Looking for a mentor (asset creation, texturing, importing)

Hey guys,

I have been wasting weeks of time trying to deal with these issues myself, and I’m here to ask for help.

Right now I am looking for someone who would be able to help me with understanding some basic things related to asset creation (3dmax), texturing and importing them to UE4.
I can stream the progress live on Twitch.tv, so you could see what I’m doing wrong, and I could correct that in real time.

This is what I would like to build during this project:

Areas I would like to cover:

• Creating modular assets to build the room (I’m capable of modeling these myself, it’s more of what happens after I import the file to my UE4 project)
  • UVW’s, Texturing
  • Adding a couple of more complex assets, along with textures and lightning (furniture?)

I’m at the point where tutorials just don’t make any sense, I’m getting frustrated being in the same spot for a couple of days, and I really need some help.
If you think you could spare some time to help me out, you can reply in this thread or e-mail me at roball@gmail.com

edit: Before someone asks - I’m looking for a volunteer, I can’t really pay for UE4 lessons at this moment. Apologies.

Thanks!

Hey Roball, Not sure if your interested in this or not but we have a team of guys (including myself) working our way from 2D android to 3D Using UE (MAYA/3DMax) If your interested in learning with us and working along side each other we could help each other…

Although I’ve only been at it for a couple of days now I’ve already learnt a few rigging techniques, animation, UV mapping and Designed a house in Maya with Physx attached, Not to be big headed but I’ve been doing 2D for awhile and I just naturally understand 3D and the tutorials I have followed.

I’ve yet to get into more complex items such as weapons, furniture and texturing them properly but like i said, Learning together could benefit us both and maybe even work on something together. Thats the beauty of it.

Let me know I’ll let the rest of the guys know and we can take it from there. Other then that If you give me a few more weeks to keep learning this I’ll be happy to give you the basics of what I know.

Look forward to what you have to say.

Wilson.

Had a few minutes while I wait for this show I’m watching to buffer, so did a quick Max2Unreal in 12 easy steps set of pics. It doesn’t cover UV Mapping (Unwrap UVW modifier - Channel 1), LightMapping (Unwrap UVW modifier - Channel 2), Creating LOD’s (Basically optimizing the object for distance from players), Proper texturing (this image doesn’t need proper texturing - generic maps from Epic will do that), or Collisions (I would use the Epic Convex collision thing that’s built in for that picture)… however, these can be found on google if you search for the terms: 3dsMax UE4 [topic]

So, this should get you started. I call it:

The Not So Epic Guide for 3dsMax to the Unreal Engine 4 Tutorial!