User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SciFi Props Pack

Champion

SciFi Props Pack

Hello all! I just submitted a big SciFi Props Pack, 250 assets for creating your Sci-Fi interiors, PBR friendly

Feel free to give it a vote please

-- Demo Level --

-- Overview --

-- Technical detail --

241 Static meshes
    9 Skeletal meshes (with customs animations)
    45 Material (39 instances)
    115 Textures (albedo, metallic, roughness, normal and emissive)
    1 Ambient sound

Each asset is optimized for a low poly budget, the average tris count is
    around 400.

Most of the textures are 1024*1024 (albedo, metallic, roughness, normal
    and emissive).

Most of the materials are instanced from a master material thus you will have a large amount of customizable parameters (NEW possibility of colorization)

The Skeletal Meshes are meant to be animated with the ‘Use Animation
    Asset’ system. All the animations were done in an external 3D apps.

Tested and designed for DESKTOP.

*****UPDATE: more screenies from the meshes*****

Name:  Meshes_Closer1.jpg
Views: 2923
Size:  611.0 KB
    Name:  Meshes_Closer2.jpg
Views: 2637
Size:  587.9 KB
    Name:  Meshes_Closer3.jpg
Views: 2763
Size:  561.0 KB
    Name:  Meshes_Closer4.jpg
Views: 2677
Size:  634.3 KB
    Name:  Meshes_Closer5.jpg
Views: 3033
Size:  546.6 KB
    Name:  Meshes_Closer6.jpg
Views: 2667
Size:  529.1 KB
    Name:  Meshes_Closer7.jpg
Views: 2594
Size:  520.7 KB

*****Tiny 'In Depth Analysis' of the content 13/05/2015

Hello!

I decided to show people more in depth how is the pack...quickly with one example: a pillar.

1/ First, let's see a small anim:

- Every asset has his own proper collision made for the most directly in the UE4 (except for some -> UCX protocol in 3DSMAX)
    - All the UV map channel 2 were properly made
    - There is one or more material(s) for a mesh, it depends the mesh, in our case: there are 3 materials. This way i was able to re-use one material for several meshes.

2/ Second, about the materials:

Nothing fancy here, i did a master material with a lot of instances. My master material is not very complicated but efficient.

Let's see an example, first the textures used, i took a material from the pillar ID n°3:

Name:  text_maps.jpg
Views: 2791
Size:  902.1 KB

- Each 'instance mat' has an albedo, metallic, roughness and 2 normal maps (a general and a detailed one for closer look)...and an emissive (when present)

- Let's see the parameters:

Name:  text_parameters.jpg
Views: 2502
Size:  893.2 KB

- Quickly said, you will be able to:

• > 4 parameters for the emissive when present (color+intensity+period+sine)
    • > Metallic and Roughness were clamped (MIN and MAX)
    • > Intensity of the 2 normal map, plus the scale of the detailed normal map
    • > The 2 parameters AlbedoNMMasterPawa etc... give strange effects, hard to describe, this is a mix (Blend Overlay) of the R and G channels of the master NM into the A texture (don't ask me why for them )

I hope this 'Tiny in Depth analysis' answers at some of your questions about this pack. Things are subject to change, i have ideas for the color part of the materials

Thanx everybody for your comments, ideas and reproaches.

PS: sry for my english, sometimes i speak english like a spanish cow

STAY TUNE

****UPDATE 06/10/2015****

Hi all!

I have implemented the possibility to colorize the white painted metal parts of the meshes and the chromed ones. I thought it could be useful for some people. So there will be 2 looks: one basic and one colorful, you will have the choice
    Also, i have reorganized all the things in the master material itself to be the more clear as possible for the parameters in the instances (PARAMS)

Let's see with an example: here is the final setup for the instances with all the categories deployed

Name:  Final_MatInst.jpg
Views: 2063
Size:  326.6 KB

3/ Extra infos:

- for the emissive, you will be able to choose 2 colors: one basic color for the emissive and one color for the Sine. The choice is relevant when the 'Sine' parameter is activated. Again, the choice will be yours, you could also keep the basic emissive color.

