Unrealstagram - Possible community project?

I was mucking about with post-processing, camera FOV, then it hit me.
WHAT IF… we do a thread/project/competition for taking ‘Instagram-style’ pictures in Unreal Engine 4.

Thought it would be nice to see, even though I’m sure a lot of people here don’t like the whole ‘hipster-artsy-filtered’ trend.

So here’s my first Unrealstagram:

Links broke / site n ot working

Hmm, seems to work fine for me, anyone else having issues seeing the image? If so I will upload to imgur instead of mktwo.net:slight_smile:

Ok I’ll bite. Here’s the very first thing I did in UE4 when I was playing around with postprocessing.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3804/13356517954_b568b8134f_c.jpg

I don’t know if this qualifies as I don’t use Instagram, but here’s a post process effect I made:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/618044/forums/Screenshot%202014-03-01%2021.14.17.png

@Hum: Nice model!
@: Nice, I remember that from the beta. Half-tone is always fun!

This Unrealstagram thing has me thinking it might be nice to make some sort of Blueprint to facilitate taking pictures in-game, kind of like what GTA V has.
Some features I’m thinking of:
-Interchangeable filters and picture frames
-Zoom (FOV change)
-Manual Focus for Depth of Field
-Output quality selection (using HighResShot console-command)
-Output to user-selected folder (If possible with HighResShot?)

Anyone have something to add to my list of possible features for this ‘Photography Blueprint’?

Playing with all possible combinations (postprocessing . lighting, Fog) :wink:

https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t1.0-9/1978698_671757762884969_533653778_n.jpg

@Jhoe: Wow, that looks a lot like something you’d see in GTA V! Very cool.

In other news: I’m making good progress on my Photography Blueprint, will have a video up somewhere in the next 24 hours.

I have a Photography Blueprint pretty much done, just need to polish and tweak, but the foundation is there.
Most of the frequently used PostProcess Settings can be changed with keyboard input, for example: Exposure is bound to increase/decrease with Numpad Plus and Minus, or Contrast with Z and X.
Other currently bound settings are Grain intensity, Vignette intensity, DOF toggle, Focus distance, Fringe toggle, FOV, Saturation level.

As for taking the actual picture, that’s bound to Left Mouse Button, and Double Resolution Shot to Shift+LMB.

Enough talk, have some test shots: Imgur album
And some comparison shots of changing various settings: Imgur Album #2

Awesome, mktwo!

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Wow, great work!

Thanks Hum!

I’ve decided to get a release up, along with a video explaining the workings and how to use it in a project.
Check out the thread here]([VIDEO + DL] mktwo's Photography Blueprint - Community Content, Tools and Tutorials - Unreal Engine Forums)

i want some of those beach assets :-p Can we not do facebook related apps idea based on…im not entirely happy with facebook right now over the whole Oculus buy out :-p. just saying.

Call me ancient… But I don’t even know what instagram is. I only heard about it.

Do you live in Brazil and really don’t know what Instagram is? Are you serious?

How old are you?