Exterior/Interior Visualization in Unreal Engine

We wanted to try something different from usual interior visualization in unreal engine, so we decided to take it one step further i.e Combining Exterior and Interior together. We came across so many hurdles while building this scene but it was an awesome learning experience. We are still on the learning path. The following scene is inspired by - Morumbi Residence / Monica Drucker

v=tjWidJj9a8s

We know there are so many mistakes or the improvement we can make, comments and critics are more then welcome.

Awesome work, some materials are really impressive. Must be a lot of work to do ext/int in the same project heh? congrats! Was it a commissioned job or made for fun/portfolio?

Thanks for kind words. It was a portfolio scene. It took almost a month working on it off and on.

It’s really harder to get the lighting right on a ext/int project. You did a great job there, congratulations, man!

Did you use any kind of “skyportal” to boost the interior lighting?

A very pleasant scene, nice work. =)

Thanks, These kind words keeps motivated.

Unfortunately there is no “skyportal”(Like in Vray) type light in unreal that can send exterior illumination inside, but I tried hard to replicate the same effect with the help of spot lights.

It’s a fantastic job!
I’m a new to UE4, do you share or sell your UE model? I’m very interested if it is avaliable.

I love, I have really wanted to finish my project, but work at times. Obviously there are things to improve, but this is so and will be improved. But for the moment it looks great and I can say that I like, a great job and quite complex.

I am too thinking of providing this scene on marketplace…just need to brush up some things. Thanks.

That would be awesome !

Not tried this kind of thing yet, but how do you export a single image? Is it just a screen grab? Thanks

If the marketplace process is too slow you can always sell the scene yourself like the guys at ue4arch do! I’d probably buy it if it’s not too expensive!

I am improving this scene a bit more and organizing all assets so as to upload on the market place or my site(yet to decide). Thanks for taking interest, much appreciated.

What is going to be the price , have you decided yet?

Yup, I’m awaiting the price too…

HI ,
To speak out from my heart u r my hero ,my inspriation,i am really really proud of ur work , i am an architectural visualizer working in chennai ,i know only google sketchup and i render stuff in keyshot (product highlighting software but i use it for architectural purpose ) . i am from commerce background and i learnt all by myself didnt go for any course ,i came to know abt ue4 recently and i fell in love with this software . i am trying to learn it from online but i am really finding it hard to learn it as very less tutorials are there for this engine and for the modelling software i know (sketchup) . i really want to know wheather u teach any course on unreal engine in ur native place i am even ready to quit my job and shift from chennai to learn this software from you .or do u teach any online course on this . pls help me out awaiting for your reply .

Thankyou regards ,
Satish (9962859654)

@ : Very nice indeed.
One thing you can try is to have separate levels for Interior and Exterior. You can use Level streaming to make it look seamless. Probably, you will get more control on Lighting in that way.

I have couple of questions.
What is the fps you are getting for exterior?
That vegetation/trees, are they from SpeedTree?