The TopDown Toolkit, What's It Like?

Hello people of the forums! I and my brother are toying with the idea of making a Fallout 2 inspired “up high” roleplaying game, and I saw the TopDown Toolkit there in the market place and thought that maybe it could cut back on what we’d have to set up before we could start testing things out. I couldn’t find anyone really showing it off on Youtube, but I’d like to know first if anyone else has tried it out and has anything positive or negative to say about it before I spend any money.

I have a copy of it and it does exactly what it says on the box. Having said that however, there are a few issues with 4.7 and the kit, but the developer is working with the marketplace curators to resolve the issue: https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?30700-Advanced-TopDown-Template-Features&p=236489&viewfull=1#post236489

I was initially going to use it for a project but the project changed direction and we decided to go for the Turn Based Toolkit instead.

If you have any questions … I recommend you use the official thread for this kit: https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?30700-Advanced-TopDown-Template-Features

Hi John,

you can see a video of what the Toolkit does in the thread that qdelpeche linked.
As he said, there are some issues right now with 4.7; The fixes for these have already been submitted to Epic a week ago. There is always the possibility too that you just send me the receipt you will get when buying the toolkit and i would then provide you with a download link for the correct version.
For some more information regarding the latest updates: Updated-TopDown-Toolkit-v1-2-networking-and-4-7

Additionally i am still taking feature requests (if reasonable), so if you need some additional stuff in the Toolkit, just tell me.

That said, if you want to do a game in Fallout2 style, maybe my Toolkit wont help you that much, since Fallout 2 is more turn based oriented (if i remember correctly :slight_smile: ).

Cheers,