Match-3 Framework

Match-3 Blueprint](https://www.unrealengine.com/content/4cbacd64f9f340c4a83eb99c85ee1d84)
Look for this product in your Market tab under the 2D Assets Category! Happy match-making!

**Demo for Windows: Demo_Windows

Demo for HTML5: Demo_HTML5** If your browser asks to kill or wait for the page, choose wait. It may take a while to load on slower machines.

How to Create your Project

Tutorials
Match3FrameWork - Tutorial Intro - Enter the Match-3 Blueprint

• In-Depth look at the Blueprints used in the Match-3 Blueprint.

Match-3 Blueprint - Tutorial1 - Checker Pattern](Match-3 Blueprint - Tutorial1 - Checker Pattern - YouTube)

• Checker Pattern
  • Hide Grid - 6:50

Match-3 Blueprint - Tutorial2 - GamePieces(Destroyed) Tracking System](Match-3 Blueprint - Tutorial2 - GamePieces(Destroyed) Tracking System - YouTube)

• Importing Textures for GamePiece Materials
  • GamePiece Tracking system - Begins at 4:20 - Finished Result 17:20

Price
34.99$

Description
The Match3FrameWork is designed to help you create market quality Match-3 game type. The tool is flexible and allows for easy integration of other systems. Creating Match-3 levels has never been so easy!

Designed to meet market quality by developers, the tool allows for a wide range of adjustable variables to edit your level.
Quickly add your art assets by easily dragging and dropping them within the Blueprint’s exposed variables.

With this tool, you will create highly functional Match-3 levels within minutes!

Join the Facebook Page and Unreal Engine 4 - Forum to keep track of coming changes and the possibility for tutorial requests. Support is at the top of our priorities!

Technical:
Customizable Grid.
Customizable Game Piece.
Manual or random Game Piece placement.
2D or 3D Game Pieces.
Easily reposition everything in the viewport.
Supports multiple platforms and viewport sizes.
Adjustable game rules like Game Piece count.
Adjust the game pace by setting the score increments to victory.
Featured: Special Double Match and Shuffle mechanics.

The game algorithm determines every possible move before the game pieces have even fallen down, which allows a quick responsive gameplay.

Bonus:
Score tracker and level transition.

Video Demonstration

Sample files: Sample Place in Match3FrameWork folder.

Profile Page: https://www.unrealengine.com/profile/Game%20Perspectives

In the meantime, feel free to request specific features that you would like to see within such a project, given enough requests, I will either implement them in the project, or create tutorials to show how to implement these requested features.

David Hache
Content Creator
-Match-3 Framework
-Check Point System Vote on Trello Board
-2D Character Engine - WIP

“Give me your best shot… If you’re prepared for the void!” -Magus, 600 A.D.

Got your PM, glad to see you filled my request. :slight_smile:

As far as added features I’d like to see, a way to store the matched tiles would be great. A lot of Match 3 systems I have seen implemented these days use a system of matching tiles then spending those tiles on actions. I’d buy this as is, but if you added a system for storing the tiles that would be great.

Thank you for the feedback. I figured this would be a high demand mechanic and will cover it in a tutorial. It is an easy to implement feature from within my blueprints.

Marvel Match-3, I was not aware of this game, I like it hehe

Marvel Puzzle Quest from the makers of the exceptionally good Puzzle Quest. Of course, as you’d expect these turned they turned it into an addictive grind that makes you want to spend large sums of real money. :stuck_out_tongue:

This looks great! Can’t wait to get my hands on it.

This didn’t get enough hype and needs more. :slight_smile:

Hi Mortusnyte. SOLD! When will it be available? How difficult would be to translate into 3D space?

Agreed, looks very useful indeed, subscribed but hadn’t commented yet.

The Foundation is definitely built for a 2D grid in mind. But using the logic involved you could expand into 3D space.

I want to offer as much support as possible, so if a certain feature gets enough requests, I will try to make it possible either through video tutorials or via updates to the project.

As far as availability, the project is currently under review by Epic, I will keep everyone posted.
In the meantime, let me know what you think is the coolest feature that you’ve seen in a Match-3 game?

Hi Mortusnyte. I appreciate your response. Community members have recommended some really cool features (and 3D version would be pretty awesome). Perhaps the ability to match patterns (contrary to straight line) would be a desired feature. Look forward to seeing the framework in the marketplace.

Oh, this will be highly! interesting. I’m hooked to Match-3 Games since a short time (especially after Evolve: Hunter’s Quest came out).

Since them, I’m looking for a framework, which is “easy” to use and might even be useable by someone who has no C++ experience.

Can’t wait for it to show up on the Marketplace.

Ok, the project has been moved to the Trello board, it is time to vote!

I’m very excited with the support so far. At this rate, the project will see the Market in no time! Keep the votes coming!

In the meantime, I will prepare video tutorials and in-depth videos on how to use the tool effectively and quickly and also how to add new features to the Blueprint!

Again, thank you to all the for the support. But we just started, and we still have a ways to go! So tell your friends, if they want you to make them the coolest Match-3 game ever, they need to come vote for this project!

Voted, looking forward to it :slight_smile:

Thanks! It should be soon!

Something I hadn’t asked before is whether there are any constraints regarding number of tiles. This is both in regards to say 9x9 tile set in one map and 7x7 in another or utilizing 5 tiles in one map and 6 on another.

There is absolutely no constraints regarding grid size or tile numbers. You can adjust these settings on the fly to be different from level to level or you can set a default value for all your levels.
The only thing to keep in mind when playing with the grid size, is that you may also need to adjust the scale of your grid and tiles to fit within your camera’s view. So let’s say you build a level with 7x7 grid and the next level uses a 9x9 grid. The latter level will need to be scaled to something like .5 or .8 to fit on the same screen size as the 7x7 level.
Alternatively, if you wanted to preserve the same tile scale for each level but also use different grid sizes, you could set a screen size that fits all the grid sizes that you plan to use.
Of course, all the settings mentioned above, are adjustable from the exposed values on the actor without any effort.

And to further clarify; In each level you will be placing a new M3_MainGame Blueprint which is the grid and play field. And all the settings within these Actors can be uniquely set for each of your levels.

I wanted to add that this project was built with versatility in mind. The core of the game logic is what is really important here, but that’s already done! All the important values are already created, such as game piece count, different types of game pieces. So you can pass these values very easily to other Blueprints or functions to add unique features. Features like storing the amount of specific game pieces that have been destroyed, adding breakable game tiles to the grid, adding special game pieces that when destroyed have special effects.

There is a LOT of algorithm underneath these Blueprints that make everything work efficiently. This isn’t built on collision triggers or such gimmicks. The game Calculates Everything and knows Every possible move before the player’s turn! Without giving too much away, here is how the GameSlot Blueprint looks. Everything is very coherent, well structured and commented. Within are many custom Macros, Functions and Variables to create a very efficient work flow. This is only one of the many facets of the Blueprints within this Project!

This needs more votes on Trello to get on the Marketplace so if you haven’t voted for it then vote for it >:

voteforthisguy-full.jpg

Voted!!! Can’t wait to mess around in here.