Realistic Blueprint Weapons update package

May Update Package

I have finalised the attachment system and I have made a video demonstrating it in action.
This update will soon be available in the marketplace for download. I hope you enjoy:

More features, fewer bugs.

The support thread:
Support thread

Once again I have updated the package.

It now includes 3 weapon models. A sniper rifle, an assault rifle and a shotgun.

Also, there is an option to “shoot to location”. It is configured in the weapon. When this is enabled, you don’t shoot straight out from the gun, but to a designated point in the game world. This allows for better aiming, particularly in 3rd person perspective.

Right now the assault rifle is set up to shoot for the middle of the screen.

Try it out, it is cool!

As a fair warning to potential buyers I want to inform you that the price of the package will go up in the near future.

I have a major update package coming that will include attachments and penetration and a few other goodies.

I feel that the value of the package has been good all the time. The new features I feel justify an increase in price.

The updates should be within the next couple of days. I will submit the new features and a request for a change in price on friday, so expect the price to change shortly after that.

Hi ,

What is the new price going to be? I’m keen on your system but financial constraints has been an issue. If it’s significantly more I’ll either have to bite the bullet now or miss out altogether :frowning:

If it’s jumping up to around $50 though then that’s fine!

Thanks,

Korus.

and for us that allready buyed we will have to repurchase or add more money ?

I am thinking 59.99 as the new price.

In the short term I have attachments and penetration coming(should go live monday at the latest). In the medium term I have zeroing coming. I’m still looking for more features to add.

Longer term I have something planned for weapon degradation with use as well.

The new price will reflect the value as I see it at that given time. When I released I believe it was a bit overpriced for what it could do, there were a few too many bugs etc. But now the system is more robust, a lot of features has been added plus some models. So right now the value is very good in my eyes. Even if I stopped developing now, it would be good value to buy it now at 29.99$ .

Once I bring the next update online I sincerely believe you still get good value even though it costs twice as much. The system I have in place for attachments is pretty awesome, much control and customization, wow.

If you buy now at 29.99 you get all future updates for free. So jump on the train while the tickets are cheap. I price the asset for what it can do now… Not what it can do down the road.

Can’t wait for the updates, really looking forward to those !

Greetings,

Thanks a lot for the reply . I’m going to see if I can squeeze the money out from somewhere to buy it tomorrow before the price increase!

If not I’ll just have to buy it another time… Either way I think you have a customer.

Thanks,

Korus.

Really looking forward to the next update, good job! I saw on Youtube that you’re planning on adding Zeroing, which I think is a very important feature. Can you estimate when that might be ?

I can squeeze in a single zeroing value in the coming update. So you can zero your weapon to shoot to a certain distance. Dynamic zeroing with settings for 50-100-200-300 meters etc I don’t have time to put in yet.

Great! Looking forward to it. Really interested in seeing how you end up setting up the dynamic one as well.

Yeah, me too :smiley:

It’s not going to be easy if I also have to keep it simple for you guys.

Yeah I’m really unsure how it would have to be . Especially since weapons handle zeroing differently. Some iron rights move the rear sight horizontally along a sloped rail, while some move vertically. I guess scopes would be the easiest to make. :slight_smile: The best part of your blueprint setup is that it’s so versatile, saved us a lot of time by not having to figure out realistic ballistics ourselves.

Same here, 's work saved me a lot of trouble working out these things for myself. I still try to figure out if it’s possible to make the bullets follow a certain pattern like in CS for example, but I will wait until integrated most announced features, so I won’t run into merging issues ^^

Fixed recoil patterns? It falls outside the realm of “realistic” so that won’t come.

I will however do something so you can implement it yourself.
I’ll make a recoil event you can have your character hook into. Then when the character receives the event, you can handle the recoil in a way that fits your game.

I won’t move scopes around.
I’ll simply have the weapon shoot up a tiny bit to compensate for the bulletdrop. You will have to specify how much it should shoot up.

I don’t expect you to implement it, I know that fixed patterns have nothing to do with realism, that’s why I said that I’m going to implement them myself ^^ But it’s nice to hear that you’ll include something to make that easier, that already deserves a big thank you!

Also, I think you quoted the wrong person in the second answer :slight_smile: I think you meant Sitrec

Greetings,

I don’t quote the wrong person… no clue what you’re talking about.

Anyway, I’ll make the update and you should be able to make your recoil without fear of merging in the future, it will be disconnected from the normal recoil.

Hmm, maybe my Chrome is broken again :S
But anyways, thank you again. Can’t wait for the update ^^

I was kidding man :smiley:
I just fixed it