User Tag List

Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 1,000 of 1544

Thread: Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit [SUPPORT]

Hello grizfb75. After migrating you will need to copy the config files (Unreal Projects\[Project Name]\Config) from the project you created with ATBTT to your new C++ project. The config files contain input and my custom trace channels among other things.
    The Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit (Marketplace page - Feedback thread)

Would it be possible to use the Advanced Turn Based Tile Toolkit in Unity, too?

No, sorry, but it is Unreal Engine only. Unity has a somewhat similar toolkit called the Turn Based Toolkit, though: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/10686

It lacks some of the features of ATBTT, such as support for very large or multi-layer grids, but ot has other features, such as a built-in ability system. The guy who makes it seems to provide great support as well.

No problem. I was just curious.

I think it would be fair to sell further upgrades of your toolkit as dlc, because your toolkit and especially your support are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Monokkel View Post
    That is very strange. It works fine on my end. Can you post screenshots of all three locations of Get Edge Cost from Z difference in Add Viewport Terrain To Arrays so I can see if everything is hooked up correctly?
    Sorry for the delay, I'm moving in my new house hand I had no internet for a few weeks. I'll do that as soon as I can

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard1200 View Post
    No problem. I was just curious.

I think it would be fair to sell further upgrades of your toolkit as dlc, because your toolkit and especially your support are amazing.
    I have had others suggest that before, and I have briefly considered it. However, I think it is better for users to know that when they buy the toolkit they buy the entire thing, and can expect all future updates to work for them. It also makes it easier for me to provide support if there are not multiple different versions being used.

Quote Originally Posted by Bounit View Post
    Sorry for the delay, I'm moving in my new house hand I had no internet for a few weeks. I'll do that as soon as I can
    I will do my best to answer, in that case. However, know that I am away on my honeymoon and will not have access to my computer with UE4 until I'm back in three weeks time, so I will not be able to test things out myself or paste screenshots of blueprints until then.

I will do my best to answer, in that case. However, know that I am away on my honeymoon and will not have access to my computer with UE4 until I'm back in three weeks time, so I will not be able to test things out myself or paste screenshots of blueprints until then.
    No worries, I'll try to restart my project from start, I'll figure myself what I did wrong. Congrats for your wedding then and enjoy your honeymoon !

Feel free to ask me questions here nonetheless. I might be able to answer even without being able to consult the toolkit itself.

Hey Monokkel. Love the toolkit so far. Quick question though. You've got a game mode set up but I was wondering if it would be possible to use the ATBTT to create a board game in a first person game without changing game modes out of the first person game mode. Thank you for your help!

Hiya there I realise this maybe already asked but its really hard to really check, I mean this is post 970 xD

I'd like to ask about implementing a few different mechanics, I'll bullet point them and hopefully ones that have already been asked you can direct me to or whatever

-Fog of war. Ideally I'd like it that the squares outside of a units range would be dark or non viewable?

-Doors. I'd like to better control where players can move and I think doors would so this however implementing that with unit interaction etc I imagine would be difficult?

-Camera blocking. I'd like to limit where the camera can move so that players cannot move the camera off the map however when I tried doing this, I cannot stop the camera from moving away from the grid.

-Wizards or custom units. I realise that you've done a video on both importing your own units and destructible pawns, this is great as it is one of the mechanics that a unit I plan to bring into my game. however I would also like them to have the ability to heal or defend other units, is this a possibility? or will it be very difficult to implement?

-Objectives. I would like to make objectives in levels so the win conditions are not simply kill all the enemy. For example steal/loot/pick up this thing, save/capture/help this unit, kill this particular unit. how could I do this?

-One team progressing through levels. So the idea of my current game is that I am going to be doing a campaign of a series of levels that the player has to take their team through. Meaning that players will have to choose their team at the start of the campaign or perhaps at the beginning of certain levels eg choose how many melee, ranged and wizard units you want in your team. This also means that teams have to progress through the levels so the game has to bring them from level 1 to level 2 which I am not sure how to do.

Thanks in advance! I realise this is a lot to ask so I apologise about that and completely understand it may take a while or not be possible to do everything, but these are things I'd like to do and if its possible that would be great =D

Actually Monokkel, I got everything working within our framework.

I'm back from the honeymoon and ready to keep on improving the toolkit as a married man. 4.13 preview is out and ATBTT does work with it. However, there are a couple of small issues that have popped up with the new update which must be fixed so that BP_GridManager can compile. I will not send a new update to Epic until the final version of 4.13 is out, but until then, here is what to do if you're impatient:

There are two collapsed blueprint graphs in BP_GridManager that need to be fixed in the Get Indexes in Range (Checking Range Array) function. These are the two topmost "Correction to keep hexagonal pattern if close to west edge_2" collapsed graphs. No idea why this is, since there are many identical, working collapsed graphs in the toolkit, but ut us thankfully quite easy to fix. For both of these remove their input nodes and add new identical ones. Then connect them up again the same way they are connected if you look at a version of ATBTT opened in UE4.12.

You will need to change one more thing if you want to nativize your blueprints when packaging. Epic have fixed the issue in 4.12 where projects containing child animation blueprints could not be nativized (thanks Epic!). However, there is still an issue where arrays of structs will be populated with random variables when resized in a nativized, packaged project. To fix this, change the Reset pathfinding arrays and clear meshes function in BP_GridManager so that it is resized manually through a forloop instead of using the resize node. Like so:

Name:  17ZsHVY.png
Views: 486
Size:  227.0 KB

If you do this and package your project using the experimental Nativize Blueprint option you will see an absolutely massive performance increase in pathfinding and visibility checks. I'm talking 50 times as fast as PIE. Epic have said that C++, when coded well, can be 10 times as fast as blueprint, which is the highest performance increase I was reasonably hoping for. I'm guessing that nativization is especially beneficial for array manipulation. I'm happy to see that the way I have made my blueprints to be as performant as possible seems to cross over well to C++, and a performance increase of this magnitude will allow myself and users to be even more ambitious in what can be done with ATBTT.

Just to let everyone know, the toolkit is currently 30% off as part of Epic's marketplace summer sale! It will remain 30% off all through this week. I hope this might convince people who have been on the fence to get the toolkit and start developing some awesome TBS games
    Last edited by Monokkel; 08-15-2016 at 10:04 AM.

A new tutorial is up! This one covers the 2D game example Hydras Lair, which is included in the toolkit. Enjoy!

Just wanted to pop in and congratulate you on your marriage, hope the honeymoon was great and welcome you back here! Been looking forward to seeing the next update after that juicy cover post you made!

Infiltrator
    Just bought the toolkit today and very new to unreal, have had a little experience dealing with game engines through modding, but in the greater scheme that's next to nothing. Been watching plenty of tutorials of late and I find myself learning things at a decent rate, the UI in unreal 4 is definitely a plus. My question is: How do you attach weapons to characters? I've looked up plenty of tutorials but just can't seem to be getting the weapons to attaching while in game. I've had a look at a few blueprints and only noticed recently that they are all calling back to "get player character". That's when it hit me that, we don't actually use player characters right? We use "pawns". Now I don't know if this has already been covered, probably has but was wondering how you would go about equipping weapons/armor. If this has been covered in a previous tutorial, just point me there Thanks again.

Likewise, congratulations on the marriage. Hope the time away was great.

Just having a watch of the new video and noticed that a Free Roam feature has been implemented that allows free movement without turns when no enemies are around. I think a number of developers might be interested in this: check it out in the video around 11:30 in.
    On the forum, Kev will do.

Quote Originally Posted by stormhierta View Post
    Just wanted to pop in and congratulate you on your marriage, hope the honeymoon was great and welcome you back here! Been looking forward to seeing the next update after that juicy cover post you made!
    Thanks! The honeymoon was indeed great, and now I'm back to keep on developing with new vigor It will still be some time until I'm done with the next update, though. There's still a lot to add, and life hasn't exactly become less eventful. If there are any features you would like to add to your game yourself before I'm done with the update, just ask me here and I will do my best to help you along.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantichai View Post
    Just bought the toolkit today and very new to unreal, have had a little experience dealing with game engines through modding, but in the greater scheme that's next to nothing. Been watching plenty of tutorials of late and I find myself learning things at a decent rate, the UI in unreal 4 is definitely a plus. My question is: How do you attach weapons to characters? I've looked up plenty of tutorials but just can't seem to be getting the weapons to attaching while in game. I've had a look at a few blueprints and only noticed recently that they are all calling back to "get player character". That's when it hit me that, we don't actually use player characters right? We use "pawns". Now I don't know if this has already been covered, probably has but was wondering how you would go about equipping weapons/armor. If this has been covered in a previous tutorial, just point me there Thanks again.
    Don't sell yourself short on the modding. That was my only game development experience before I started using UE4 myself, and after nine months I had released this toolkit on the marketplace. Unreal engine is amazing, and I particularly love working with blueprints.

As for your question, it should not matter whether you are using pawns or characters. A character is just a pawn with a few features added, such as some useful movement components.

For weapons you will probably want to add sockets to the hands of the skeletal meshes you are using. You then need to get a reference to the skeletal mesh if you want to add weapons using blueprints. Your confusion might stem from the fact that characters have a skeletal mesh by default, so you can get a reference to the skeletal mesh of any character without having to cast it to a different type of actor first. In the toolkit I'm using pawns, which do not have a skeletal mesh by default. If you want to access the skeletal mesh of any of the pawns used in the toolkit you will need to get a reference to a class that contains a skeletal mesh, such as unit_player_melee (or probably one of the custom units you've made yourself).

Here is a super simple example (in which I have added the socket hand_rSocket to the mobile mannequin skeleton I use:

Name:  fRvgQwf.png
Views: 408
Size:  77.5 KB

In action:
    Name:  7XDj3nU.png
Views: 406
Size:  390.4 KB

I recommend reading more about sockets in the UE4 documentation here: https://docs.unrealengine.com/latest/INT/Engine/Content/Types/SkeletalMeshes/Sockets/

Quote Originally Posted by kevdotward View Post
    Likewise, congratulations on the marriage. Hope the time away was great.

Just having a watch of the new video and noticed that a Free Roam feature has been implemented that allows free movement without turns when no enemies are around. I think a number of developers might be interested in this: check it out in the video around 11:30 in.
    Thanks! Yeah, I'm sure many developers are interested. As you could tell from the video, it is just an oversight that I haven't talked about this feature before. I will try to add a short video on it when I have the time. It is really simple to work with though. As long as free roam is set to true, whatever is the current unit can move freely. If you want to enter combat you would set this to false and then run the activate unit event on the unit first in initiative order. You could do this after a conversation with an enemy, for instance.

Infiltrator
    Thanks for replying! After much editing, I managed to find what I was looking for in the code by complete fluke, still confused as to where I got it from but it's working hah! Still, the whole blueprint itself doesn't make complete sense to me but I guess I am still learning it bit by bit. Also congratulations on the marriage!

I am curious as, how does this blueprint itself work, as far as I can gather it's a level blueprint, from a high level perspective, how do you go about generally attaching weapons to characters. For example, if you were in an inventory screen, where the player was holding a weapon compared to say a level where he is holding a weapons. Are you still just creating level scripts?

-------

Also the next question is, how would I go about equipping multiple weapons to multiple characters? I've got it working on one player pawn, but it won't equip to other pawns.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Bantichai; 08-17-2016 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Updated outcome.

Ok, great that you managed to find a solution, at least. Hope you'll figure out exactly why it worked as well

I'm not entirely sure what you say when you say "this blueprint itself" do you mean the one in my screenshot? That is indeed from the level blueprint. I do not generally use the level blueprint except for testing something out really quick. You can ignore most of what is in the blueprint above. The important part is the attach to component node. The rest is just to get a reference to a suitable actor.

From a high level perspective I guess it depends on your game. If you have an inventory screen you would probably do this from the blueprint you have created for managing the inventory. Possibly some form of equip event contained in your pawns that an inventory blueprint can call. I would probably do something like that myself, at least.

For equipping multiple weapons on multiple pawns you would need to get references to each pawn and do the same thing for each.

Infiltrator
    After much trial and error, I think I have a very basic understanding of how the blueprint works. After seeing changes in the array when I increased the number from 0 to 1 (sword wouldn't equip if there was 2 player_tanks on screen), I thought I'd try something out. I found out there's a sequence node? So I attached the "event begin play" to a sequence node so I could replicate the rest of the blue print and the only difference was the second player_tank would be equiping the second duplicate copy of the same sword. I then just changed the array from 0 to 1 in the second sequence.

I've also been able to now attach weapons to enemy units too. The main question is, how would you go about streamlining this blueprint? I feel as it would become too unwieldy very soon.

Name:  Multiple Attachments.png
Views: 401
Size:  240.2 KB
    Last edited by Bantichai; 08-17-2016 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Updated outcome.

