Thoughts on my new PC and well it handle UE4?

• Processor: AMD FX 6300 6-CORE BLACK EDITION CPU, 3.50 GHz, Turbo Core up to 4.10 GHz
  • RAM / Memory: Gaming Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR III 1600Mhz System Memory With Low Latency
  • Operating System: Genuine Microsoft Windows 8.1 64Bit
  • Motherboard: Asus AMD 970 AM3+ Chipset Maindboard with 4 x DDR3, Gigabit Lan, Single 16X PCIE
  • Hard Drive: No Hard Disk Drive Included/ I have external hard drive
  • Solid State Drive (SSD): 120GB Solid State Drive (SSD)
  • Graphics Card: 2GB nVidia Geforce GTX960 Graphics Card - DVI / HDMI
  • Optical Drive: Dual Layer DVD Rewriter - Supports Dual Layer (8.5GB)
  • Case/Chassis: Xigmatek MT Black ATX Gaming Tower with USB3.0 Support
  • Power Supply: Widetech 650W Silent PSU, 140mm Cooling Fan, 2 x 6 Pin VGA PCI - Express, 4 x SATA, 5 x 4 Pin IDE
  • Wireless Network Card: Wireless N150 Internal Card - 150MBPS
  • Processor Cooling Fan: CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooling Fan with 4 Direct Contact Heat Pipes

It’s a good one, but i think your GPU will eventually become the first point of weakness, depending on how hard you push the engine in future.

Happy devving! :slight_smile:

EDIT: Don’t forget to upgrade to Windows 10 for free in the summer! :slight_smile:

Cheers bro, yea im not too excited with GPU Either lol. will this run 60 FPS fps tho ?

Oh yes, you should have no problems there. I meant that your rig is a solid choice, but as you push the limits of what Unreal can do on your PC, your GPU will be the first to limit you.

But that shouldn’t be any time soon.

Bah! I only have a gtx 550ti! Guess I’m goint to save up money for a Titan!

:stuck_out_tongue: have fun saving

That depends on what you are trying to run at 60 fps :slight_smile:
This machine will run UE well enough, but I do think that 120gb for C: drive is a bit small. Lots of softwares will refuse to put their temp files anywhere else, and some of these (zbrush for instance) have huge ones. This will be a problem when you have Win 8.1 take 15gb followed by tons of appdata and such. Especially since you plan on having storage on an external drive you’ll be best off installing softwares on the SSD, which will get filled up very quick. I would suggest either pick up a smaller internal HDD and install most softwares there or(even better) pick up a 250gb SSD instead, which would be cheaper and easier than picking up another 120gb or so later on when you’re filled to the brim with **** on your C: drive.

I’m almost there! =p :slight_smile:

would having Dual BenQ RL2455HM 24 inch Monitors be good for UE4 And Modeling?

I do regret just getting the SDD going to go and pick up a 1TB. Going to try and install it myself :smiley: