Creating or Downloading Vector Fields

Hello! I do not have Maya but would like to use Vector Fields for particle in Cascade. Is there somewhere I can download vector fields, or an alternate way I can create them? Are there vector fields available on the market place?

Additionally, if I were to download vector fields, would they likely be a pay-once-to-use deal, or would I owe a royalty if I used them in a game?

Thanks for reading.

I’ve seen these two on the marketplace:

50+ Vector Particles by W3 Studios : link

&

Vector Field Magic by CCCPRobot : link

Marketplace business terms faq : link

*[SUP]1[/SUP] You need Maya full version (not LT) to create them BUT I’ve just quickly google’d to see if there are alternate methods and found for Max users (can’t confirm since I don’t use either Maya or Max) : link
*[SUP]1[/SUP] **[EDIT] ** There are other ways in Max, Check 's links below

*[SUP]2 [/SUP]Wish there was a way for us Blender users, but hey at least we can buy them from the marketplace for now.
*[SUP]2 [/SUP][EDIT] There is! Check 's links below and my results in post after

Hope helps :cool:

If you use 3dsMax I found a great (insanely great) MaxScript created by another forum user here:

I also discovered one for Blender (but have not tried it):
Info - http://isathar.blogspot.ch/2014/11/test-release-blender-ue4-vector-fields.html
Download - GitHub - isathar/Blender_UE4_VectorFieldEditor: Blender addon that adds support for working with 3D vector fields using the FGA file format.

Give those a try as well! :slight_smile:

Oh wow, thanks !! Going to try out the one for blender right now!

Ok. is… awesome.

We can totally make vector fields in Blender thanks to Isathar. Thanks so much for the links ! you and Isathar just made my day/night :cool:

I’ll be posting some more in-depth video tutorials sometime next week for the community (*nothing too crazy, just some quick how to’s & setup for those who have no clue how or need a visual guide). Until then here are some screens and quick short vid of it working.

One of the Field results in blender made with simple vortex:

Local Field:

Global Field:

*Note. I will be removing these test screenshots once I make a proper tutorial.

Quick-vid of results:

Vector fields in Blender? That’s amazing! Thanks for the replies everyone.

O guy, it is well! pls, how u did ? Are any chanse to see tutor?PS i m read upper text later -…u will do it for community)waiting it, thanks!

Here’s a solution for exporting them from Houdini http://www.orbolt.com/asset/Benny::UE4_velocitygridexporter

If amazing particle are something you are after investing $200 in Houdini indie is a very good idea.

@SememeS How’s your tutorial going? Even some quick basic how-to vid would be great :slight_smile:
For example, I don’t know how to apply the forces that I’ve added to affect vector field… From the documentation “Bake The volume’s particle simulation from its properties menu.” - But… Where is it?

Even if post is old, it still comes up when searching with google. So, I thought it was worthy mentioning that it’s possible to create vector fields directly in VR (Impromptu VR Vector Field Painter - Showcase - Epic Developer Community Forums).