SciFi Props Pack

Hello all! I just submitted a big SciFi Props Pack, 250 assets for creating your Sci-Fi interiors, PBR friendly

**Feel free to give it a vote please :wink: **

Trello

– Demo Level –

– Overview –

– Technical detail –

241 Static meshes
9 Skeletal meshes (with customs animations)
45 Material (39 instances)
115 Textures (albedo, metallic, roughness, normal and emissive)
1 Ambient sound

Each asset is optimized for a low poly budget, the average tris count is
around 400.

Most of the textures are 1024*1024 (albedo, metallic, roughness, normal
and emissive).

Most of the materials are instanced from a master material thus you will have a large amount of customizable parameters (NEW possibility of colorization)

The Skeletal Meshes are meant to be animated with the ‘Use Animation
Asset’ system. All the animations were done in an external 3D apps.

Tested and designed for DESKTOP.

UPDATE: more screenies from the meshes**

*****Tiny ‘In Depth Analysis’ of the content 13/05/2015

Hello!

I decided to show people more in depth how is the pack…quickly with one example: a pillar.

1/ First, let’s see a small anim:

[CENTER]- Every asset has his own proper collision made for the most directly in the UE4 (except for some -> UCX protocol in 3DSMAX)

• All the UV map channel 2 were properly made
  • There is one or more material(s) for a mesh, it depends the mesh, in our case: there are 3 materials. This way i was able to re-use one material for several meshes.[/CENTER]

2/ Second, about the materials:

Nothing fancy here, i did a master material with a lot of instances. My master material is not very complicated but efficient.

Let’s see an example, first the textures used, i took a material from the pillar ID n°3:

[CENTER]

• Each ‘instance mat’ has an albedo, metallic, roughness and 2 normal maps (a general and a detailed one for closer look)…and an emissive (when present)

• Let’s see the parameters:

• Quickly said, you will be able to:

• > 4 parameters for the emissive when present (color+intensity+period+sine)

• > Metallic and Roughness were clamped (MIN and MAX)

• > Intensity of the 2 normal map, plus the scale of the detailed normal map

• > The 2 parameters AlbedoNMMasterPawa etc... give strange effects, hard to describe, this is a mix (Blend Overlay) of the R and G channels of the master NM into the A texture (don't ask me why for them :) )

I hope this ‘Tiny in Depth analysis’ answers at some of your questions about this pack. Things are subject to change, i have ideas for the color part of the materials :wink:

Thanx everybody for your comments, ideas and reproaches.

PS: sry for my english, sometimes i speak english like a spanish cow[/CENTER]

STAY TUNE

UPDATE 06/10/2015

Hi all!

I have implemented the possibility to colorize the white painted metal parts of the meshes and the chromed ones. I thought it could be useful for some people. So there will be 2 looks: one basic and one colorful, you will have the choice :slight_smile:
Also, i have reorganized all the things in the master material itself to be the more clear as possible for the parameters in the instances (PARAMS)

Let’s see with an example: here is the final setup for the instances with all the categories deployed

3/ Extra infos:

• for the emissive, you will be able to choose 2 colors: one basic color for the emissive and one color for the Sine. The choice is relevant when the ‘Sine’ parameter is activated. Again, the choice will be yours, you could also keep the basic emissive color.

• I will do a small scene ‘DemoColor’ with some examples of color variation, i won’t change the actual demo scene.

I hope i am clear, don’t hesitate to post comments here or email me.

UPDATE 06/19/2015

Hello!

Some extra technical infos about the pack with some screenies:

About the materials

About the textures (x2)

[CENTER]
For info, the total size of the compressed textures on disk is 110Mb

About the staticmeshes (x4)

About the skeletal meshes

The ‘SciFiProps’ pack is a ‘.7z’ file of 353Mb (ie: 361 792 Ko)[/CENTER]

Thanks all! :wink:

**[FONT=Comic Sans MS] UPDATED TO VERSION 4.11 **

Looks great and price is very reasonable!

This actually looks like a really good bundle. Tons of great content for a really reasonable price. I eagerly await to see more :slight_smile:

First post edited with a lot of screenies from the meshes, closer

I will answer your questions and thoughts in a later post :wink:

Many props and the quality looks good. The price is reasonable. Certainly the best sci-fi package. Well done!

Great price if you ask me, clearly lots of care went into these pieces. Detail level is good :slight_smile:

EDIT: It also looks like it’s full PBR and actually capable of holding up on Desktop. Both the Bunker and the Sci-Fi Hallways have very limited amounts of content for the price. This is a much better deal IMO.

*****Tiny ‘In Depth Analysis’ of the content 13/05/2015

Nice work Macoll! Its good to see more scifi work being done for the marketplace. Keep it up! =)

Thanx! :wink:

I will update my master material with screenies as soon as possible…there will be more parameters (albedo color…)…for now i take a holiday break, see you all.
Don’t hesitate to ask questions about the pack, i am never far and i will answer :wink:

looks perfect for what i need
voted!

Fantastic work, voted!

It would be nice addition to SE_JonF pack and ManufacturaK4 pack.

Thanks all for kind words, ideas and thoughts…

*** 06/10/2015First post updated with new infos ***

Only in the unreal community. :3 thx

Alright, question.

How well does it snap to the grid? I am currently prototyping using Manufactura K4’s pack, and nothing fits on a 50 unit snap size. Does your pack snap to the default UE4 grid sizes?

That is my biggest concern. Other than that, it looks excellent.

As some have said, it looks a little generic, and while I would welcome some specialized pieces/parts, I certainly would not want to lose the adaptability that is inherent in a modular pack.

==> The meshes snap to the 10cm or 5cm grid, depend the mesh…

cb0cfc51d8e1bf120d41324a378371c66612e978.jpeg

==> Thanx :wink:

Hi there,

Was REALLY looking forward to your pack becoming available, however i’ve just bought it, downloaded it and imported it into my project’s content folder. Unfortunately, the Test Levels/Overview level, as well as all of the materials do not appear in the editor - only the static/skeletal meshes, the textures and the sounds. Weirdly though, when navigating to my project’s content folder in windows explorer it appears that the files are definitely there but aren’t importing properly.

I’ve imported the pack into various blank projects, deleted and downloaded the pack multiple times and also attempted to open the maps via console - all to no avail.

Properly gutted as i’ve been looking for to this for a while - any chance any other purchasers are having the same problem? If there is a way to fix this I would be most grateful! Unless this is possibly a problem with the project files on the marketplace?

Thanks guys - really hope somebody can help!

Jared

Hello!

Indeed weird…:confused:

You have to open the pack with the new version of the engine** 4.8**, is this the case ? Please let me know at macolly31@yahoo.fr…i stay tune

For info, the folder ‘SciFiProps’ must be in the ‘Content’ folder of your project. The ‘SciFiProps’ folder contains 6 others subfolders: Map, Materials, Meshes, SkeletalMeshes and Textures. In the Map folder, you will find three scenes: DemoColor, DemoLevel and Overview. Please let me know if all is correct for you :wink:

The ‘SciFiProps’ file you downloaded must be 353Mb (ie: 361 792 Ko), is that correct ?

36cb7560d715d0f7ce43d14ffa8db96a4d5fd14c.jpeg

Regards.

*** 06/19/2015First post updated with new infos ***

Ahh it seems to be working fine with 4.8, but not 4.7 - unfortunately 4.7 is the version that my project is in :confused:

Oh well, guess i gotta wait for 4.8 to be updated as my project isn’t converting properly to it at the moment - apparently conversion issues are being looked into for the next update so fingers crossed!

Thanks for your help though buddy!

Ok works fine with 4.8. Cool! :wink:

For info: when you release something on the Unreal Market, the thing you do has to be saved with the latest version of the engine.

Regards.