Android Launch To Device

I am new to UE development coming from an Android background. I believe I have everything set up right and installed TDAP successfully. I’ve ran into a few problems while trying to run the game on a device but I seem to be stuck at this point. Any help will be greatly appreciated. When I try to launch a game to my phone I get this error in the log:

LogPlayLevel: ====6/9/2015 12:04:37 AM====PERFORMING FINAL APK PACKAGE OPERATION================================================
LogPlayLevel: UEDeployAndroid.RunCommandLineProgramAndThrowOnError: Making .apk with Ant... (note: it's safe to ignore javac obsolete warnings)
LogPlayLevel:     [javac] warning: java\lang\Object.class(java\lang:Object.class): major version 51 is newer than 50, the highest major version supported by this compiler.
LogPlayLevel:     [javac] It is recommended that the compiler be upgraded.
LogPlayLevel:     [javac] 1 warning
LogPlayLevel:     [javac] 1 warning
LogPlayLevel: BUILD FAILED
LogPlayLevel: C:\NVPACK\android-sdk-windows	ools\ant\build.xml:649: The following error occurred while executing this line:
LogPlayLevel: C:\NVPACK\android-sdk-windows	ools\ant\build.xml:694: null returned: 1
LogPlayLevel: Total time: 17 seconds
LogPlayLevel: BuildCommand.Execute: ERROR: BUILD FAILED
LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: ERROR: AutomationTool terminated with exception:
LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: ERROR: Exception in UnrealBuildTool: ERROR: cmd.exe failed with args /c "C:/NVPACK/apache-ant-1.8.2/bin/ant.bat" -quiet debug
LogPlayLevel: Stacktrace:    at UnrealBuildTool.Android.UEDeployAndroid.RunCommandLineProgramAndThrowOnError(String WorkingDirectory, String Command, String Params, String OverrideDesc, Boolean bUseShellExecute)
LogPlayLevel:    at UnrealBuildTool.Android.UEDeployAndroid.MakeApk(String ProjectName, String ProjectDirectory, String OutputPath, String EngineDirectory, Boolean bForDistribution, String CookFlavor, Boolean bMakeSeparateApks, Boolean bIncrementalPackage, Boolean bDisallowPackagingDataInApk)
LogPlayLevel:    at UnrealBuildTool.Android.UEDeployAndroid.PrepForUATPackageOrDeploy(String ProjectName, String ProjectDirectory, String ExecutablePath, String EngineDirectory, Boolean bForDistribution, String CookFlavor, Boolean bIsDataDeploy)
LogPlayLevel:    at AndroidPlatform.Deploy(ProjectParams Params, DeploymentContext SC)
LogPlayLevel:    at Project.Deploy(ProjectParams Params)
LogPlayLevel:    at BuildCookRun.DoBuildCookRun(ProjectParams Params)
LogPlayLevel:    at BuildCommand.Execute()
LogPlayLevel:    at AutomationTool.Automation.Execute(List`1 CommandsToExecute, CaselessDictionary`1 Commands)
LogPlayLevel:    at AutomationTool.Automation.Process(String] CommandLine)
LogPlayLevel:    at AutomationTool.Program.MainProc(Object Param)
LogPlayLevel:    at AutomationTool.InternalUtils.RunSingleInstance(MainProc Main, Object Param)
LogPlayLevel:    at AutomationTool.Program.Main()
LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: ERROR: ERROR: cmd.exe failed with args /c "C:/NVPACK/apache-ant-1.8.2/bin/ant.bat" -quiet debug
LogPlayLevel: ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
LogPlayLevel: Program.Main: AutomationTool exiting with ExitCode=1
LogPlayLevel: Domain_ProcessExit
LogPlayLevel: ProcessManager.KillAll: Trying to kill 0 spawned processes.
LogPlayLevel: copying UAT log files...
LogPlayLevel: RunUAT.bat ERROR: AutomationTool was unable to run successfully.
LogPlayLevel: Completed Launch On Stage: Deploy Task, Time: 71.020256
LogPlayLevel: BUILD FAILED

Hi jman2015,

Unfortunately

is an infuriatingly generic error and could be caused by so many things, including many outside the editor. Please see this AnswerHub thread for a list of suggestions on where to start.

Good luck!

Thanks for the quick response. I’ll look into this and see if there is anything that I haven’t already tried. I’ve been getting this error for a few days now and each time it showed a little more descriptive error message giving me a head start on where to look. But I didn’t really see much helpful to me here so I figured I’d post it here since I’m new to UE and quite possibly missing something simple. Its usually the simple things that cause headaches like this lol.

I just thought of a quick question. Being an Android developer the first thing I did was update the Android SDK to the latest versions and added support for newer versions of Android so I can support up to 5.0 with my game. Will making changes to the default installation cause issues like this or should that not have an effect on it?

Should be fine. It’s actually the last suggestion on the list in that AnswerHub. Just be sure to have SDK 19 and NDK checked when installing, if you set it higher you will not be able to package for devices running anything lower than 5.0.

Thanks for the assistance. I was able to get it working from these suggestions. Thanks for the help :D!