DataTable Arrays

For the longest time I thought it was impossible to store arrays in DataTables, but with 4.7 and the row editor I see that is no longer the case. That being said, I still have no idea how to create them via CSV. A simple array of integer, enums or dare-say structs, how would that look?

Bump. It’s been literally months and I can’t even get anyone to mention this at all. Not in the DataTable thread in Announcements, not in the #unrealengine chat and not on AnswerHub. It’s like talking about this gives people the plague.

You can concatenate strings and store them in the table and then split them inside the editor. This allows you to store some extra data in a single cell. You can store id numbers to reference other tables. I’m not sure about the new features of 4.7 yet. An array of integers would look like : 1x2x3x4x5x6 … In the editor split by “x”. A typical way to add an array to a data table is to use delimited id numbers with each number within a column that represents the data type.

I do that currently, but with the Row Editor you can actually have arrays of structs and whatnot, they most definitely aren’t concatenating strings. That being said, digging through the source makes it obvious that this is currently impossible.

I know it’s been a while, but with UE4.13 I have something that works intuitively. I’m answering just for anyone else looking.
I used google sheets to download a csv file.
For a TArray<int32 > putting this into the csv cell worked fine: (1,2,3)
Then I just imported the csv into my data table.