iOS blue screen + restart during level load

Since upgrading to 4.7 I have been having random crashes (blue screen + phone restarts) on level load. It is not consistent and only happens every so often making it hard to pin down what’s causing it.

Unfortunately I have only really just started playing around with level loading and save games, so add into the mix 4.7’s new content deployment method for iOS I’m not sure where to start.

Making this thread as opposed to creating bug report to see if anyone else has this problem. I can create a post on the AnswerHub if that would be better.

iOS 8 (latest update)
iPhone 5S
UE 4.7.3

Hi !

Interestingly enough, I think I might know exactly the crash of which you speak, and if it is the same, we have been able to reproduce it internally. Does your project involve a sublevel with a landscape? Feel free to PM if you don’t want to discuss your project on a public forum.

Hello and thanks for the reply, no landscapes or sublevels unfortunately - all of my landscapes are low poly imports from Blender.

Actually,I have a level with a sub-level attached,and i encounter this issue on my ipad air once…

Well shoot, I was hoping that was your problem, then it would be an easy fix. Yes, if you don’t mind please go ahead and make an AnswerHub thread for your crash. I’ll include the info for reporting on Answerhub here for you, just in case :smiley: Don’t forget logs please.

Hi , have you seen your crash recently? If it’s something you’ve seen since the 4.7 release, the good news is it (and a second issue also related to loading of sublevels) are slated to be fixed in the 4.7.4 update which should be this week or next week.

Good luck all!

Since posting that I’ve not had any crashes - I am on 4.7.4 now.

If I do see it again I will post on the AnswerHub, all good at at the moment though.

Yay! Thanks for letting us know; there were many crash fixes in that update and I’m glad we caught yours.

Some blue screen are caused by iOS system problem. Here is how to fix iPhone blue screen.