Guidance with running lanes.

Hey,

I’m new to using UE4 + Blueprints and was wondering how I would go about having lanes for my runner. so something similar to temple run but their are three lanes and you can vary between them as you are running?

I had in mind that maybe i would have to make the tiles have guidance lanes that the player is linked to then when it connects to the next tile it would link to that lane if he was in the middle one for example? (maybe i’m wrong?)

Help on a way around this would be appreciated.

Also i had in mind that the path the player is running on swerves and has curves, so just making it that tapping “A” or “D” to shift over a couple spaces doesn’t work as he ends up crashing into a wall.

Thanks for reading

I think AnswerHub would be the best place for a complete answer, but here is a pointer.

On Input of A or D, you need to do something like Set Player Location (X, Y or Z) to Get Player Location (X, Y or Z) plus or minus the width of the running lane. (e.g. 200?).

I have already mention that wouldn’t work!

The course curves. so setting his postion -200 or +200 when it curves he is still running forward but hits the wall.

But at least i FINALLY got a reply! i’ll try else where! Great help!

Do a search on platformer following splines.

Should be what u are looking for

Sorry. Utter brainfart on my part.:confused: