So now that the rating system has been included what else is everyone looking to get out of the Market Place. I think we're at a good place where we as a community can lay out our wants and desires for how the Market Place can best place to buy and sell assets.
For me the biggest issue is the lack of control that creators have over prices and updates. This really makes the marketplace come off as hulking and inflexible. Hopefully this kind of flexibility and control can be implemented sooner rather than later as competition in the Market Place picks up and we have to respond instantly to new packs that might price themselves under what's already there. Moreover updates take way too long and some users have begun considering using gum road as a backup so that they can supply their supports with updates now rather than sooner. This is completely backwards.
What does the community think? What is necessary for the Marketplace to be improved? Everyone should post their requests and I'll keep them updated here at the top of the thread so that Epic can keep track of what updates the community wants most.
- Flexible Pricing Controls
- Disproportionate Pricing to Quality Regulation By Epic
- Incorporating Updates Sooner
- Creators Can Set Items On Sale
- Mandatory Videos & Demos for Items on Sale
- Game Type Asset Usage Limitations
- Marketplace Exclusivity vs. Origins
- Mandatory Blueprint Previews
- Model Viewer
- Content Streaming For Previews
- Sub-Categories For Searching More Specifically
- Ability to Sell Individuals Items vs. Bulk
- Submission, Voting, Content delivery, and General Response Times are Excessive
- Market Place Voting Integrated Into The Unreal Launcher
- Local-Currency Pricing
- New Ratings for Every Major Update + Ability to View Ratings for Previous Versions
- Graph Showing Average Score Per Version Update
- More Detailed Selling Stats
- Ability to Leave Comments on Reviews
- Content Providers Maintain Free Access to their Products