User Tag List

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeon Architect

Post Dungeon Architect

Dungeon Architect is a plugin that extends the UE4 Editor to help streamline the level creation process.

Features:
    • Build vast levels procedurally with a single click with various tweakable parameter, either at design time or at runtime.
    • Manually design the layout of your levels for more artistic control with custom editor tools (Paint Brush Tool, Volumes etc) , and have the plugin automatically build the environment around it
    • Define the look and feel of your level using a powerful Graph based Theme Editor. This lets you instruct the plugin on the meshes and actors to populate around the level as it is being built (around walls, floor, doors, stairs etc)
    • Theme files are saved as separate data asset so they can be reused between projects or can be swapped with other theme files to completely change the look
    • Supports multiple themes on the same map. For e.g. Wood based architecture in one area, stone based in a nearby area. Override the theme on any part of your level using a custom volume actor
    • Supports height variations on the level to make them more interesting!
    • Full C++ source code access

Purchase from Marketplace
    (Also available directly from my website. However I suggest getting it from them marketplace so you can install it from the launcher)

Here are a few examples of what you can create with Dungeon Architect. These levels are generated procedurally, either at design time or runtime

Deathmatch Demo: This demo uses Dungeon Architect to create random procedural levels when the game starts. You get a different level every time you play. It also showcases multiplayer support, where the server propagates the dungeon "seed" number to all the clients so they all build the exact same dungeon

Frost Forge Demo: The entire level was created with a single click. The demo is available in the quick start guide

Floorplan Demo: DA adapts to various layout strategies. The floorplan builder lets you create building interiors. There is also a lift blueprint in the demo

Check the Quick Start guide for more samples to get you started

Documentation

Quick Start Guide

User Guide

Video Tutorials

Roadmap

Support

Issue Tracker | Website | Community Spotlight
    Last edited by Ali Akbar; 12-29-2016 at 03:34 AM.

Champion
    Wow!! Amazeballs!!! Will this be released at all? I'd love to get hold of this...

Looks promising, would love to see more!

Very cool! Interested in seeing how you can author this when playing with the controls, if you have a feeling of control or complete randomness.
    Game Developer @ LODZERO - My Twitter | tomlooman.com UE4 samples & tutorials | C++ Survival Game (Open-source template)

Luminary
    I am interested in this

Oh wow, this looks amazing. I hope I can throw money at this.

Thanks guys

This is looking awesome!

Do you have any plans to extend this to a blended authored / procedural workflow? I'm thinking about how you would integrate this with hero pieces from an artist. So if an environment artist builds a custom room and then wants to integrate it with a section of procedurally generated content from this plugin, can they do that easily?

Awesome work Ali Akbar. I would be interested in runtime Dungeon Architect'ing with both proc gen and manual editing. On top of that I would like build Dungeons with friends (multiplayer) and save/load our dungeon creations to SaveGame Slots. The Theme system sounds really cool. Is the system adaptable to other Modular Architect sets such as Luos'Modular Cave System, SE_JonF's Sci-Fi Halls? If so, you may very well have the most powerful Dungeon Creation system available.
    TheGameDevStore.com | TheGameDevStore.VR: MMO + Interactive Asset Store + RPG|FPS Game Layer w/ VR Support.

That's awesome!!!

Unreal Engine Developer
    This looks very cool!

How complex/rich are the rules? Is it a nested graph, with rules inside of the root nodes like "Wall" and "Ground" in the first picture?

Cheers,
    Michael Noland

BrianMay, TechLord, D-Memory, Thanks!

Micheal Nolad, Thanks! The editor wouldn't have been possible without your awesome training video Extending the Editor. I found it very useful.
    Yes, it's a nested graph with some root nodes called markers, which are just 3d points in space, that the algorithm lays down all over the map when building the dungeon layout (walls, ground, doors, stairs etc).
    Then this graph is used to decide how the meshes are attached to these marker points in 3d space. Users can define their own markers and emit them out of meshes

In the example above, the Wall marker has three variations of wall meshes. One of these meshes has a window. So I've created a custom "Window" marker and attached curtains to it and added a "Window Marker Emitter" purple node out of that mesh. So, if that type of mesh is placed in the scene, it would also place a window marker along with it, which would then run the logic defined in Window
    You can have a graph of arbitrary depth, as long as there are no cycles
    Last edited by Ali Akbar; 04-23-2015 at 02:40 AM.

Hi there ,

Very cool & amazing plugin , more Wall , ground object can be added ?
    In your graph , can you add more node with control (Example : New node for torchlighs) or it's need more work ?

Thank

Hehe! See how important the tutorials are Epic! There's no effort going in vain! Guess it's a little like the butterfly effect
    Last edited by sarfios; 04-23-2015 at 12:40 PM.

Unreal Engine Developer
    Hot ****! That's Awesome!
    Ian Shadden
    Technical Writer | Documentation

This is awesome. Any other features you plan to add?

i'm really interested to get this plugin, it's possible to remplace all the meshes and texture with my custom ones ?

Samaritan
    Oh man that's awesome-sauce.

Love this! Looking forward to seeing more.

This is great ! Cant wait to see how it works out

wow!!! Really awesome!
    Hugo HRuivo Ruivo
    Game Programmer | Abyssal

nice Ali Akbar
    any many thanks for sharing

Promoter
    thanks man

Wow!!

Awesome work
    I expected challenges - but I never thought they'd be so bad, so long, and so frequent.

This looks great! Really keen to see the video!

Thanks everyone!

New video uploaded

Tom Looman, I've added the ability to manually modify the dungeon within the editor. This gives the artists a lot of control (In the above video at 29:10)

allaze-eroler, yes you can replace all the meshes with your own by defining a theme data asset. I've uploaded a new video that shows this

WolfSpinach, uploaded a new video

Hey Ali, this looks really cool! Nice work, and I can't wait to see more progress!
    David Hache aka Mortusnyte - Youtube
    Content Creator
    -Match-3 Blueprint
    -Simple Checkpoint System
    -2D Character Engine - WIP

"Give me your best shot... If you're prepared for the void!" -Magus, 600 A.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortusnyte View Post
    Hey Ali, this looks really cool! Nice work, and I can't wait to see more progress!
    Thanks Mortusnyte!

I'm already wondering when I can throw money at Ali's face
    If it will be free, it's even better, but if you decide to make it paid, I am willing to do it without hesitation. I needed a random dungeon generator in my game and this would be perfect!

SethPDA, Thanks for your support!

Bought the Top-Down Sci-Fi pack from ManufacturaK4 and created a new theme. Updated with new screenshots. The level was generated procedurally with a single click

The above level was created after defining the the following theme:
    Last edited by Ali Akbar; 06-26-2015 at 09:53 AM.

Added light nodes to the theme graph editor. Point lights and spot lights can be procedurally generated along with the level

Added support for placing actors procedurally on the map. The following gif shows an interactive door blueprint. Also added support for particle system nodes

ohh that is a very good new then! i'm looking forward to get that plugin soon !

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Noland View Post
    This looks very cool!

How complex/rich are the rules? Is it a nested graph, with rules inside of the root nodes like "Wall" and "Ground" in the first picture?

Cheers,
    Michael Noland
    I've added support for blueprint based rules for mesh selection. So mesh selection is not just based on some random probability anymore. I'll post a vid tomorrow

This lets you create interesting patterns on the floors, walls etc. Also lets you query the surroundings before placing a mesh
    Last edited by Ali Akbar; 04-29-2015 at 05:45 PM.

Thanks for your interest guys!

Quote Originally Posted by SaviorNT View Post
    Is this only for top-down or does it work in FPP / TPP perspective modes as well (ie: ceilings)
    It works well with FPS and can have ceilings. I've bought the modular corridor pack and will upload a video tomorrow

Nice Work! Ali Akbar - great stuff!

Thanks ayretek!

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast