Blueprint inventory not syncing

So I’ve had a search and there have been a few other marketplace updates that have had similar problems that have required a fix to be pushed by Epic.
Basically, I bought the blueprint inventory system that was recently added to the marketplace but when I go to download it the marketplace page just says syncing. I’ve tried on two separate machines now so i think it’s probably an Epics end. Could we get fixed please?

Thanks

Hopefully they can get it worked out. I thought I seen the invetory on the marketplace eariler also. But todays update of the launcher has removed it from the listing.

Hello!
Sorry for the inconvenience caused you (and many others who bought the system)
caused me a lot of trouble since I had to answer several emails yesterday about !
I already contacted epic about (haven’t received any answer yet!!) but I suggest that you send an email too to generate a bit of pressure :stuck_out_tongue:
**Please **please, if there’s an epic representative reading , answer my email and fix since it affects several paying customers and is a MAJOR inconvenience affecting the quality of the service the product offers!

Have you updated the launcher within the last hour? If not there was a major update released (along with UE4 going free for everyone). Try updating the launcher to see if that fixes the problem for you. :slight_smile:

So I’ve just updated the launcher and the blueprint inventory system seems to have been removed completely :s

Hey,
Yes I have updated the client and update completely removed the content.
Also the inventory system was removed from the web marketplace so the launcher is obviously not the.

Hi guys! In our 4.7 compatibility check\update for all Marketplace items, several items that were queued and being QAed were accidentally published to the live Marketplace. They aren’t ready for release yet, so we’re pulling them back in and issuing refunds for those items. We apologize for the error.

If you want a refund, email billing@unrealengine.com with the exact name of the content you purchased, and the email address you signed up with for the Unreal Engine, and we’ll get that processed ASAP.

Thanks!

Hello!
Thanks for the answer but does not solve the for me as the seller. Please answer either the email I sent you or the private message.
Thanks - Filippos Christianos

Just responded via PM.

Hey everyone!
I’ve been informed that the Inventory System is officially ( time) on the marketplace!
Everyone who bought it should have access to it now!
Sorry for any inconvenience caused and thanks to Epic and for resolving it fast enough!

Follow the main forum post here: Blueprint Inventory System - Marketplace - Epic Developer Community Forums
for any updates or discussion!

Thanks for your patience while we got sorted out! I hope no one was terribly inconvenienced by our error, and that you’ll see pack was well worth the wait. :slight_smile: