User Tag List

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeon Architect

Infiltrator
    Gonna be first day buyer!) i thought on same architecture, if random seed is an option,then it's definetely possible(at least with some magic )

This is an insta buy for me. Get it into our hand Ali!!!

Tommy

@rozenbor @TommyBear Thanks for your support!

Bought the awesome SciFi Props Pack and created a new indoor theme.

Checkout the video where the entire level was built procedurally with a single click (and some manual modifications made to it later on)

Luminary
    Definitely a first day buy for me too. Good job and looking forward to its release.
    Quinton Delpeche
    Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

@qdelpeche Thanks!

Added a new feature to apply rule based transformation on the props. These rules are defined in blueprints, which we all are familiar with

Here is an example where I want alternate meshes to be rotated by 180 degrees so they look like connected tubes

You do this by selecting the node and defining a new blueprint in the Transform Logic section (plus icon)

Define you logic by overriding the Get Node Offset function

Samaritan
    This is AMAZING.

Insta-Buy.

Keep up the good work Ali.

Samaritan
    I plan to purchase this and that awesome sci fi pack. Nice stuff

@Ali, any guesses about when this will be available? Price?
    Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Luminary
    @Ali: It just gets better and better ... this is really an awesome plugin. I have two projects that have been sidelined because of lack of a level design, this plugin is going to enable me to get the POC for these projects out.

Thank you and I am eagerly looking forward to your release. Keep up the awesome work. 8-}
    Quinton Delpeche
    Founder - Gobbo Games | Designer - The Colony 2174 (Board Game) | Developer - Riders of Asgard

Infiltrator
    Thank you Ali! Definitely buying this as soon as you put it up

I might not use this, but I will still buy it just to look at the source code. Well done Ali!

@Ali,

Does the generated geometry/mesh work with Navmesh? I do not see a video with AI controlled pawns in it, that is why I ask.
    Last edited by mindfane; 06-23-2015 at 10:51 PM.
    I expected challenges - but I never thought they'd be so bad, so long, and so frequent.

Thanks everyone!

@n00854180t I'll submit by tomorrow to Epic.

@mindfane Good question. It works well with dynamic navmesh generation.

Heres a video where the level is built at runtime and bots are spawned randomly on valid positions on the map

A new level is generated when I play the second time in the video

You need to set a engine parameter to notify dynamic nav mesh rebuild, if you are generating the level in runtime, like in the video above

Navigate to Edit > Project Settings > Navigation Mesh > Runtime > Runtime Generation > Dynamic

I'll update the docs with this info

Would it be possible to layout a circular design? By this I mean if I have a space station that is circular would I be able to create passages around the edge and then a smaller circle and so on. Or would I need to create a grid system? Thanks

@demonseedgfx It works on a grid based system for now

Ok I can make that work for now. Thanks for the quick response.

Got it working in mac. The Xcode clang compiler is less forgiving than visual studio. Resolved all warnings and errors

Luminary
    That is awesome!

Even though I do not use a Mac.

Super Awesome for me! (mac user) can't wait!, we are really looking forward to this, got a game in progress that is going to benefit a lot from it.

Samaritan
    Man I am so excited for this, gonna accelerate my project for sure!

Another example of a procedural level with bots, powerups and spawn points scattered around the map

Fixed a lighting bug on runtime generated levels where the lights were not picking up the user defined attributes. Turns out, I had to call ReregisterAllComponents() on the light actor after updating the LightComponent attributes at runtime

Luminary
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Akbar View Post
    Promo Video for Dungeon Architect

Very Nice promo video!

Any word on price?

As HeadClot said, I am very interested in a price point for your plugin.

@rozenbor In multiplayer, the server decides and replicates the dungeon configuration structure (seed etc) to all the clients so the clients also generate the exact same layout. I haven't tested this yet but it should be possible. I'll be submitting soon
    That is great! I am interested in automatic generation of dungeons for an ORPG game, and this seems like it could be the perfect solution.

Submitted to Epic for initial review

@HeadClot @DatapawWolf It will be sold for $99

Luminary
    Submitted to Epic for initial review

@HeadClot @DatapawWolf It will be sold for $99
    Woohoooo ... and definitely one of those rare ones that is well worth the $99. Good job and I can see a lot of effort went in to this one. 8-}
    Quinton Delpeche

Thanks for the heads up! $99 is a nice price point for something like this.

Wondering: do you have any plans for a demo game of sorts to show off the plugin?

Luminary
    I cannot wait to get my hands on this

Infiltrator
    Does it use delunay generation or other algorithm?

@rozenbor Yes, it uses delaunay triangulation. The layout generation algorithm is based on this explanation by the TinyKeep game's author. I've added height variation and other stuff on top of it
    The 2D layouts you see in the promo videos is from a C# prototype I created before starting this plugin

Creating a test game with the awesome Modular Wooden Prop Pack

All of that created with this simple theme file

Luminary
    Creating a test game with the awesome Modular Wooden Prop Pack
    Wow man ... that is pretty impressive. I actually can't wait anymore to get my hands on this puppy. Good job. 8-}
    Quinton Delpeche

Samaritan
    This is just too good, I can't wait to get this into my projects, going to make level design much faster.

well seems like it's gonna be for next week's realease, right?
    Last edited by mighty jol; 07-03-2015 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mighty jol View Post
    well seems like it's gonna be for next wee's realease, right?
    Don't think so

They said they are interested and asked for more info about the plugin but haven't taken the code yet for review. Looks like they are still finalizing the code plugin part of the marketplace

Don't think so

They said they are interested and asked for more info about the plugin but haven't taken the code yet for review. Looks like they are still finalizing the code plugin part of the marketplace
    Anyhow , they might take over a month even without the trello , my first pack was selected and finalized on June 18th , I signed the form on June 19th , and it is still not there.
    Last edited by sameek4; 07-02-2015 at 02:32 PM.

Any updates on this?

just amazing. I will buy this on the day it comes out. incredible work!

I am impressed with the ability to use pre generated rooms as seen here, but was wondering to what extent,
    Would i be able to make say 8 rooms not connected in a map, and then have the system generate everything in between them?

Or have a room as a blueprint (using the volume in the video) and have it be placed into the level at runtime?
    Last edited by Staggerlee; 07-20-2015 at 10:04 PM.

Samaritan
    This looks absolutely amazing!
    Procedural and sensible map generation is something I have been working on a little bit, and unreal engine has proven how powerful a beast it really is.
    So when I saw this project, my jaw dropped, because this really is some top quality work, and well worth the $99....if not more!

Once again, well done, looks amazing, and I cannot wait to see what you will come up with next

Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast