage other Moderators, and provide support as best you can. Must be reliable and very active in the communities. Strong English grammar a** MUST!** Experience required is 2+.

(0/2) Video Editor - Simply put you need to help take footage from our games, use our logos, music we provide, etc. Take all of that and put together some great trailers, lets plays, technical previews, intros, and so on. You will prepare our videos to be ready for public to view via our Youtube channels. Must have video editing software, 2+ years experience, and able to maintain 720p+ quality on all videos.

Any other position you feel we missed and you can fill be sure to let us know what you can bring to the table, thanks for the interest.

Website

I'm coding it. (WIP)

Contact Method

Email:

Previous Work by Team

This is a new founded team and as individuals we have done work but not together as this is a newly formed unit. Though new together were very experienced in our own rights in the skill trades we practice. We are a dedicated team with a strong passion for game development and of course playing games.

Team Name

Project Name

Legends of Gyo  (gee-oh)

Target Aim

Steam/PC (Mac in the future)
Age Demographic 12+
Global Audience
Casual to Hardcore Gamer

Compensation Plan

Everyone will be paid on Revenue shares from Kickstarter and game sales. This is a percentage per performance basis. Could turn into full time position later on.

Technology

UE4

Chapter One of the story:

Chapter 1 - A God Arrives

*In a land ruled by the might of the Legendary Dragons lived a peaceful World of magical and mysterious creatures. The creatures called their Gods the Great Celestials. These beings were known throughout all Kingdoms of Gyo. Gyo is the world all these creatures and legendary beings call home. These great beings are powerful Dragons that live in the sky overlooking all the lands of Gyo. They live in the most center point of Celestial Kingdom surrounded by a sea of clouds.

The passage to the Celestial Kingdom is guarded by extremely powerful magic and only those with golden blood are deemed worthy to enter the Mysterious Gates. Those chosen to obtain the blood of a celestial are unknown and is said in legend they must prove their worth to the Gods. Other theories have been passed on over the years of how these great beings came to be.

Two hundred years ago those gates were open and rained down from the clouds were the most intimidating of Dragons. There magic was so strong it lit the air around surrounding them with colorful auras. It was a site too see. These Dragons were few in number only Ten in count. The local village of Ayren was in amazement at the scenes witnessed before their eyes.
After some moments went by one of the Dragons came over to one of the local villages and asked “we need Warriors, do you have any young and worthy Warriors?” The village went on to claim the village was small but there were two small orphan boys that were hard working and show promise if that would please them. After some more discussion went on the Dragon pointed to the younger boys both sitting on a large rock still watching from afar. They began to walk closer and when they were an arm’s reach away of this great Dragon he asked the boys “are you true Dragons?” The boys did not know how to respond and were a bit terrified. The Dragon pulled out his hand and touched both boys shoulders and a sharp pain filled them to their cores. They roared out in agony, the villagers were startled. The Dragon then said “you now share some of my blood, I am Drak the leader of the Celestial Dragons. Starting today I will be your teacher and you my students. You are now Draken and you Drako. I have been around guarding this World for centuries and fought many battles. I grow tired and need to find worthy warriors to one day take my place.” As the boy’s pain faded they looked up at Drak and said “we will do our best”. Drak smiled and let out a roar that shook the very World. He then grabbed both boys in his arms and with one jump took flight as did the other Dragons. Back into the sky they went, never seen again. The village did not know why they needed young Warriors as we have lived a land of peace for many years and the last Evil known was defeated by Drak himself as told in the tablets we read. As tribute the villagers built a temple where the Dragons visited here in Ayran. Hoping that they would return again.*

More information on the project and the team upon request.

The games current Facebook Page:

The Facebook page for our Company/Team:

Hi ,

As I’m also working on a FPS, what game-play systems we’re in need of development for your game? I’m also working on a solution to the Asset shortage problem. Lets talk.

Added you on Skype.

Still looking for people. You do not have to be a professional just have a grasp on what your doing and be active, that is what we are looking for, thanks!

Need 3D Artist and Animators the most, thanks! All other positions still have room to fill though.

hi ,

I’m a boy from holland. I work mostly while I do my homework. I would like to join your team. plz check yor mail.

Didn’t receive a message from you :slight_smile:

We no longer are in need of Programmers at this moment but lack in Artist, we need more of you :slight_smile:

Bump! Still need more artist, thanks!

We finally got a new team/company name.

Also we still need more artist, thanks!

Do you require a composer for the project?

Actually we do need some music.

Well I have recently finished composing the music for Epic Space Online, and I am looking to expand into composing for more projects.

Some of my recent projects showing my style / genre can be found here -

I also have my music appearing in the upcoming games ‘Xeno Siege’, ‘Teardrops’ and ‘Spacemen’ over on IndieDB

Send me an email at stevenjbruce@outlook.com if you want to discuss things.

Do you have Skype?

Yeah it’s the same as my email I posted above

Okay added, still need more Artist!

I have garage band will do music for $8.00 for 8 sound tracks, in 2 hours.

Thanks man but we have 2 composers both of which thankfully assist us for free on a royalty basis like the rest of us. I appreciate the offer though.

hi all i would love to work with you all let me know what you think i made all the stuff in the video exept the characters ar frome fuse with custom clothing made by me PS sorry for the frame rate i use a older computer

Add me on Skype and we can talk.