Sound on/off Option in game options screen.

I have asked this before and I will ask it again. I am trying to create a check box that will allow me to turn sound on and off within 4.7.5. I am getting no where with it and it is starting to get annoying. Please someone up here has to know how to do this. or at least point me in the right direction.

So you want to turn off the entire sound or just a special one? :slight_smile:

You know when you play a game and it has the option to turn off the game sounds or turn them on… Thats what I want.

There is surely a console command for this, but unfortunately I dont know him :frowning:
Search through the console command list, probably you can find one: https://answers.unrealengine/questions/17041/ue4-console-commands-list.html

I went through the console commands and Found nothing for the sound. There is an audio command but I can’t get it to work at all.

soundactor_audiocomponent.jpg

Add an event trigger that that sets the audio volume to 0. Before that though, you may want to create a variable that gets the previous volume level, so that when you unmute the audio, it will go back to the original volume.

Will that work from the title menu though? I want to shut off ALL audio not just certain nodes.

Hello DragonMaster,

I was looking over your post and I thought that this would make a good feature request. I have written up a report (UE-14189) and I have submitted it to the developers for further consideration. Thank you for your time and information.