Age of Reconstruction (A dynamic FPSRPG)

An MMORPG FPS RTS (of sorts) that I’ve had in the works for over a year now. Progress has been slow as I’ve been the only one working on it and am now getting close to prototype.

Setting: a fallen United Europe (majority of Europe brought together out of necessity, destroyed for the third time by the rest of the world)

You can explore the lands and uncover useful items and inventions from before “The Old War”, build your own weapons, customize and rig vehicles, survive the elements, gain followers and make your name known; or take more laid back, less dangerous tasks: Build a town, conduct trade and jolly cooperation with your trusted neighbors, protect it and your trade partners from bandits, warring factions, and the old wandering robotic police (hostile to everyone, nobody’s been a registered citizen for 20 years!)
Creep your way through the abandoned, shattered cities of a fallen superpower. Hide from bandits, macho faction soldiers, possessed psychos, and those pesky robots again. Or join one of the many macho factions in the world and help rebuild.

I plan to feature immense environments using dynamically textured landscapes, as well as cities and towns you can explore, revisit, and perhaps try to conquer if you’re feeling tyrannical and perhaps a little crazy. Town hall is right there, after all. Each zone will represent different parts of different nations across the European Continent.

Most weapons will be customizeable: new stocks, new barrels, bigger or smaller calibers, faster or slower receivers, take your pick if you can find them
Armor and clothing fit much the same idea: find some old metal scraps, make a chest plate, or a full set.
And believe it or not, vehicles follow the same philosophy: Slap a bigger engine on that tank, watch it roll off at unnatural speeds until the tracks give out. Find a mech, fix it up, change out that sissy .50 cal for a 50mm automatic cannon, proceed to hunt those jerks who took your wallet, shot you in the gut and thought you dead

Civilian NPCs will settle in random towns and do their darnest to try to keep it safe and tidy, while hostile NPCs may try to take it away. They’ll march in, knock down some walls and leave it for the next settlers to come along and fix everything up again. The cycle never ends, and neither will the game.

In truth my goal for this project is to be able to one day release it and watch it grow on its own, I’m not content to wait for AAA to make it for me. And even if they do, it probably wont have what I want.

Currently, I’m finally working on getting a team together. After about a year and inconsistent results (me getting distracted by “But wait, what about this part??” and “I think I could make that a bit better”) I’ve decided that it’s a little too much for me alone to create this.

-If you have any questions I might not have answered above or perhaps are looking to get in on the project, feel free to message me or go to the recruitment page https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?64551-ROYALTY-Project-Age-of-Reconstruction-(a-dynamic-FPS-RPG) for more details.