Grassy Fields

Hey guys, new poster here. Got a positive response in the indie game dev group on facebook so though I would show my work here!
This assets used in this are a combination of speedtree, Kite Demo and the person who uploaded a great asset pack on here for free here –>
I am in the process of replacing everything seen here with my own stuff from speed tree so I will update when that is done!

Let me know what you think, sorry the images aren’t very high res. If you could help me take some higher resolution screenshots, that would be awesome :slight_smile:

High resolution screenshots

://i.imgur/Q7A7zDT.jpg

://i.imgur/Nj0ytO6.jpg

Looks really cool! I personally would just add a skylight to get rid of the black shadows. :slight_smile:
Also place the trees manually (so without the foilage tool) -> otherwise it will mess up the bark material (or delete the auto scale part in the material)

Hey! Thanks for the response :slight_smile: I already have a skylight in there, should I increase or decrease? Also I was wondering, are there any changes I can make to optimize performance? Just this scene is running my rig into the ground!

I personally would increase it a little bit + disable “cast shadow”. :smiley:
As far as I can see you use the grass from the kit demo -> it’s pretty high poly
What else do you have in your scene + which lights do you use (dynamic or static?,…)

Very nice scene, reminds me of a Battlefield 3 map. You can take high resolution images by using the command “highresshot” followed by a number, such as 2, or 3. Just be sure not to go too high as it can lock up your PC. =)

Ok I’ve done that, I’ll upload the changes tomorrow. Getting pretty late here! Also, I noticed you’re creator of the flowers I’ve used in the scene so thank you for those :smiley:
I have a mix of tree’s from the foliage pack and some I’ve made in speed tree that I’m not too keen on, I suppose I should delete anything that’s not view able in the scene as this is just a portfolio piece.

P.s I’m only using one light source and I have it set to movable

Very nice scene, reminds me of a Battlefield 3 map. You can take high resolution images by using the command “highresshot” followed by a number, such as 2, or 3. Just be sure not to go too high as it can lock up your PC. =)
[/QUOTE]

Ah that’s great, thank you for the the comments! I’ve updated the original post with the higher res screenshots!