- I will do a small scene 'DemoColor' with some examples of color variation, i won't change the actual demo scene.

I hope i am clear, don't hesitate to post comments here or email me.

****UPDATE 06/19/2015****

Hello!

Some extra technical infos about the pack with some screenies:

About the materials

Name:  infos_mat.jpg
Views: 2030
Size:  168.4 KB

About the textures (x2)

Name:  infos_textures1.jpg
Views: 2058
Size:  275.3 KB
    Name:  infos_textures2.jpg
Views: 2019
Size:  273.4 KB

For info, the total size of the compressed textures on disk is 110Mb

About the staticmeshes (x4)

Name:  infos_meshes1.jpg
Views: 2014
Size:  177.8 KB
    Name:  infos_meshes2.jpg
Views: 1994
Size:  181.2 KB
    Name:  infos_meshes3.jpg
Views: 2001
Size:  181.7 KB
    Name:  infos_meshes4.jpg
Views: 1978
Size:  182.4 KB

About the skeletal meshes

Name:  infos_skeletal.jpg
Views: 1992
Size:  132.0 KB

The 'SciFiProps' pack is a '.7z' file of 353Mb (ie: 361 792 Ko)

Thanks all!

UPDATED TO VERSION 4.11
    Last edited by macoll; 04-04-2016 at 10:20 AM.

Hope you're open to feedback... Its ok, just ok. It kind of falls in-between the slick clean lines of Sci-fi hallways and the Sci-fi bunk demo. But its looks pretty unspecial for that price to be honest. It could be an underground base anywhere, and Ue4 is a competitive world where you're up against the likes of SE_JonF and others etc.

Personally, I'd do something more unique looking and rework the sample scene and assets to separate them from the other examples mentioned... At the moment, the colors and style don't do anything. But with new materials and a different style why knows... Portal windows to a planetary corona, or dramatic views of outside landscapes, could add an entirely new look, that's less bunker like, less ordinary and less grim IMHO... But that said, it could still work for a genre like Sci-Fi horror as it stands...
    Last edited by franktech; 05-09-2015 at 12:54 AM.

Promoter
    Looks great and price is very reasonable!

This actually looks like a really good bundle. Tons of great content for a really reasonable price. I eagerly await to see more

Champion
    **First post edited with a lot of screenies from the meshes, closer**

I will answer your questions and thoughts in a later post

Many props and the quality looks good. The price is reasonable. Certainly the best sci-fi package. Well done!

Great price if you ask me, clearly lots of care went into these pieces. Detail level is good

EDIT: It also looks like it's full PBR and actually capable of holding up on Desktop. Both the Bunker and the Sci-Fi Hallways have very limited amounts of content for the price. This is a much better deal IMO.
    Last edited by TheJamsh; 05-10-2015 at 05:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJamsh View Post
    Great price if you ask me, clearly lots of care went into these pieces. Detail level is good

EDIT: It also looks like it's full PBR and actually capable of holding up on Desktop. Both the Bunker and the Sci-Fi Hallways have very limited amounts of content for the price. This is a much better deal IMO.
    +1

True! There is a lot of content. With different materials, I can see possibilities...
    Exclude Sci-fi Bunk as its just a free sample... Sci-fi hallways is still expanding....
    Last edited by franktech; 05-13-2015 at 12:59 AM.

Champion
    *****Tiny 'In Depth Analysis' of the content 13/05/2015

Visionary
    Nice work Macoll! Its good to see more scifi work being done for the marketplace. Keep it up! =)

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SE_JonF View Post
    Nice work Macoll! Its good to see more scifi work being done for the marketplace. Keep it up! =)
    Thanx!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will update my master material with screenies as soon as possible....there will be more parameters (albedo color...)...for now i take a holiday break, see you all.
    Don't hesitate to ask questions about the pack, i am never far and i will answer

Samaritan
    looks perfect for what i need
    voted!
    Portfolio Webpage
    http://fcsupreme.wix.com/gamedesign

LinkedIn: uk.linkedin.com/pub/adam-facey/77/a01/61/

Fantastic work, voted!

