Increase camera speed above 8?

How would one cross a landscape that is 2 million units wide very quickly? The camera speed of 8 doesn’t seem to do it, is there a way to cross the landscape more quickly?

Bump, I really need a solution to do this, I have a landscape that is 16 x 16 KM, it is extremely inconvenient when it takes 5 minutes to cross my landscape.

Are you also using the mouse scroll wheel (right click + scroll forwards to speed up) to increase camera speed?

I just discovered that 5 minutes ago, and it is fantastic! Thanks anyways!

My way of moving across my vast world is to use a PlayStation 3 controller. It maps nicely with the left joystick to forward/back and right joystick to look around (the way the mouse does).

An Xbox controller would work the same.

It is my favorite way to move around quickly, and its convenient for developing my game for use with a controller.

When I want to travel far across my map, I simply click on an actor that is far off in the distance where I want to go and then hit the “F” key to instantly be moved there…

8 Is still too slow. Focus zooms out across the whole object I need to get the surface at a particular point.

If your scene is too big you’ll have to scroll forward quite a lot of times to notice any speed difference.

You could always drop a handful of objects into your scene at strategic locations, and name them appropriately. Once they’re set up, select one of them in the world outliner, then hit f. I use small spheres that are set to not render during gameplay.

How i feel about zooming my landscape Seppuku - Wikipedia

you can setup bookmarks that you can teleport to using ctrl-(0-9) so that is atleast something that can speed it up if you place them all around