Slope based landscape painting

Hello,

An input box for min/max slope degree would help a lot when painting the landscape with different layers.
UE4 already does such a thing for example as described in Stylized Rendering document. But the exact same thing would be a huge improvement for landscape painting.

An example image from Cryengine while selecting a layer to paint with.

In case you are reading this , thanks for writing in my previous request thread.

Hi ,

Have you tried using the world aligned blend node and lerps? These give you a ton of control over the max/min slope of a landscape layer as well as specific blends based on x/y/z coordinates and direction. This is what I typically use in my landscape layers to get multi-textured layers with slope and height controls.

Hi ,

The issue is, for example you might want to paint rock between 30 to 60 degrees here. Over there you want to limit it to 0 to 5 degrees. And some place you just want to paint it in full rocks like 0 to 90 degrees again with the same layer.

But now if you want to have the rock painted on 30 to 60 degrees and somewhere else on 0 to 5 degrees either you have to duplicate the same layer so you can give it new values which is not very efficient, or you can give the layer new values which means the appearance of the layer is limited on 0 to 5 degrees and so the slopes you had painted before are now losing their visibility to 0 to 5 too. It overrides the previously painted degrees to the new slope degrees.

Sorry for, complicated explanation if it wasn’t well written and thank you for reading.

Hi ,

I am entering a feature request, UE-16701 to be taken into consideration by the development staff.