It would be nice addition to SE_JonF pack and ManufacturaK4 pack.
    How to create first person shooter game from scratch. Lots of tutorials: http://www.shootertutorial.com - celebrating 50th Tutorial!

Champion
    Thanks all for kind words, ideas and thoughts...

****06/10/2015****First post updated with new infos

Only in the unreal community. :3 thx

Alright, question.

How well does it snap to the grid? I am currently prototyping using Manufactura K4's pack, and nothing fits on a 50 unit snap size. Does your pack snap to the default UE4 grid sizes?

That is my biggest concern. Other than that, it looks excellent.

As some have said, it looks a little generic, and while I would welcome some specialized pieces/parts, I certainly would not want to lose the adaptability that is inherent in a modular pack.

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Axtel Sturnclaw View Post
    Alright, question.

How well does it snap to the grid?
    ==> The meshes snap to the 10cm or 5cm grid, depend the mesh...

Name:  gridsnap.jpg
Views: 2051
Size:  788.0 KB

That is my biggest concern. Other than that, it looks excellent.
    ==> Thanx

Hi there,

Was REALLY looking forward to your pack becoming available, however i've just bought it, downloaded it and imported it into my project's content folder. Unfortunately, the Test Levels/Overview level, as well as all of the materials do not appear in the editor - only the static/skeletal meshes, the textures and the sounds. Weirdly though, when navigating to my project's content folder in windows explorer it appears that the files are definitely there but aren't importing properly.

I've imported the pack into various blank projects, deleted and downloaded the pack multiple times and also attempted to open the maps via console - all to no avail.

Properly gutted as i've been looking for to this for a while - any chance any other purchasers are having the same problem? If there is a way to fix this I would be most grateful! Unless this is possibly a problem with the project files on the marketplace?

Thanks guys - really hope somebody can help!

Jared

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesong View Post
    Hi there,

Was REALLY looking forward to your pack becoming available, however i've just bought it, downloaded it and imported it into my project's content folder. Unfortunately, the Test Levels/Overview level, as well as all of the materials do not appear in the editor - only the static/skeletal meshes, the textures and the sounds. Weirdly though, when navigating to my project's content folder in windows explorer it appears that the files are definitely there but aren't importing properly.

I've imported the pack into various blank projects, deleted and downloaded the pack multiple times and also attempted to open the maps via console - all to no avail.

Properly gutted as i've been looking for to this for a while - any chance any other purchasers are having the same problem? If there is a way to fix this I would be most grateful! Unless this is possibly a problem with the project files on the marketplace?

Thanks guys - really hope somebody can help!

Jared
    Hello!

Indeed weird...:/

You have to open the pack with the new version of the engine 4.8, is this the case ? Please let me know at macolly31@yahoo.fr...i stay tune

For info, the folder 'SciFiProps' must be in the 'Content' folder of your project. The 'SciFiProps' folder contains 6 others subfolders: Map, Materials, Meshes, SkeletalMeshes and Textures. In the Map folder, you will find three scenes: DemoColor, DemoLevel and Overview. Please let me know if all is correct for you

The 'SciFiProps' file you downloaded must be 353Mb (ie: 361 792 Ko), is that correct ?

Name:  hierarchy.jpg
Views: 1979
Size:  352.7 KB

Regards.
    Last edited by macoll; 06-19-2015 at 06:50 AM.

Champion
    ****06/19/2015****First post updated with new infos

Ahh it seems to be working fine with 4.8, but not 4.7 - unfortunately 4.7 is the version that my project is in :/

Oh well, guess i gotta wait for 4.8 to be updated as my project isn't converting properly to it at the moment - apparently conversion issues are being looked into for the next update so fingers crossed!

