Making a game playable on PC (Few questions)

Hi guys!

first I want to say I’m beyond grateful for what Epic did making their engine FREE, I never thought such thing would be possible, it’s a dream coming true.
So I’m a fast learner and I’m now in a pretty good place.
Just wanted to ask few questions I hope you got the answers for them.

I finished designing my first level it’s playable in editor and when I chose launch of course but here’s what I didn’t learn yet:

• Games need to have main menu right ? how can I make a menu for the game and menu for when a player Pause ?
  • Games should have (Loading) before playing and maybe during, when it comes to game developing what’s the (Loading) for and how can I apply it ?
  • I want to release my first level as a Demo for curiosity to see if it’s playable, how can I export the game to be playable at any PC ?
  • Should the game have specs for different PC’s, and how can I export it to support different resolutions and frame rates ?

and one more extra question just to know

Can I develop my current game on PS4 and XONE straight out of the Engine and my PC or do I need some sort of equipment from Sony and Microsoft (I read the stuff here but I feel it’s irrelevant to my question, maybe?)
and thank you guys! you’re going to see me a lot :smiley:

PS(Blueprint is complicated but it’s heaven compared to C++ which I know zero about :smiley: )

Welcome to Unreal Engine 4 and Video-Game development!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxH_pA8cM5Q - UMG is a great option!

Alternative links: A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums

You can either use the video I already posted, or check out THIS: (In which I cover loading quite smartly via Level Streaming) CLICK ME

Alternative links: A new, community-hosted Unreal Engine Wiki - Announcements - Epic Developer Community Forums

Check THIS out: Packaging Unreal Engine Projects | Unreal Engine 5.3 Documentation

You’ll need to look at THIS: Scalability in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.3 Documentation

Reference: Scalability Reference for Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.3 Documentation

I believe you’ll need a devkit and a special version of the Engine from Epic Games!

Nope! It’s super simple once you figure out how! I’ve got plenty of free books on my site to give you a boost: http://www.kitatus.co.uk

Alternative link (To Epic’s Youtube video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMsFxzYzFJ8&list=PLZlv_N0_O1gaCL2XjKluO7N2Pmmw9pvhE

Hope this helps! :>

This is very very helpful!
thank you so much for giving time and answering my questions!
I’ll make sure to check your books too, thank you again!

Not a problem; Remember to always check the Unreal Engine Documentation; It searches every forum post, AnswerHub question, Documentation and everything in between to find something similar to your query! It’s such an invaluable learning place!

downloaded your book from here NEW BOOK - [Blueprints] - Master the Art of Unreal Engine 4 #2 - UMG + More! - Programming & Scripting - Epic Developer Community Forums!
does Unreal Motion Graphics still need to be activated ?

Not anymore; The book is a little out-dated but you can find fixes and whatnot either via the documentation or over on my site (Under the “Forums” tab). I recommend using the newer book (3D Point and Click) as it updates the older information and whatnot.