Im completly lost :)

Hello!
I have been trying to programm games for more than 6 years now and i was always self taught. I have been developing a game in unity but i never really liked how that engine performs and looks with finnished games. So i decided to move to unreal engine as it became free. I started to work trough official tutorials and found them ok untill i came to the programming part, i liked the blueprint but it just isnt what i wanted so i started to work with the c++ tutorial and first of all everything was different than in videos as they are completly outdated… i try to find anny good toutorials but i couldnt understand them moore than 40 - 50 % there are so manny things in there you have to vrite evry single thing and i couldnt even comprehend half of them. i felt like i havent written a single piece of code my entire life.

so i would like to ask you if there are anny good programming tutorials that explain all the macros and complete basics as i am unable to find annything good online… there are either blueprint tutorials or outdated programming tutorials that explains nothing about the code they give you.

thank you!

Welcome to UE4!

Hey Compufreek,

Firstly, let me welcome you to the Unreal Community :slight_smile:

I am sure that once you discover how malleable the Engine can be when it comes to designing, you will really grow to appreciate how code can be combined with blueprints to achieve your vision. That being said, since we are constantly updating and improving upon the Engine some of the tutorials might have changed a bit. We are always looking for ways to give users an efficient way to sharpen their skills and education themselves in the areas of the Engine they wish to explore. We have people dedicated to maintaining the Documentation, the Wiki, and the Tutorials for our content. Since there is so much to track we might not always get to update the information relative to the most recent release, but try hard to let users know of the changes that have taken place.

I feel the best way to advance you further would be to re-direct you to our Documentation page for Programming. Here you can learn the structure, format, and proper workflow when writing code with UE4!

Programming Guide
https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Programming/index.html

Hopefully this can get you moving in the direction you are looking for, but if you have any other questions or come across a point in which you need help please do not hesitate to post a question on our AnswerHub.

Unreal Engine 4 AnswerHub
https://answers.unrealengine.com/index.html

Hello!
Thank you for welcomming me and for a fast reply. I will sit down and go trough the link you have given me. Hopefully i will comprehend the workflow and start porting my project after that.

Cheers!

Hi Compufreek, im new too and this video series helped me a lot… - YouTube

Cheers