June #UE4JAM, June 25 - 28, "Earth Shattering Kaboom"

Here are the top submissions! Congrats to all the teams!
Paile Grau Dott - There is no team!Dr.Ray Gunblowupski’s sinister plan to destroy the earth - That’s no spacestation, THAT’S A MOON!There can be only one - Displace Media

**This month’s theme: Earth Shattering Kaboom

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4566086/June__Theme.png

**THE RULES

• Make the most amazing game by yourself or with a team (up to 5) around the given theme in Unreal Engine 4.

• Submit a download link to this thread before **midnight on the night of June 28 / morning of June 29 **including the following:

• Team Name

• List of Team Members

• Name of submission (Please format it with your team’s name attached ex. TeamName_GameName)
    After you post your submission, PM me with the email addresses of your team members (up to 5), the name of your team and the name of your project. That makes it easier to get in contact with so make sure to send that info over!

• We will announce the theme on the June 25 stream, when the jam will officially kick-off.

• A small panel at Epic will judge entries on the following criteria:

• Unique use of theme

• Fun factor

• Overall Visuals

• Detailed rules available here

All submissions will be featured in a highlight reel posted to our YouTube and shown on Twitch.

The top 3 submissions will receive an Epic swag bag with all sorts of goodies, a “Game Jam Finalist” forum badge, a featured playthrough on the July 9 Twitch stream, as well as a highlight on Unreal Engine blog!

Happy developing, and good luck!

Theme Announce Countdown](Time since Jun 25, 2015 2:00 pm started in Raleigh)
**Submission Deadline **Countdown](Time since Jun 29, 2015 started in Raleigh)

Streaming your work on Twitch? Let us know so we can follow along!
Are you on Twitter? Show off your work using the #ue4jam](https://twitter.com/hashtag/ue4jam?src=hash) hashtag!

Aww i thought it might be in the next couple of days, busy again for another jam weekend! Have fun guys :stuck_out_tongue:

Awesome! I was hoping there would be one this month! Excited to hear the theme!

Woot Can’t wait

I’m hoping I might get some time to do something. A little harder whilst having to prepare for a new baby though.

I cannot wait :smiley:

This time I might Join in.

Pretty sure I’ll get to participate in this one!

whats the theme ? please lemme know

Earth Shattering Kaboom

Just to clarify: these game jams are open ended, correct?

I can express the theme in any way, right?

~ Jason

Yes, it’s just more of a topic to get ideas flowing.

I’m thinking if giving it a shot this time, seems like a nice theme for my first Jam :slight_smile:

Any artists looking to team up with a developer? I’ve got a couple of neat ideas I am kicking around - shoot me a PM!

I love this theme! We’re clearly having fun! Thank you Epic!

lets hope destructible effects work in packaged builds now

https://

BSP I love you, BSP I hate you.

I’ll be streaming playthroughs of all these submissions as soon as the deadline rolls around, so that’s happening.

Is everything supposed to be created from scratch? Or can i use previously made 3d models (created, owned by us) or royalty-free models licensed by us for this? 2.5 days is very short time to get any quality work done.