I need advise/help on Finding a Summer job/ intern/ Job that pays

Howdy!

This is a bit awkward for me because I don’t talk much about it, but I am searching for a Summer job/ internship/ Job that pays. I have been sending job application to my area but I haven’t receive any calls messages. I’m not sure if I’m doing anything wrong or they already got someone but I’ve been trying to find work for the summer. I’m wondering if anyone is kinda in this situation were they can find work.

You could try to get some freelance work -> https://forums.unrealengine/forumdisplay.php?25-Got-Skills-Looking-for-Talent That’s how I did it in the last few summers -> did it beside the ordinary summer job to earn more money :smiley:

1 Like

Fruit / Vegetable picking. It’s hard work, but it pays.

^ this man is correct. People with MSc degrees have a really hard time finding a Job these days. This field is incredibly saturated and the amount of jobs outsourced to places like India is insane. Best to either do freelance and even then lots of people offer to build programs etc for free just to create a portfolio.

Agriculture is a guaranteed job and it pays. Easy to get cause people are afraid of a little hard work.

If you’re looking for an internship in the gaming/visual FX market, then it is extremely difficult–they are as hard to get as regular jobs. There’s easier opportunities out there but it’s going to be with a small company that isn’t necessarily looking for interns but would be open to hiring an intern if you contact them.

What is your current skill set?

Look like much good advice. I am also searching for one. Form all your advices I will probably get the job soon.

If you pick up fruit from trees in New Zealand you earn three times more than a Senior Programmer in Italy… Btw, I’m in the same situation, I’ve emailed over 70 companies all over the world, and received only three positive answers back. I’m still undergoing a selection process though, the chances not to be hired are still very high. My biggest suggestion for you is to create a portfolio, start a project and bring it to the end, it’s the best way to present yourself.

Good advice, thank you very much

Getting a dream job is easy, the complex part is understanding how to structure your application and application process.

FYI, you’re responding to a thread that’s 5 years old.

this forum has gone full necro lately

this sentence:

Getting a dream job is easy, the complex part is understanding how to structure your application and application process.

is erm…total waffle

i want to be an astronaut…its easy just make sure you fill in the application form well…

Thanks for this topic, it’s useful) I’m a student, studying UI / UX and would also like to find some internship.