I would recommend against using Get All Actors of Class. The output array of that node is sorted in an unpredictable way, so it is really bad if you want to do something to a specific actor. I would only use Get All Actors Of Class if you really want to access just that, all actors, or if there will always only be one of that type of actor on the map (in which case Get index 0 will always get that specific actor). I used that node in the example I gave you just because it was a quick way to get the reference for demonstration purposes.

How you want to do this depends a lot on the specific requirements of your game, but you should definitely not have to create a separate set of nodes for each actor.
    To give an example, if you wanted to make a game where you have swords placed in the game world that you equip when you move on top of them, you could get the colliding actor when one of your pawns collides with the sword, cast to your pawn blueprint and attach that specific sword to the pawn.

If you have not already, I recommend looking at UE4’s official blueprint tutorials. It is a good idea to have a solid understanding of the basic stuff before you go on to do something more fancy.

Infiltrator
    Okay thanks for that! I have another question I've been reading up on blueprints and would like to try something a bit more advanced, I've sketched out what I want it to do but have trouble implementing the blueprint itself. If you take a quick look at this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81iY1CsNVkk --- at 1:29 seconds. You'll see the enemy npc on the left side of the room, advanced a few squares and automatically face the player character, which is in the opposite room with a bow. I would like to implement a feature similar to this. Essentially I want all pawns on the map to face the nearest enemy pawn and to also dynamic adjust their position if the enemy pawn moves.For example my unit's back is facing an enemy pawn 3 squares away, the enemy pawn closes into melee range and my unit automatically faces the enemy character as opposed to having it's back exposed to the enemy.
    Also if it's possible I'd like to know how to implement a blueprint that allows pawns to automatically face their current opponent when under attack.

I was wondering if you could help me with a suitable blueprint, of course only when we get the time, thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Bantichai; 08-19-2016 at 09:36 AM.

If you look at the Attack Victim event in Unit_Parent you can find the nodes I use for getting the attacker to face its target. If you duplicate these nodes and have them affect the target as well, the target should automatically face the attacker.

A simple, though not very efficient way to get all units to face the closest unit is to enable tick events on all units, have them find all actors of class Unit_parent each tick, find the distance to each and face the one closest using the nodes I mentioned. It is generally not recommended to run through arrays on each tick for multiple actors, though. A better way could be to only run this code while a unit is moving, and only comparing the distance to the current moving unit with the distance to the previously closest unit (which could be stored in each unit). Something like that should work well and not be too inefficient.

I have kind of always wanted to make a 2d turn based game where you explore in real time but once you see enemies you go into turn based combat. The only thing I would add on to that 2d game would be having multiple party members pop out during combat and then combine into my main character once the fighting is done.

How tough would that be to setup? If its not super crazy to setup I might grab this for the heck of it.
    Last edited by Castle; 08-19-2016 at 03:01 PM.

Well, I decided to get a copy of this for the fun of it. Then I realized its literally impossible to input my Credit card info because I moved to Canada. Seriously wtf :/

Infiltrator
    Okay thanks for tips, I'll see if I can implement this.

@Castle: Hey, to answer your question that sort of game is possible to make with the toolkit, though how difficult it is to implement will depend on how you want the end result to be. A couple of updates ago I added the option of turning off turn based mode, which basically means that the current unit gets an infinite move score that can be split up freely. At the same time I do not show the blue markers for tiles in move range. The effect is that the player can move around freely until you disable free roam mode and turn based combat resumes. This is more or less a fully realized feature and easy to implement. If this sounds like what you want to achieve it should not be too difficult.

Too bad about your problem with payment, though. You should e-mail marketplace support and see if someone from Epic can help you.

@Bantichai: Good luck! Let me know if you get stuck.

Infiltrator
    Well I've dived in as deep as I can in regards to the first feature I want implemented which was having both pawns face each other when combat initiates. I've watched your blueprint video too and it's slowly edging me closer to understanding the "attack_victim" event. I know one of the nodes that control rotation is definitely "Find Look At Rotation", I played around a little bit and got some varied results but not what I was looking for. Essentially at this point I'm learning by trial and error as I kind of just want to get a rough prototype level working as soon as possible. However, I'm still stuck haha. I'm having trouble with replicating all the nodes that are associated with rotation and I'm not sure how to link them, I watched the blueprint run while I was testing the game, so I know the general area of nodes that I'm looking for but still struggling to duplicate the nodes.

As to the second feature I'd like to have implemented, that's completed beyond me. Also if your curious the type of game I'm trying to make is a game similar to The Age of Decadence and Expeditions: Conquistador with maybe a little XCOM thrown in.

@Castle: Hey, to answer your question that sort of game is possible to make with the toolkit, though how difficult it is to implement will depend on how you want the end result to be. A couple of updates ago I added the option of turning off turn based mode, which basically means that the current unit gets an infinite move score that can be split up freely. At the same time I do not show the blue markers for tiles in move range. The effect is that the player can move around freely until you disable free roam mode and turn based combat resumes. This is more or less a fully realized feature and easy to implement. If this sounds like what you want to achieve it should not be too difficult.

Too bad about your problem with payment, though. You should e-mail marketplace support and see if someone from Epic can help you.

@Bantichai: Good luck! Let me know if you get stuck.
    Honestly that sounds exactly right, then when going into combat mode I simply spawn the rest of the units in my party so to speak and the fighting begins. When leaving combat mode I erase those units and update their stats. Yeah I will have to figure something out for payment. too bad I cant just buy stuff with bitcoin as that erases all of the BS involved.

Ill see what I can do.

So I finally got my hands on it and have to say this is exactly what I was looking for!

Only issue I have found is that the game seems to get stuck if the AI cant find a clear path to my character in the 2D game demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantichai View Post
    Well I've dived in as deep as I can in regards to the first feature I want implemented which was having both pawns face each other when combat initiates. I've watched your blueprint video too and it's slowly edging me closer to understanding the "attack_victim" event. I know one of the nodes that control rotation is definitely "Find Look At Rotation", I played around a little bit and got some varied results but not what I was looking for. Essentially at this point I'm learning by trial and error as I kind of just want to get a rough prototype level working as soon as possible. However, I'm still stuck haha. I'm having trouble with replicating all the nodes that are associated with rotation and I'm not sure how to link them, I watched the blueprint run while I was testing the game, so I know the general area of nodes that I'm looking for but still struggling to duplicate the nodes.

As to the second feature I'd like to have implemented, that's completed beyond me. Also if your curious the type of game I'm trying to make is a game similar to The Age of Decadence and Expeditions: Conquistador with maybe a little XCOM thrown in.
    I’ll try to help you along as best I can. Getting one’s head around how blueprints work can take some time. To get an actor to face another you generally just need to get their look at rotation and then modify the rotations of the actors based on the output from the get look at rotation node. From there you just need to make sure you fire the nodes at the correct time. In the toolkit this is done during the attack victim event. If you do the same thing connected up to event tick it will happen every single tick (note that the units of ATBTT have their tick disabled by default). I cannot be sure what you are doing wrong, but if you send me a screenshot I should be able to figure it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Honestly that sounds exactly right, then when going into combat mode I simply spawn the rest of the units in my party so to speak and the fighting begins. When leaving combat mode I erase those units and update their stats.
    That is definitely doable. I’ll help you implement the feature if you find it tricky.
    Ok,
    So I finally got my hands on it and have to say this is exactly what I was looking for!
    Only issue I have found is that the game seems to get stuck if the AI cant find a clear path to my character in the 2D game demo.
    This is a bug I thought I had fixed in an earlier update, but it seems it is back (though caused by something different). It only happens in the 2D game example, which is quite baffling. It is likely caused by the way the AI controller reacts to the specific layout of the 2D game example map, but I was not been able to figure out the exact cause when I looked at it this morning. I’ll try to find a solution soon.

Infiltrator
    Ok thanks again! Will see what I come up with.

That is definitely doable. I’ll help you implement the feature if you find it tricky.
    Ok,
    Honestly outside of this and some cool loot and a tileset this already almost plays how I want it to. I think its pretty cool out of the box. I'll spend some time looking over the blueprints, so far everything seems straight forward-ish. Having SP and abilities that pop up in a menu would be pretty

This is a bug I thought I had fixed in an earlier update, but it seems it is back (though caused by something different). It only happens in the 2D game example, which is quite baffling. It is likely caused by the way the AI controller reacts to the specific layout of the 2D game example map, but I was not been able to figure out the exact cause when I looked at it this morning. I’ll try to find a solution soon.
    Ah!

I wonder if a simple fix would be to skip the turn if the AI simply takes too long to decide.

I wonder if a simple fix would be to skip the turn if the AI simply takes too long to decide.
    Ok, so I figured out the problem. A bit annoyingly I realized that I had already found the reason for this issue. Completely forgot about that in the previous busy months. The problem seems to stem from how UE4 handles child actors. I'm not sure of the exact reason, but calling events on a child actors that belong to the parent actor does not seem to work flawlessly.

The problem appears when the BP_GridManager_2D calls the Pathfinding_per_tick event (which is contained in BP_GridManager). To fix this one can simply replace the Pathfinding_per_tick parts of ATBTT_AI_Controller with calls to regular Pathfinding functions. This should not have any real impact on performance unless you are making a huge map where the AI units have a huge search range, you run it on very poor hardware and you choose not to nativize the blueprints for some reason. I will probably just change this to be the default in a future update.

Here is the relevant part of ATBTT_AI_Controller to change, which is at the bottom right of the Choose Target part of ATBTT_AI_Controller's event graph:

Name:  xZ3XbD7.png
Views: 335
Size:  192.6 KB

Infiltrator
    With unreal forums back up again I'd like to ask a few questions. After managing getting the both player and enemy character to turn and face each other on attack, I'm wondering how would I go about implementing "turn in place" animations for when the enemy rotates. I have the "turn in place" animations I would just like some guidance on where to implement such things, would it be a blend space or state machine? I would need to implement both "turn in place left" and "turn in place right" animations, to make the movement realistic.

My second question and I have a feeling this is already covered in one of your videos which I haven't all watched yet but just curious to know. How would I go about implementing special abilities, like a special attack that plays "x effect". Would that be something I could modify off the "overwatch" feature that you'll be adding in your next update?

Also how would I go about implementing a hit and miss or % miss chance feature. Once again I do apologise if I'm asking questions that you've covered, if you have just refer me to the video

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Bantichai; 08-28-2016 at 09:23 AM.

Hi there, glad to see that the forums are mostly up again.

Animation isn't something I have spent a ton of time on in the engine, and the one I have implemented is pretty rudimentary, so I might not be the best one to ask, but turn in place animations should be handled with a blend space. You should also be using a state machine to control everything, but the turn animation itself should be contained in a blend space, which should get its input from the state machine. I would recommend Googling for "turn in place animation unreal", as there seem to be many posts and videos discussing this.

Special abilities is not really something I have covered in my tutorials, though other users have implemented this in ATBTT in various ways. One of the reasons I have not implemented something like this is that special abilities are naturally very varied, and how they are handled will vary a lot depending on what sort of game you are making. Because of this, most people would need to make this from scratch anyway. However I will be implementing one such system in the coming update, which will be close to how it is done in XCOM, with overwatch, explosives, rapid fire etc. There will still be some time until the update is done, however. There are a million ways to implement abilities, but the way I am doing it is creating inidividual ability blueprints that are spawned in the world when an ability is used, that contain all code related to an ability. These actors are deleted after the ability has been used. That is the general idea, in any case.

For hit and miss chance, this is pretty straightforward. You just need to check the value of a random float against an accuracy value every time an attack is made. Here is a simple solution I came up with when I was asked this question some time ago: https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?60108-Advanced-Turn-Based-Tile-Toolkit-Marketplace-Summer-Sale-30-off!&p=505675&viewfull=1#post505675

Oh good the forums are back!

Once I fix the hang on AI that cannot path to a player bug I will be in pretty good shape. I am not worried about performance as I am not really looking into making large levels.

Just need to make it so when not in combat and having multiple friendly units that free roaming still toggles on. Once I have that all I need to do is make a special ability system where units can use special attacks at the cost of SP.
    If I get that in place ill change the graphics and make something with it.

Not sure what would be the easiest way to do special abilities though. hmm

Infiltrator
    Thanks for the advice, I'll see what I come up with. Really looking forward to the next update, does that mean you'll be adding an ability bar that holds the overwatch, explosive ability etc etc. I feel that once I see your blueprints, I'll have a better way of implementing my own abilities, will you be making a video with your next update? Also will the AI be able to use those new abilities, like overwatch etc etc.

Also with your hit chance blueprint, how did you create the public floats accuracy and dodge?
    Last edited by Bantichai; 08-28-2016 at 07:44 PM.

Just to let you know the fix was easy to setup but for some strange reason 1 out of every 10 AI turns the game will slow to an absolute crawl and eventually crash.
    Last edited by Castle; 08-28-2016 at 09:22 PM.

Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast