User Tag List

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Our Ghosts of War - World War 2 Survival Game

Our Ghosts of War got health and other systems working!

Last edited by PixelPerfectPolygons; 10-13-2016 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by macoll View Post
    I am not a big fan of WW2 games but...the amount of work done here and mostly the quality is top notch. Subscribed and yeah ! Megascans PAWA!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ULLS View Post
    This is really cool, in fact the whole project looks incredible and I can't wait to see more.
    Thank you Macoll and Ulls for checking out our project and your support. We're working hard in order to make this one of the best combat games ever!

Today's update: We implemented logic to handle team data involving characters, buildings, spawns points, and more. The idea is to be able to have a class that can distinguish which team a player is on and what dynamically created assets belong to which team. This is of course just a foundation on which we will build our team systems on.

The Fog of War system now dynamically updates maps: This means you can open the map, walk around in the world, and the map will automatically show the areas you discover. Furthermore, the map now shows objects of interest, such as allies (green balls), and your own position (yellow ball).

Here're our latest updates to Our Ghosts of War on our Perforce version control. Expect such updates for the foreseeable future.

"Test Pawn and Test GameMode for tests"

Makes sense :P

Awesome work!
    Marketplace Packages

UnrealSlackers is a Community driven group of likeminded people here to discuss UE4! Join UnrealSlackers on Discord!

Gorgeous looking game. Love the amount of detail you all are putting into it.

Our latest updates for Our Ghosts of War include GPU FX, Fog of War optimizations, and more.

The plan for the first week of November is to get all the systems completed over the last month together in a single build and see what kind of problems crop up. The feeling is that independently these systems will work by themselves. Put them together and things will start to break. Will keep you updated.

World of Tanks style spotting system is now in development.

Engineer Uniform

Shovel

Updated KABAR Knife

Factory

Infiltrator
    How often do you plan on having the player be required to eat/drink before taking damage? Also 5 seconds underwater before drowning seems a bit short since you can hold your breath longer than that.

OGoW Movement Animation Set

OGoW Groin Shot Animation Set + More

Character Clothings System

Tank Firing VFX
    Last edited by PixelPerfectPolygons; 01-27-2017 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Althaen View Post
    How often do you plan on having the player be required to eat/drink before taking damage? Also 5 seconds underwater before drowning seems a bit short since you can hold your breath longer than that.
    Eat/Drink isn't something we intend to rely on as something you do 95% of the time. Not that kind of game. Something like 3-5 hours.

Regarding being underwater and drowing - that's just to test that our systems work.

More updates. 

Last edited by CheapModeler; 02-01-2017 at 10:29 PM.

This is shaping up nicely, cant wait!

Our VFX artist has turned in this particle and I'm keep tweaking the settings yet to make it more suitable for the art direction I'm taking on the game. Might be too bright. What do you think?

Stunning graphics but I think the muzzleflash is a bit too extensive :P?

May have been answered but how's fps, and what gpu ya running

Spent most of the day trying to make the transition natural from grass meshes to soil. Made dozens of tests. Since it's procedural distribution and not manually painted it was a big challenge. Not sure if I'm happy yet...

Looking good!!!

Hi everyone! Sharing a small video of a test I did in UE4 for our game. I think it has great potential. I'm still refining the workflow. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnAdr-ulJWw&feature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum-Dev View Post
    Hi everyone! Sharing a small video of a test I did in UE4 for our game. I think it has great potential. I'm still refining the workflow. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnAdr-ulJWw&feature=youtu.be
    Is this project still alive?

Quote Originally Posted by phantom530 View Post
    Is this project still alive?
    Yes sir! A lot of effort is spent on implementing gameplay elements during the past few months and we're still polishing a lot of things before revealing anything. Stay tuned.

Insane graphics! Love this project.

ARCADE FLIGHT COMBAT GAME
    Now on Steam!

The environments looks really good! Glad to see another WW2 themed game. Best of luck!

Some landscape layers I've created.

I would love to see some gameplay. Is there any chance we could see gameplay in the near future :P?

Champion
    Again, nice models and envi. I agree any info about the gameplay would be cool, keep up

So the mud in the sun is a single layer? It looks like you have numerous "sub-layers" going into it. Do you want to share your channel-packing secrets? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jenyer Jiyoon View Post
    I would love to see some gameplay. Is there any chance we could see gameplay in the near future :P?
    Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by macoll View Post
    Again, nice models and envi. I agree any info about the gameplay would be cool, keep up
    SOOOOON!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilkes View Post
    So the mud in the sun is a single layer? It looks like you have numerous "sub-layers" going into it. Do you want to share your channel-packing secrets? :P
    The mud is a single layer, I have a water puddles layer that I can paint on top of everything, so I've wet'ed the mud a bit here and there.

Next step is to make this look like a photo.

Haven't seen this thread for a while. Looking great!
    Guys, I just beg you for one thing.
    There is so much beautiful grass in this game, that it would shame if it wasn't affected by dynamic stuff, like explosions, cannon shots and tank tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathrey View Post
    Haven't seen this thread for a while. Looking great!
    Guys, I just beg you for one thing.
    There is so much beautiful grass in this game, that it would shame if it wasn't affected by dynamic stuff, like explosions, cannon shots and tank tracks.
    I want all the good stuff too! but we haven't got there yet.

Btw, I just finished relighting the game world.

Glad to be a part of this project now

Freelancer for UE4 and more! www.mykoncodes.com

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast