Regarding "Vehicle" and "Elemental" Assets

Hey guys!

I was really tempted to sign up for Unreal Engine subscription last week, and I found it it’s free! (Yay)

I’m an artist who loves to do scenery and I think the UE4 is the best for it.

However I heard that both the Vehicle and Elemental assets are free and available to download… But I can’t find them on the marketplace :frowning:

I’m just interested in doing scenery and I need the assets to make 2 demos.

One is a forest and the other is a desert!

Can anyone help me out? The starter pack doesn’t even have trees hehe

Thank you guys!

hi,

you can find the vehicle and landscape mountains projects in the “learn” tab of the launcher.

hope that helps:)

Hey!

Thanks very much.

Is it possible to create a new project with a template and use the assets from those? :slight_smile:

yes you can create a new project and use any of the assets from epic:D.

Thanks again for your reply!

But sadly I’m not able to create a new project and import these!

Could you link me how to import for example Vehicle towards a new project? (Seems I can ONLY START a new project with everything, but for example I only need the assets for a current project im working on)

Thank you again!

Based on your input, here’s what you can do in brief:

1] Create your own project;
2] ‘Create Project’ for Vehicle Game;
3] ‘Create Project’ for Elemental Demo;
4] ‘Migrate’ whichever assets you want from either of the two projects above into your project.

For example, if you want the Buggy from Vehicle Game, then complete steps 1-3. Then you open the Vehicle Game project, browse the contents folder and find the Buggy folder. Then right click on that Buggy folder and select ‘Migrate’. In the dialog box that follows, select the entire Buggy folder and click on ‘Ok’. In the next dialog box, navigate to the desired folder under the place where you have created your own project and click ‘Ok’. That should do it.

You could also copy & paste folders if you want, but dependencies and references will get broken and you would have to set up everything from start. Good for tutorial and learning, but bad for production. So use the migrate option instead.