User Tag List

Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,600 of 1861

Thread: Dungeon Architect

Theme files now show a thumbnail. The thumbnail is captured from the preview viewport when the theme was saved from the theme editor

Added drag-drop support to the theme editor. You can now directly drop your meshes and blueprints on to the theme editor and it would create the appropriate node. There's also a content browser available in the theme editor, if you use a single-monitor setup

So many nice additions. Can't wait for 2.6.

@Ali Akbar - Would it be possible to add a "random angle" factor to the road branching for the town builder? Trying to make some procedural medieval-style towns.
    Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Quote Originally Posted by J.C. Smith View Post
    So many nice additions. Can't wait for 2.6.
    Me too!!! @Ali Akbar Exactly what I need!

2.15 (with 4.15 support) is live on the marketplace. I'll push 2.6 in a few days

Infiltrator
    I bought it on the website.
    When will you update to 2.16?
    I hope the website will be updated soon.

I just want to say thank you for making & supporting such a great plugin!

Hi everybody,

I just bought dungeon architect and am loving playing around with it. But one question has popped up so far, could somebody explain what exactly the spatial constraints option is what what the difference between the 3 options are?

From what I can gather, is seems as though everything can be done with the 3x3 option and there is no need for the others, so i am obviously missing something

Does anybody know of a way to see if, when using the FloorPlanBuilder, if the adjacent cells are walls? So we can place items on the floor that are adjacent to walls, like book shelves and the like?

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Akbar View Post
    Added drag-drop support to the theme editor. You can now directly drop your meshes and blueprints on to the theme editor and it would create the appropriate node. There's also a content browser available in the theme editor, if you use a single-monitor setup

Nice update!

And another question, is it possible to attach DA generated floors/dungeons to already existing assets?

I have a starting room that I want to always be constant and have built it by hand, but want to attach a DA floor or dungeon to the door of the room. Is there way of doing this?

DA got an example of dungeon room override where you could specify a start and end room with a theme override.
    you know your room size. you know its location... All you need to do is create an EMPTY DA start room of the same size and place it in specific location and the rest of the dungeon will be build around it. easy as that

@AngeIV Is it this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KKlBJnCDt8 you are referring too? If so, its not exactly what I need. If it isn't, then I dont understand what you mean. I have a 3*3 room with walls and a door that i built, and i want DA to start building from the door onwards. How do I tell it that there is a door there and it should start building? There is the snap build tool, but i don't have a single room and want the rest to be generated.

Quote Originally Posted by erbmur View Post
    And another question, is it possible to attach DA generated floors/dungeons to already existing assets?

I have a starting room that I want to always be constant and have built it by hand, but want to attach a DA floor or dungeon to the door of the room. Is there way of doing this?
    @erbmur Sure, you can do that with platform volumes.

Here's a quick video

Is it possible to use selector logic to get if the adjacent cell is a specific type of cell when using the FloorPlanBuilder?

I know the GridBuilder selectors have the query node, but the same option doesn't seem appear in the selector blueprint when i create one for the FloorPlanBuilder.

if you go into editor preferences and pick "use small icons" the paint, rectangle and border mode buttons have no icon or label

@Ali

I have made ceilings for my rooms by making another ground mesh with a vertical offset which works fine, except when it decides to place a stairway on one of the walls. At that point the stair and connecting doorway will intersect the celing mesh.
    How do I tell it to not render the ceiling mesh above a stairway please?

Thanks

Infiltrator
    Salam Ali,

Just wanted to report that the content examples only work if they are individually put in the root folder. If you create a parent folder, say "DungeonArchitect", and copy all of the examples in that folder instead, the theme paths are not found and you have to set them manually, which defeats the purpose of the content. It would be nice to have them in a parent folder to keep things better organized. I wouldnt want everything in root.

Other problems with the content:

-M_Glass_Railing_01 is missing an input texture
    -The "WoodenPier" map is empty, materials/textures are missing, and trying to create a dungeon does nothing
    -Player Start is initially too high. Needs to be brought down to human level
    -Runtime Level Builder Map: WASD does not do anything
    -The link to the sci-fi props pack on the documentation is down
    -The "floorPlan" demo is missing a player start actor, so the camera does not move by default on play.
    -Sci-fi hallway theme: Some walls have empty spaces at the bottom (vertically), while others are perfect...

Regards,
    Sajid
    Last edited by Sajid; 03-28-2017 at 10:01 PM.

Is it possible to use selector logic to get if the adjacent cell is a specific type of cell when using the FloorPlanBuilder?

I know the GridBuilder selectors have the query node, but the same option doesn't seem appear in the selector blueprint when i create one for the FloorPlanBuilder.
    @erbmur I'll add floorplan rules in 2.7.0

Quote Originally Posted by BPANDREW View Post
    if you go into editor preferences and pick "use small icons" the paint, rectangle and border mode buttons have no icon or label
    @BPANDREW Thanks for pointing it out. I'll fix it

Quote Originally Posted by dazuk1978 View Post
    @Ali

I have made ceilings for my rooms by making another ground mesh with a vertical offset which works fine, except when it decides to place a stairway on one of the walls. At that point the stair and connecting doorway will intersect the celing mesh.
    How do I tell it to not render the ceiling mesh above a stairway please?

Thanks
    @dazuk1978 This post has details on how to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Sajid View Post
    Salam Ali,

Just wanted to report that the content examples only work if they are individually put in the root folder. If you create a parent folder, say "DungeonArchitect", and copy all of the examples in that folder instead, the theme paths are not found and you have to set them manually, which defeats the purpose of the content. It would be nice to have them in a parent folder to keep things better organized. I wouldnt want everything in root.

Other problems with the content:

-M_Glass_Railing_01 is missing an input texture
    -The "WoodenPier" map is empty, materials/textures are missing, and trying to create a dungeon does nothing
    -Player Start is initially too high. Needs to be brought down to human level
    -Runtime Level Builder Map: WASD does not do anything
    -The link to the sci-fi props pack on the documentation is down
    -The "floorPlan" demo is missing a player start actor, so the camera does not move by default on play.
    -Sci-fi hallway theme: Some walls have empty spaces at the bottom (vertically), while others are perfect...

Regards,
    Sajid
    Hey Sajid, Thank you for taking the time to report the issues. I'll fix them in the coming updates

As for the content folder structure, I prefer placing it in root as it is easier to convey the message of directly copying it to the content without any confusion of an additional step of creating a sub folder (if individual folders are to be copied).

You can always move them to a subfolder if you like, but you should let Unreal Editor do it for you (instead of directly copying it your subfolder). So place them all in the content's root folder. Then come back to UnrealEd, and move them to your subfolder from the content browser so it can create proper redirectors and not break anything

Thanks for the help Ali.
    I can't find mention of this anywhere, but does the Dungeon entity randomise the seed every time I start a new game? If not, how do I make it do so?
    When I used this when you first released it, there was a 'runtime' version of the entity and a static one. This doesn't seem to be the case now and I'm not sure how to make it a different layout every time I play.

It's come a long way since then in lots of ways, so great job mate.

P.S - did you ever get anywhere with the Cave generator and terrain generator etc?

Thx

@erbmur Sure, you can do that with platform volumes.

Here's a quick video

This doesn't work with height variation, right?

The marker replace volumes can be tricky too.

I want generate dungeon on server and replicate result of this to client. I found only one way: Make Actors out of StaticMeshes and replicate them. Maybe i miss somethings?
    Last edited by CyberKatana; 03-31-2017 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberKatana View Post
    I want generate dungeon on server and replicate result of this to client. I found only one way: Make Actors out of StaticMeshes and replicate them. Maybe i miss somethings?
    I've done like below:

Identify who is the player 1 (generally, the host) and player 2.
    You make player 1 build the dungeon and then share the dungeon seed with replication or API call (in case you are using a Cloud Service like us) to another player.
    Then, he will build the dungeon himself.

In this way, both players will play in the same dungeon.

Another way of doing this, if you can use cloud code, is to make server generate the seed for both players and send it via message to them.

I seem to be crashing if I try and generate my dungeons at play time in my android game - hard crash, kicks me out of the app, I will get you logs soon

also I dont seem to be able to cook my game with arm64-v8a support - I get a file not found in your components directory

2.15 (with 4.15 support) is live on the marketplace. I'll push 2.6 in a few days
    Just wanted to check up on 2.6. I'm assuming it hasn't come out yet, but I recall once in the past when the update didn't go up on the coderespawn site and only in the marketplace so just checking.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom-HELLy View Post
    Identify who is the player 1 (generally, the host) and player 2.
    You make player 1 build the dungeon and then share the dungeon seed with replication or API call (in case you are using a Cloud Service like us) to another player.
    Then, he will build the dungeon himself.

In this way, both players will play in the same dungeon.

Another way of doing this, if you can use cloud code, is to make server generate the seed for both players and send it via message to them.
    Objects which must be replicated you do not spawn at client?

Ali I have terrible problem with selector logic and corner detection. Seems "isPillarOnCorner" is not working properly as it detects only sharp angle corners. I could use spartial constrait for floor to pick up all corners and place walls of certain type there, but I would have to use the flood tiles for that not the wall/pillar tiles - and that still puts me in a position where I must remove corner pillars. somehow.
    Maybe I'm doing the corner detection wrong? Could You help me out a bit here mate?

Quote Originally Posted by AngeIV View Post
    Ali I have terrible problem with selector logic and corner detection. Seems "isPillarOnCorner" is not working properly as it detects only sharp angle corners. I could use spartial constrait for floor to pick up all corners and place walls of certain type there, but I would have to use the flood tiles for that not the wall/pillar tiles - and that still puts me in a position where I must remove corner pillars. somehow.
    Maybe I'm doing the corner detection wrong? Could You help me out a bit here mate?
    how do you implement "isPillarOnCorner" I'd like that myself, also a way not to overlap a fence pillar with a wall pillar if it exists

How in Isaac template remove second door between rooms?

In case you aren't aware the coderespawn site has been down for a few hours. Maybe a web server related issue.

@J.C. Smith The site is up now

I'm working on the documentation for all the new stuff added since 2.0.0 and have a new build (2.6.0) in one or two days

P.S.: I'll address the other issues tomorrow when I get to work

Updated the User guide for 2.6

Added documentation for the following:

• Query Interface: Grid
    • Spatial Constraints
    • Event Listeners
    • Landscape Transformer
    • Cluster Theming
    • Spawn Logic
    • Custom Grid Builder
    • Snap Builder Docs
    • City Builder Docs
    • Destructible Mesh Node
    • Actor Node Customization

Quote Originally Posted by n00854180t View Post
    @Ali Akbar - Would it be possible to add a "random angle" factor to the road branching for the town builder? Trying to make some procedural medieval-style towns.
    @n00854180t it would break the grid layout, since it works on modular assets. Are you using assets for your road tiles or is this placed on a landscape?

I just want to say thank you for making & supporting such a great plugin!
    Thank you for using DA

I seem to be crashing if I try and generate my dungeons at play time in my android game - hard crash, kicks me out of the app, I will get you logs soon

also I dont seem to be able to cook my game with arm64-v8a support - I get a file not found in your components directory
    I'll test on Android and let you know

Quote Originally Posted by simpple View Post
    I bought it on the website.
    When will you update to 2.16?
    I hope the website will be updated soon.
    I'll update in my website probably by tomorrow. I have some merging to do with the earlier branches (4.12 - 4.14) and update the quick start samples

Hi everybody,

I just bought dungeon architect and am loving playing around with it. But one question has popped up so far, could somebody explain what exactly the spatial constraints option is what what the difference between the 3 options are?

From what I can gather, is seems as though everything can be done with the 3x3 option and there is no need for the others, so i am obviously missing something
    @erbmur You'd use 2x2 constraint if you use it on a pillar marker (since it is surrounded by 4 tiles). You'd use an edge constraint if you use it on a Wall / Fence marker, since it has two adjacent tiles

I've also update the user guide with spatial constraints

Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast