Fix Serious Collision Issue With Unreal Engine 4

Each time I make a landscape I fall through it in the 3RD person mode, I used the victory collision plugin but it gave me a compile error, so I had to go through the (my project).uproject to manually remove the plugin. So now im stuck with a game in development with terrain that doesn’t work. Can you please tell me how to fix it or at least fix it in a later version?
Thanks a lot!

-Hmm, probably it’s because of the plugin. Are you sure that you have removed it completely?
-make sure that you use the right collision on your character -> take a look at a “clean” 3rd person template
-set your scalability settings to “epic”
-check the collision thickness of the terrain -> details panel :slight_smile:
-which version do you use?

It’s not the plugin’s fault since I installed the plugin to fix the collision :confused:

Ok, then it’s nearly 100% because of your character. Create a new 3d person template project and test if it also happens there :slight_smile:

Check that your collision on the character is also set up correctly.

I did not change any collision settings on my character…
If i change the quality to Epic, does it have a chance of fixing it?

Try to reproduce it on a clean project, just to see if it’s in yours or the template itself.

Maybe :stuck_out_tongue: -> some collision problems got solved by doing that

maybe you scaled the terrain after importing. I had similar issue in this case, but normally no problem.

Guys it got fixed when i changed the quality to Epic… For some reason when the terrain is on low quality it changes a bit in shape but the collision is still set the same :confused: At least it’s fixed.

Hi Yiannis1,

What version are you using? 4.7.2?
's victory collision plugin hasn’t been necessary since before 4.6 and will definitely cause problems if you try to use it in a recent version.

Collision is always set to the original data regardless of the quality settings, but when the quality is changed to something below Epic, it forces the streaming system to reduce the display resolution which makes it seem like the collision isn’t in the correct place. I’ve opened ticket UE-11542 to make it prevent the quality settings from changing the landscape display resolution, hopefully for 4.8.

Very interesting!

Glad you solved it, you have great problem-solving skills!

[QUOTE=JackP;242885]
I've opened ticket UE-11542 to make it prevent the quality settings from changing the landscape display resolution, hopefully for 4.8.
[/QUOTE]

@  P

Great to hear from you !

:)

I imported a fbx, from a Unity package, scaled it by 10 and noticed once that my character fell through the floor, the debugging mentions that there is a UV mapping issue, i edited the collision of that model. Not sure but didn’t happened again yet …