Thanks for your help though buddy!

Champion
    Ok works fine with 4.8. Cool!

For info: when you release something on the Unreal Market, the thing you do has to be saved with the latest version of the engine.

Regards.

Champion
    *****COMPATIBLE VERSION 4.9*****

Hi all!

Thanks to Epic, 'SciFi Props Pack' now fully compatible with the version 4.9 of the engine.

By the way, I would like to thank all my buyers

Oliver.
    Last edited by macoll; 09-14-2015 at 06:14 PM.

AWESOME PACK! Highly Modular/Granular, PBR, Future Tech Styling, Functional Blueprints and Animation.

Would also be interested in Higher Definitions 2048x2048 Textures.
    TheGameDevStore.com | TheGameDevStore.VR: MMO + Interactive Asset Store + RPG|FPS Game Layer w/ VR Support.

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by TechLord View Post
    AWESOME PACK! Highly Modular/Granular, PBR, Future Tech Styling, Functional Blueprints and Animation.
    You are welcome

Would also be interested in Higher Definitions 2048x2048 Textures.
    At early stage of the content creation, i began to work at 2K...well, it was heavy so i changed to 1K...for maximum compatibility purpose (for mobiles and low-spec computers...)

Quote Originally Posted by macoll View Post
    You are welcome

At early stage of the content creation, i began to work at 2K...well, it was heavy so i changed to 1K...for maximum compatibility purpose (for mobiles and low-spec computers...)
    Hi Macoll, my first thought was that I needed higher definition textures for a crispier close-ups. However, the Diffuse and Normal Texture Maps are very crisp, its the other maps (Specular, AO, others) that I'm looking to Sharpen. If you still have 2k textures hanging around, I would put them to use
    TheGameDevStore.com | TheGameDevStore.VR: MMO + Interactive Asset Store + RPG|FPS Game Layer w/ VR Support.

Champion
    If you still have 2k textures hanging around, I would put them to use
    Arf no... i didn't keep these files, all is 1K (except some 2K textures already in the pack)

Champion
    *****COMPATIBLE VERSION 4.10*****

Hi all!

Thanks to Epic and especially to Reuben for his reactivity, 'SciFi Props Pack' now fully compatible with the new version 4.10 of the engine.

Again, thanks to my buyers

Oliver.

Visionary
    Great to see you got this sorted out Oliver. =)

Great pack love all the design

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiex304 View Post
    Great pack love all the design
    Thanks for kind words !

This pack is really good value deal for the amount of content it offers! I recently made a project with it using pretty much only these assets to make a sci-fi setting which can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZT5v5Qy-_Y

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow901 View Post
    This pack is really good value deal for the amount of content it offers! I recently made a project with it using pretty much only these assets to make a sci-fi setting which can be viewed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZT5v5Qy-_Y
    Thanks for your support ! Muchly appreciated ... and keep up your week game, fun concept

Champion
    *****COMPATIBLE VERSION 4.11*****

Thanks to Epic, 'SciFi Props Pack' now fully compatible with the new version 4.11 of the engine.

Thanks all!

Oliver.
    Last edited by macoll; 04-04-2016 at 10:21 AM.

Champion
    *****COMPATIBLE VERSION 4.12*****

Thanks to Epic, 'SciFi Props Pack' now fully compatible with the new version 4.12 of the engine.

Thanks all!

Oliver.

Hi i want to download u're props but i don't know how. Can u explain me?

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Duttget View Post
    Hi i want to download u're props but i don't know how. Can u explain me?
    Hello! Sry for late reply, just go here --> https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/scifi-props-pack/ and thanks for your support

Champion
    *****COMPATIBLE VERSION 4.14*****

Note: a rebuild is necessary for the lighting

Champion
    -SciFi Props Pack-at 45% OFF = 29.99$ today

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast