User Tag List

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536
Results 1,401 to 1,436 of 1436

Thread: Advanced Sessions Plugin

Infiltrator
    Hi, after searching this forum for a while I couldn't find an answer.

What's the proper way to get the Session Invite Event working?
    I've tried sending invites through the steam overlay and your send invite node. Nothing gets the event to call.
    My GameInstance has your GameInstance as parent, and Invite Accepted works just fine.

I can't figure out why Invite Received won't call.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by rojo8399 View Post
    Hi, after searching this forum for a while I couldn't find an answer.

What's the proper way to get the Session Invite Event working?
    I've tried sending invites through the steam overlay and your send invite node. Nothing gets the event to call.
    My GameInstance has your GameInstance as parent, and Invite Accepted works just fine.

I can't figure out why Invite Received won't call.

Invited received isn't hooked up anywhere in the base engine, they added the event in code, but never used it. I implemented it for when it is in use but no luck so far.

I think I had that noted on the node text and example didn't I?

Maybe I should mark it as deprecated until functional.

Also session accepted I recently renamed the ID to PersonInvited not PersonInviting, as they are passing in the Invitee not the Inviter.

Anyone tested Leaderboard writing?

I'm trying to write in Steam Leaderboards but i can't. I created the variable in Steam Panel and call it with the Plugin method but nothing happens

Hey @mordentral ! Firstly thank you so much for this life saver plugin. I have been using it for 2 weeks with steam subsystem and I have two quick question:
    1- I want players to invite and join sessions for Co-Op mode and creating squad (for join to dedicated server together). As I know there is a Game instance for handle it. But I'm using Generic Shooter's Game Instance now. How Can I handle invite/join without your game instance?
    2- I want to use dedicated servers. There is a boolen option for it at input of create advanced session node. But how can I use it to create dedicated server session under steam subsystem? Can anyone help me about this topic?
    Last edited by MASSIVE Can; 08-06-2017 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aidan Puche View Post
    Anyone tested Leaderboard writing?

I'm trying to write in Steam Leaderboards but i can't. I created the variable in Steam Panel and call it with the Plugin method but nothing happens
    Think you are thinking of the other plugin, i don't do anything for leaderboards currently.

Quote Originally Posted by MASSIVE Can View Post
    Hey @mordentral ! Firstly thank you so much for this life saver plugin. I have been using it for 2 weeks with steam subsystem and I have two quick question:
    1- I want players to invite and join sessions for Co-Op mode and creating squad (for join to dedicated server together). As I know there is a Game instance for handle it. But I'm using Generic Shooter's Game Instance now. How Can I handle invite/join without your game instance?
    2- I want to use dedicated servers. There is a boolen option for it at input of create advanced session node. But how can I use it to create dedicated server session under steam subsystem? Can anyone help me about this topic?
    No you have to use my game instance if you want to receive "OnInviteAccepted", but if you set the parent of the Generic Shooters Game Instance to the AdvancedFreindsGameInstance it will work.

True dedicated servers require a hand built version of the engine, the bool is there so that people doing that can keep the same node structure, you can't use the dedicated bool without building the engine manually.

Merged the 4.17 beta branch into master for the repository and updated the 4.17 binary package to 4.17 release.

@mordentral thank you I got it

Quote Originally Posted by JJGG117 View Post
    So can you point me in the direction of something I can follow to allow my players create a Dedicated Server and then join using AdvancedSessions?
    https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Dedicated_Server_Guide_(Windows_%26_Linux)

Hi,

I'm trying to use the "get steam friend avatar" to show the avatar of each person on a widget, the issue is that while I can see it, the clients does not.
    When the player joins I get the "UniqueNetID" and I set that in a replicated variable, then the clients try to run the "get steam friend avatar" but only I can see the icons

Which is the right workflow to show each person avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by VrPrime View Post
    Hi,

I'm trying to use the "get steam friend avatar" to show the avatar of each person on a widget, the issue is that while I can see it, the clients does not.
    When the player joins I get the "UniqueNetID" and I set that in a replicated variable, then the clients try to run the "get steam friend avatar" but only I can see the icons

Which is the right workflow to show each person avatar?
    Unique net ids don't have any replicated UProperty in them, there is no need as you can get the unique net id of players directly from the player list/player state. They are how they are identified over the network anyway
    so each client already has a copy of everyone elses UniqueNetID.

Its a very minor overhead to make UniqueNetIDs replicate, but I didn't feel it needed to be done due to that.

*Edit* There is a "GetPlayerUniqueNetID" node, one for when given a local player controller and one for when given a player state from the game instance.

Quote Originally Posted by mordentral View Post
    Unique net ids don't have any replicated UProperty in them, there is no need as you can get the unique net id of players directly from the player list/player state. They are how they are identified over the network anyway
    so each client already has a copy of everyone elses UniqueNetID.

Its a very minor overhead to make UniqueNetIDs replicate, but I didn't feel it needed to be done due to that.

*Edit* There is a "GetPlayerUniqueNetID" node, one for when given a local player controller and one for when given a player state from the game instance.
    Yup, I was trying to use the player controller but those don't exist on the client side, I started using player state instead and it worked! thank you for the reply

Is 4.16.3 plugin will be?

How do I setup VoiceChat?
    Start / Stop networked voice will work for PTT.

Just add the config file commands in the OP post to your project.

For open mic you just leave the config boolean to false for push to talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Light View Post
    Is 4.16.3 plugin will be?
    The current 4.16 download is 4.16.3

Infiltrator
    Hi... in version 4.17 the plugin ( Advanced Steam Session) crashes my project at startup and closes and I'm forced to not be able to change version ... how can I fix it?
    Last edited by Andrea92; 08-11-2017 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea92 View Post
    Hi... in version 4.17 the plugin ( Advanced Steam Session) crashes my project at startup and closes and I'm forced to not be able to change version ... how can I fix it?
    As in when you load the UProject file? Did you download the source or the binaries, and did you download the new files before switching to 4.17?

Unless it is an actual crash an not a "is not compiled for this engine version" warning, then you are using incompatible files is all and need to match the two up.

Also how does it force you to "not change versions"?

Infiltrator
    The uproject file times are right, I've downloaded the version as I've ever done from Launcher, I've been using this plugin for 2 years now and we are ready to release our game and that's why we're updating it to a newer version ... Plugin is divided into 2, the normal part and the steam part ... removing the steam part all works to perfection and does not crash ... Sorry for my english

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea92 View Post
    The uproject file times are right, I've downloaded the version as I've ever done from Launcher, I've been using this plugin for 2 years now and we are ready to release our game and that's why we're updating it to a newer version ... Plugin is divided into 2, the normal part and the steam part ... removing the steam part all works to perfection and does not crash ... Sorry for my english
    Does it crash while "loading", or when trying to play your game?

If it is during your game there may be a log event thrown.

I need to know what it is doing as I do not have any issue.

*Edit* I'm sure that if you can describe the problem to me and provide the Log after it crashed that we can get it solved
    Last edited by mordentral; 08-11-2017 at 02:44 PM.

Yeah that should all work fine even without the plugin.

The plugin is specifically for push to talk since they didn't expose "toggleVoice" to blueprints, so you can directly use the StartNetworkedVoice and StopNetworkedVoice nodes.

How do I change the volume of non-PTT sound?
    I don't have AdvancedFriendsInterface, I just have AdvancedFriends Plugin.

I can't reparent my GameInst with AdvancedFriendsInst because they are not compatible apparently.
    What is advanced friends plugin?

Are you trying to combine this plugin with another one?

Sorry, AdvancedSessions*

To access the nodes, I tried reparenting my GameInst with AdvancedFriendsGameInst
    It doesn't work, and either way I try it (vice or versa) it removes all the content of one or the other.

I'm just wondering if non-PTT (which I have working) can be controlled by anything other than master volume?

Also with non-PTT can I disable any mic input? with an options checkbox or something?
    Not as far as I know (in blueprint) and no

How about Mute?
    Or is anything possible by editing Engine Content?
    You would need the plugin to mute with blueprints only.

Also I think you can change global voice volume, just not per user.

Also, reparenting a GameInstance to AdvancedFriendsGameInstance or vice versa just removes all its data and assigns it to the new one :\

THere's NO WAY it's possible to combine 2 game instances. One or the other will be forced not to work
    I've answered this three times now to you......one of the ones you want as the parent needs the other one to be its parent, then your final game instance uses the combined one.....

Hi! Does this plugin include the ability of clicking a button opening steam's own invites UI (not a propietary one)? And the ability to host a STEAM lobby, that everyone from the world can join? If so, cand you give me some instructions on how to create something like this? Thank you in advance, and I hope I didn't take much from your time.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyZer0 View Post
    Hi! Does this plugin include the ability of clicking a button opening steam's own invites UI (not a propietary one)? And the ability to host a STEAM lobby, that everyone from the world can join? If so, cand you give me some instructions on how to create something like this? Thank you in advance, and I hope I didn't take much from your time.
    Yes and yes

What's the best way to adding Splitscreen Characters for Online Multiplayer?
    AddPlayer....but that doesn't have anything to do with this plugin.

How do I change global voice volume? Is there a node for it?

I honestly don't remember, you'll have to check in the audio settings. I know some of the pre-made menu's have it set via slider.

I have been unable to accept and send Steam Invites from Steam Chat in Steam Overlay.

Do I need AdvancedFriendsGameInstance in-use in able to do this?
    Yes, that is the only reason that it exists.

I'm sorry but does this work with two Engline installed Plugins? Like two Marketplace downloaded plugins? They will reside as Engine-side plugins, not Game-side plugins.

I took one, opened it up, changed the parent to the other one. But it says there will be Data Loss. Basically all this does is change or switch the GameInstance, not combine them.

I'm really struggling to get AdvancedFriendsGameInstance working with my other GameInstance class type. The two separate GameInstances have nodes of their own which I need to use together in one GameInstance. I'm not just trying to switch between one or the other, I'm trying to combine them both. Inherit both of their nodes for me to use.

If you can kindly review the steps with me in greater depth....

I see that both plugins have a Source folder. But none are in Game/Plugins...all are in 4.16/Engine/Plugins/Marketplace
    How would you describe "reparenting" ? Going into Class Settings?
    Yes, class settings / parent.

The AdvancedFriendsGameInstance is c++ based so it likely needs to be the root parent as your other one is blueprint. Make sure the other GameInstances parent class is listed as "GameInstance" and not "PlatformGameInstance".

If the original parent is "GameInstance" then you should be entirely safe to set the parent of your second game instance to AdvancedFriendsGameInstance, the "There MAY be data loss" is a warning that always pops up regardless of what you are parenting to.

If the original parent of the second game instance is not a baseline "GameInstance" then you won't be able to do this, and likely will have to manually merge things if you want them.

Well the plugins are installed thru the 4.16/Plugins/Marketplace. They both work fine on their own. When I go to create a new game instance, I find that this game instance's tooltip says it is C++
    But I have a BP only project and individually, your AdvancedFriends and my other game instance work fine.

Both are under GameInstance and are not a child of PlatformGameInstance.

Still reparenting removes the nodes of one or the other as well as from default settings panel.

I assume AdvancedFriends has a public .h class? In there I'm sure it is parented to UGameInstance but still in BP it shows up as AdvancedFriendsGameInstance parent. This is why it removes the other GameInstance as soon as I reparent. As both are C++ working in a BP only project.

I'm not sure the steps to take to make sure they can not conflict classes when I go ahead and reparent in editor. Or even if I was to go ahead and reparent in C++ .h files. How to rebuild, etc. that type of thing. If I go ahead and create a C++ class and rebuild after manually reparenting in one of the C++ .h files, then it builds instantly with no other prints to output log.
    I said to make AdvancedSessions the PARENT of the OTHER gameinstance that comes from a plugin.......

If the other plugins game instance is c++ then you are out of luck without manual edits.

Hey! So I was watching a tutorial on youtube on how to add advance sessions into your project and everything seemed fine. When I play game in-engine as standalone I can see my friend list from steam and Im able to create server but when I package the server, I don't think the stuff from advance sessions get added there cuz when i press shift+tab even steam overlay doesnt even come up.

The plugins I only activated were: online subsystem steam, "AdvancedSteamSessions" only, In his new video he made how to package everything but he also enabled "AdvancedSessions" plugin but when I go back to plugins and search for advance sessions plugins nothing shows up. Any help would be appreciated.

Unreal Engine Version: 4.16.3

Also thanks for creating such a cool plugin @mordentral
    Last edited by DarkSoul Gaming; 08-15-2017 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSoul Gaming View Post
    Hey! So I was watching a tutorial on youtube on how to add advance sessions into your project and everything seemed fine. When I play game in-engine as standalone I can see my friend list from steam and Im able to create server but when I package the server, I don't think the stuff from advance sessions get added there cuz when i press shift+tab even steam overlay doesnt even come up.

The plugins I only activated were: online subsystem steam, "AdvancedSteamSessions" only, In his new video he made how to package everything but he also enabled "AdvancedSessions" plugin but when I go back to plugins and search for advance sessions plugins nothing shows up. Any help would be appreciated.

Unreal Engine Version: 4.16.3

Also thanks for creating such a cool plugin @mordentral
    Did you delete the AdvancedSessions plugin folder? It should show up in your available plugins list.

Also as of 4.17 you won't be able to remove Advanced sessions but use Advanced Steam Sessions as the Steam Sessions relies on it and will correctly inform you that it needs the former enabled.

Did you delete the AdvancedSessions plugin folder? It should show up in your available plugins list.

Also as of 4.17 you won't be able to remove Advanced sessions but use Advanced Steam Sessions as the Steam Sessions relies on it and will correctly inform you that it needs the former enabled.
    So to be able to enable the "AdvancedSessions" plugin I deleted plugins folder from my project folder and and didnt delete the one from engine level and it worked but I keep facing the same problem.

When I run standalone, it works

and when I run the packaged one to be shipped, it doesnt work

Here are the plugins I have Enabled:
    Online Subsystem,
    Online Subsystem Steam,
    AdvancedSessions,
    AdvancedSessionSteam,

Also Im using unreal engine 4.16.x not 4.17.x. Im not sure what the problem is and I also cant figure it out as Im new to unreal engine and still am learning stuff.

EDIT: Im only building it for windows so I have made any c++ bland file in my project, but when I try to do it, it keeps giving me namespace already exists error.
    Last edited by DarkSoul Gaming; 08-16-2017 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSoul Gaming View Post
    So to be able to enable the "AdvancedSessions" plugin I deleted plugins folder from my project folder and and didnt delete the one from engine level and it worked but I keep facing the same problem.

When I run standalone, it works:
    https://gyazo.com/c18e1e882e5509fc22b813cd4f67dc70

and when I run the packaged one to be shipped, it doesnt work:
    https://gyazo.com/baae2a51448ee568c3264e82723e097c

Here are the plugins I have Enabled:
    Online Subsystem,
    Online Subsystem Steam,
    AdvancedSessions,
    AdvancedSessionSteam,

SS of plugins enabled:
    https://gyazo.com/edf7dcd82b65b5b9e0cae1a000326781
    https://gyazo.com/df8735488c9595dbeeb26b566ec1643d
    https://gyazo.com/02a7d5aebd789ba653b60e97978efb06

Also Im using unreal engine 4.16.x not 4.17.x. Im not sure what the problem is and I also cant figure it out as Im new to unreal engine and still am learning stuff.

EDIT: Im only building it for windows so I have made any c++ bland file in my project, but when I try to do it, it keeps giving me namespace already exists error.

To use it in a shipping build you need to add an app_id.txt file in the .exe directory (not the first launcher exe, the actual .exe) that contains your appid or in the case of testing, the default 480 one.

You can package in development to test without doing that if you wish.

Without the app_id.txt file shipping builds won't work correctly with the Steam Subsystem.

To use it in a shipping build you need to add an app_id.txt file in the .exe directory (not the first launcher exe, the actual .exe) that contains your appid or in the case of testing, the default 480 one.

You can package in development to test without doing that if you wish.

Without the app_id.txt file shipping builds won't work correctly with the Steam Subsystem.
    thanks alot that worked

Hi,

I have a similar problem as the last one.
    I find sessions in editor, but if I package my project and give it to a friend it mostly doesn´t find a session.
    Sometimes it finds something, but not often.
    Does somebody know this problem and maybe how to fix it?

Thanks for your help.

Hi mordentral,

First, let me thank you for this plugin! Great stuff you got here.

I tried it yesterday and I have a question regarding the "create session" node. When I use it and create a session on a dedicated server (then LAN & DEDICATED SERVER booleans are checked on the node) and set the max players to 3, I can see the session and connect the 3 first players to the server. But when a 4th instance of the game looks for the session using the "Find sessions" node, it doesn't find it. It's a problem for me because let's say I have a list of 20 official servers, I want players to be able to see the full list of servers even if they are full.

Did I miss something in the configuration/creation of the session, is it linked to your plugin or is it OSS related (I'm using Null OSS and activated both of your plugins - steam and not steam)

Thank you,
    SacriPan!

EDIT: Running 4.16 engine/plugin
    Last edited by SacriPan; 08-17-2017 at 03:34 AM.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536