X3DAudio1_7.dll missing

Hello,
I have packaged an Arch Viz project and sent to a client, but he couldn’t open, it gives an X3DAudio1_7.dll missing error.
I know it is probably easy to fix, maybe just download the right audio dll to the system… but I was wondering if there’s a way to fix this in the published project, since this client (and probably every one I will have) is most likely to give up even before trying to install anything extra.

Thank you!
ps: I don’t know if this is the right forum for this topic, but it’s probably a game-breaker for many people who are doing arch viz for real clients…

I think you just need to copy the DLL from your project folder over into the relevant folder you compress and send to your client.

I have the same problem with a couple of plugins on one of my projects - each time I build, I need to manually copy the missing plugins over from my dev folder to my deployment.

When you package the game, make sure you have ‘Include Engine Prerequisites’ checked in the Build Settings. That should fix that, though to be honest it just looks like an issue on their end rather than yours.

on which folder of the packaging project do I have to put the dll?

You shouldn’t have to do that, if the person gets that issue then they don’t have DirectX installed correctly.