Recommended System Specs

Just wondering if anyone knows if I will have issues with a computer that is a bit under the recommended specs?

Recommended:

Desktop PC or Mac
Windows 7 64-bit or Mac OS X 10.9.2 or later
Quad-core Intel or AMD processor, 2.5 GHz or faster
NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX or AMD Radeon 6870 HD series card or higher
8 GB RAM

What I have:

Early 2011 Macbook Pro
Mavericks OS
Quad-core Intel 2.2 GHz
Radeon HD 6750M with 1 GB
8 GB RAM

Thanks!

I want to know as well.

Overall my specs exceed the recommended specs except my graphics card is a nVidia GTX 260. So I dont know if that alone will make UE4 unusable or not?

Im running :
2600K 4.0ghz
GTX 670 1200mhz core 6500 clock
32GB g skill 1866mhz ram
750 watt psu
SSD sata 2

^ runs UE4 really nicely in most cases (depends on how your using gpu particles along with high res meshes IE super ultra graphics vs just good graphics)

EDIT: there have been a few guys running cards like the GTX 650 and a GTX 465 for instance and have had averages of around 15-45 FPS, so really you want a GTX 670 or higher form nvidia, apparently AMD 7800 series 2GB cards get 60 FPS in UE4, as I dont own anything AMD I can’t say how well it really runs, these benchmarks were for heavy graphical levels also, so take it as you will.

We picked the recommended and minimum system requirements to err on the side of being able to run our higher end demos and such. From a strictly technical POV a DX10 capable card should be sufficient, but you might be limited to the less demanding samples and such.

I’m sorry I can’t give you a clear answer as to whether the tools are going to work on your machine or not, and how responsive and fast they will be.

Having said all that, if you feel that the engine should work on your machine based on your specs and it doesn’t, please don’t hesitate to contact us for a refund.

Thanks, ! I will subscribe.

Hey , just to clarify, is there a hard minimum where UE4 won’t even launch if you’re underneath it?

My CPU and RAM are fine, but I’ve got a GTX485M, which is a pretty good card but definitely below the recommended GTX 470. I won’t bother if UE4 isn’t even going to run, however if it’s just a matter of slightly worse performance I’m eager to give it a shot. Honestly I’m more interested in finally getting to play with Blueprint than any of the ultra-high-end rendering, so if it’s just an FPS difference I’m not too worried. Thanks!

Is there hope?

Hi,

I’m really interested in making my games with UE4 but I’m puzzled as far as the specs are concerned. I know I’m below the recommended specs but is there hope? loll

Right now, I can run UDK very smoothly on my computer here are my specs… By the way, I don’t want to do any of the high level stuff with particles and all, at least not until I upgrade or change my PC.

Core 2 Quad 2.40 GHz
4GB RAM
64 bit OS

ATI Radeon HD 4650 512MB

Do I stand a chance or will I be downloading this for nothing?

Thanks in advance for any information you guys can give me.

I got 100MHz faster CPU and GF9600GT 512MB, most tech demos and blank level runs in 20FPS, mobile game exmples runs at 40FPS. Editor UI is a lot more responsive then UDK, at least i have such feeling.

Thanks for the feedback… there is hope :slight_smile: lolll