User Tag List

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Our Ghosts of War - World War 2 Survival Game

Quote Originally Posted by TooManyfps View Post
    No offence, I mean the 3D work is nice and everything, but honestly, this is the most childish thing I have read here so far.
    Like the other thing with 'knife goes in, guts come out' stuff.
    Seriously, ....
    How is this comment at all constructive to this thread.

You guys continue to amaze me with your creativity and expression with this project. Keep up the great work! I still look forward to see this come full circle.
    Marketplace Packages

UnrealSlackers is a Community driven group of likeminded people here to discuss UE4! Join UnrealSlackers on Discord!

Thanks DevilsD. We're working hard and staying busy. Things are really starting to pick up.

Hey there, guys! First of all, this is a really, really nice project. I love the models you have created so far, and the outline of the game indeed sounds very intriguing. However, I am wondering if you're aiming this game to be more of an individual game, like Dayz can be sometimes: you have to survive for yourself, killing opponents in order to get their weapons, money, etc. Or will this be more of a team effort?

Cheers! I'll be sure to stick around and give you some feedback. This project really deserves some more acknowledgement.

BOOM

Quote Originally Posted by bromand77 View Post
    Hey there, guys! First of all, this is a really, really nice project. I love the models you have created so far, and the outline of the game indeed sounds very intriguing. However, I am wondering if you're aiming this game to be more of an individual game, like Dayz can be sometimes: you have to survive for yourself, killing opponents in order to get their weapons, money, etc. Or will this be more of a team effort?

Cheers! I'll be sure to stick around and give you some feedback. This project really deserves some more acknowledgement.
    Thanks Bromand77!

Our Ghosts of War can played both as an individual game, like DayZ, where you have to survive for yourself and kill opponents to salvage materials needed to survive, and more like a team effort where you can form up squads with your friends. A big part of what we're doing with Our Ghosts of War is making the game highly customizable so that players can experience The Second Great War however they like. If they want to play as a random psychopath running up and down the beaches of Omaha and the wine farms of Normandy gunning down both Allied and German troops, they can. If players want to group up with their friends and make a squad, that'll be possible as well and gameplay systems will shift to incorporate that such as squad based resource sharing, among other things.

Hey i was looking over your 1911, i think your stampings are incorrect (just giving some positive criticism seeing that your going for a bit of accuracy) you may want to take another look.

Samaritan
    Holy! This looks beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by ActivistMonkey View Post
    Hey i was looking over your 1911, i think your stampings are incorrect (just giving some positive criticism seeing that your going for a bit of accuracy) you may want to take another look.
    Thanks for the feedback ActivistMonkey. We went for something like this. No good?

Destruction Test.

MP40 WIP

Change Log v0.0.7
    - Players can now host an online game session through non-dedicated servers.
    - Players can now search for existing game sessions.
    - Players can now join an existing game session.
    - Players can now the running session they are in and go back to the main menus.
    - Players can now navigate through a very basic main menu setup to host, join, or exit the game.
    - Players will find an options button in the main menu intended to hold all controls over the game's settings. Clicking on it will currently do nothing.
    - Players can now pause a game while in a running session. From their, they can resume the game or exit the session.
    - Players can now host/search for/join both regular multiplayer and LAN games.
    - Players now see a "Our Ghosts of War" splash screen when the game is booting up.
    - Developers will now see a custom splash screen when booting up the editor.
    - Developers will now see the "Our Ghosts of War" icon in Unreal's launcher when they go to select a project to open.

Known Bugs/Issues
    - Menus can be easily broken. Current ones are temporary to help aid in testing networking functionality.
    - Searching for sessions multiple times will result in crash. The search button will need to be disabled while a search in progress.
    - Game cannot be packaged in Shipping for Windows 64-bit. Currently investigating possible solutions.
    - Client cannot quit game. Only the server can.
    - Options button on the main menu does nothing when clicked.

Looks great, keep up the good work!
    Marketplace Assets

Advanced Mobile Input: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Easy Input Remapping: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
    Multiplayer Blueprint Chat System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Closing Credits System: Marketplace Page | Support Thread
    Minesweeper Template: Marketplace Page | Support Thread ――― Maze Creator: Marketplace Page | Support Thread

Willys Jeep HP

I used to have a 1916 colt (officer) m1911 that my uncle gave me (stolen out of my car sadly when i was in my 20s), but considering that this is ww2 and not ww1 it wouldnt have been a colt(or shouldnt, if we are going with the more produced 1911) remington stamps on the left of the receiver, and then the government on the right. Either way i think you guys are doing a fantastic job, was just food for thought. (and actually now looking closer at your image i appologize, it does look like you have it as a remington)

Name:  19112.jpg
Views: 2717
Size:  44.1 KB

Name:  19113.jpg
Views: 2779
Size:  51.5 KB

Also, looking at your tiger, your cuppola. It would have been a later model (the Ausf E) germany realised from combat in africa and the eastern front the cuppola sat to high (otto carius talks about it alot in his book Tigers in the mud) and they lowered it. Those would have been the ones in normandy (and if im not mistaken, the unit would have been the 503rd heavy tank battalion, otto carius also commanded jagdtigers in normandy with the 512th).
    Last edited by ActivistMonkey; 10-31-2015 at 05:52 PM.

Change Log v0.1.0
    - Players can now see the Steam Overlay on the games startup, or whenever desired by pressing Shift-Tab.
    - Developers now have access to the Normandy map as well as related textures, materials, etc.
    - BUG FIX (BID-000000003): Games can now be packaged in Shipping for Windows 64-bit mode.
    - Developers will now experience faster compile and load times after a cleanup of the module interface.
    - Players will now experience faster load times and a smaller (though only minute) game size after cleanup of module interface.
    - Players can now host games through Steam.
    - Players can now search for games created through Steam.
    - Players can now join games created through Steam.

Known Bugs/Issues
    - Menus can be easily broken. Current ones are temporary to help aid in testing networking functionality.
    - Searching for sessions multiple times will result in crash. The search button will need to be disabled while a search in progress.
    - Client cannot quit game. Only the server can.
    - Options button on the main menu does nothing when clicked.

I used to have a 1916 colt (officer) m1911 that my uncle gave me (stolen out of my car sadly when i was in my 20s), but considering that this is ww2 and not ww1 it wouldnt have been a colt(or shouldnt, if we are going with the more produced 1911) remington stamps on the left of the receiver, and then the government on the right. Either way i think you guys are doing a fantastic job, was just food for thought. (and actually now looking closer at your image i appologize, it does look like you have it as a remington)

Name:  19112.jpg
Views: 2717
Size:  44.1 KB

Name:  19113.jpg
Views: 2779
Size:  51.5 KB

Also, looking at your tiger, your cuppola. It would have been a later model (the Ausf E) germany realised from combat in africa and the eastern front the cuppola sat to high (otto carius talks about it alot in his book Tigers in the mud) and they lowered it. Those would have been the ones in normandy (and if im not mistaken, the unit would have been the 503rd heavy tank battalion, otto carius also commanded jagdtigers in normandy with the 512th).
    Thanks for the insight! I'll talk to the team about what's off. Is this the book you're talking about?

http://www.amazon.com/Tigers-Mud-Com.../dp/0811729117

Quote Originally Posted by CheapModeler View Post
    Thanks for the insight! I'll talk to the team about what's off. Is this the book you're talking about?

http://www.amazon.com/Tigers-Mud-Com.../dp/0811729117
    That would be it

That would be it
    Awesome. Would you happen to know any books in English that deal with the types of bunkers they would normally construct? We've been looking for such information online but it's all been in German.

Quality stuff.

As for information being in German, have you tried google translate,. They do a decent job. Otehrwise, many members here amy be able to help. You can look under German developers thread.
    Check my working title: The Locked Room here: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...he-locked-Room

Quote Originally Posted by CheapModeler View Post
    Awesome. Would you happen to know any books in English that deal with the types of bunkers they would normally construct? We've been looking for such information online but it's all been in German.
    Sadly no, ill take a look around for ya though.

Here is a link to a french article (google translated of course): https://translate.google.com/transla...lle.free.fr%2F
    may be able to pull some informaton from it, as well it talks about the german defences here https://translate.googleusercontent....bL67B-DQYu-96w

If you open up (under the german defences on the left) for example WN70 it shows the aerial view of that portion of the beach (the beach on the top of the photo) etc etc you will have to pick though it. It does show the flak positions, 75mm AT positions, the location of the buildings.
    Last edited by ActivistMonkey; 11-10-2015 at 12:55 PM. Reason: additional information.

Looking good so far. Just a little sidenote: maybe not use copyrighted music (or offer 2 versions) for videos? The Copyrighted music gets the video blocked for germans on youtube.

Craft your own handgun bullets.

Last edited by PixelPerfectPolygons; 11-23-2015 at 02:37 PM.

Craft you own handgun bullets #2.

Last edited by PixelPerfectPolygons; 11-23-2015 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matzenator View Post
    Looking good so far. Just a little sidenote: maybe not use copyrighted music (or offer 2 versions) for videos? The Copyrighted music gets the video blocked for germans on youtube.
    I'm sorry about that. We'll avoid using all copyrighted music from here on out.

Craft your own Rifle Bullets!

Change Log v0.2.0
    - Developers will now see the project under a separate "Pixel Perfect Polygon" section in the Unreal Project Browser.
    - Developers now have access to an animated FPS rig with a pistol built for the rig.
    - Developers now can access a base projectile class.
    - Players can now fire a weapon from the hip.
    - Players can now reload a weapon.
    - Players can now smoothly run in a networked game even when they have low bandwidth.
    - Players can fire a weapon while aiming down sights.

Known Bugs/Issues
    - Client cannot quit game.
    - Server cannot quit a game.
    - Searching for a session multiple times results in no sessions found.
    - Attempting to join a game when one does not exist results in a crash.
    - Crash on startup of a packaged game.

Team Update

Hired ShirtyKezRat to start building on the starvation/hunger system, dehydration, stamina, and bleeding systems.

Change Log - Alpha 0.2.3.1234
    - Developers now have access to a full VXGI engine build via Dropbox.
    - Developers now have access to project files updated to account for the beginning works of VXGI.
    - Developers now have access to a full HBAO+ engine build via Dropbox.
    - Developers now have access to project files updated to account for the beginning works of HBAO+.
    - Developers now have access to a set of helper functions covering player names, IDs, session info, session searching, and other misc info.
    - Developers now have access to basic friends interfacing.
    - Developers now have access to basic voice interfacing.
    - Developers now have access to REST API functionality with ability to interact with Parse.
    - Player characters now have hunger and stamina components.
    - Player hunger now goes down at a fixed rate.
    - Player stamina now decreases during sprinting.
    - Player stamina now regenerates when not sprinting.
    - Player's max stamina is now effected by the player's current hunger level.
    - Player characters now have five hunger states: Starving, Weak, Normal, Full, Overfeed
    - Player's max stamina now will decrease to zero when the character is starving.
    - Player's running speed is now decreased at weak and starving states.
    - Player's now have more max stamina at a full state.
    - Player's XP rate now decreases when the player is hungry.
    - Player's health now goes down when starving.

Very impressive. Subbed to follow progress.

Normandy Foliage Light Test #2

This is looking great! I like how natural the scenery looks. Keep up the awesome work

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast