New Landscape Material Pack stuck syncing

A couple of us just purchased the new landscape Material pack and the download button is greyed out and instead says “Syncing”. I bought it yesterday morning and there are a few more people with the same problem commenting on the items marketplace site.

The same for me. Seems bugged.

Hi sanford87,

Please post to the answerhub in the bug reports section at http://answers.unrealengine.com so we can assist you in depth. Thank you!

roger roger

Just a quick note, it seems Marketplace has gone offline along with www.unrealengine.com but it should be back up again after 9am PST (hour and a half from now). :slight_smile:

Bit annoying, was halfway through updating to 4.7.1 and now I have no engine install that I can work with until the end of the working day… sigh :confused: Not the best timing

[=;233442]
Bit annoying, was halfway through updating to 4.7.1 and now I have no engine install that I can work with until the end of the working day… sigh :confused: Not the best timing
[/]

I feel ya. Really curious what coming in the update though.

(crossposting from another thread)

Hi guys! In our 4.7 compatibility check\update for all Marketplace items, several items that were queued and being QAed were accidentally published to the live Marketplace. They aren’t ready for release yet, so we’re pulling them back in and issuing refunds for those items. We apologize for the error.

If you want a refund, email @unrealengine.com with the exact name of the content you purchased, and the email address you signed up with for the Unreal Engine, and we’ll get that processed ASAP.

Thanks!

[= ;233907]
(crossposting from another thread)

Hi guys! In our 4.7 compatibility check\update for all Marketplace items, several items that were queued and being QAed were accidentally published to the live Marketplace. They aren’t ready for release yet, so we’re pulling them back in and issuing refunds for those items. We apologize for the error.

If you want a refund, email @unrealengine.com with the exact name of the content you purchased, and the email address you signed up with for the Unreal Engine, and we’ll get that processed ASAP.

Thanks!
[/]

I’m assuming it’s possible to just wait until they’re properly released? I’m in no particular rush for item myself so I don’t mind waiting. Will it then automatically download?

[=Korus;233983]
I’m assuming it’s possible to just wait until they’re properly released? I’m in no particular rush for item myself so I don’t mind waiting. Will it then automatically download?
[/]

+1, I can just wait if that’s an option. That way we don’t need to request a refund then re-buy it later.

Yes, if you still want it and don’t mind waiting, it will start working as intended when it’s published.

Basically the catalog items you click on are a shortcut to the files. In most of these cases, the files simply haven’t been copied over from our internal staging area to the live Marketplace yet, so all you see is in the launcher is the shortcut to a broken link. Being stuck at “Syncing” in case means it’s simply 404ing. We’re sorting out the best path forward right now.

Do we have a time frame on when these QA products will be released? In the past has been a very slow process…

Out of the packs that were accidentally published to live, I believe all but two were basically ready to go pending a couple more internal checks. Everything will start getting published next Wednesday (March 11), and the rest will most likely be released the week after that (March 18).

Behind the scenes we’re getting to the point now that we have about 2 or 3 weeks’ worth of content queued up and ready to post, and we’re increasing the effort and scrutiny that goes into testing and verifying each of these packs. There have been concerns about quality and usability recently, so because of that we’re working on getting these right before anything sees the light of day. It’s going to get a lot easier after GDC when the team is fully free to focus on Marketplace content. We appreciate everyone’s patience while we get together. :slight_smile:

So just to confirm, these Landscape Materials WILL BE available in the next coming weeks? Was really looking forward to using them, but I can wait until they are ready.

Thanks for clarification. My project isn’t ready for full landscaping yet anyway as I’m still building up my game mechanics, so I’m fine waiting a few weeks before I play with these :slight_smile:

[= ;234030]
Out of the packs that were accidentally published to live, I believe all but two were basically ready to go pending a couple more internal checks. Everything will start getting published next Wednesday (March 11), and the rest will most likely be released the week after that (March 18).

Behind the scenes we’re getting to the point now that we have about 2 or 3 weeks’ worth of content queued up and ready to post, and we’re increasing the effort and scrutiny that goes into testing and verifying each of these packs. There have been concerns about quality and usability recently, so because of that we’re working on getting these right before anything sees the light of day. It’s going to get a lot easier after GDC when the team is fully free to focus on Marketplace content. We appreciate everyone’s patience while we get together. :slight_smile:

[/]

… and the price… will it be the same price that we’ve (accidently) seen (and some of us paid) already? IIRC it was about 8.xx€ for the landscape material pack… right? Thx!