GearVR KitKat Issues

I’m not using the AA hack at the moment, so my build works fine on lollipop, but on KitKat all I can see is blurred colors on either eye.

If you move your head it changes a tiny bit, so there’s some head tracking. I’ve tried messing with every setting trying to figure out what could be causing it, but I have no idea what’s happening.

Anyone have an idea of what could be happening? I need a build done quickly and this is driving me nuts.

Note that this is happening when I have it load an empty scene with all gameinfo reset to standard objects as well. I don’t know if this is a rendering issue or what, but it’s just 3 small streaks of color across the screen.

I left the phone in the Gear for a few minutes without it being activated and then touched the sensor to turn it on and it was working fine. So it seems to be some weird loadup issue?

Edit: Yeah, if left alone inside the Gear, without activating the sensor for about 15 seconds, it works fine when you activate the sensor.

I have to bump this as I’m still getting this issue on KitKat devices. I cannot figure out what’s causing it, and it’s … less than professional when pitching to investors.

Do you get the same on the gearVR lighting demo template project linked: Epic's low priority on GearVR and VR in general makes me sad - XR Development - Epic Developer Community Forums ?

I am encountering the same problem using Unreal Engine 4.8 and my Note 4 running KitKat. I tried the GearVR Lighting Demo and I am running into it with that project as well.