4.7 Official Release - wrong FoV and squashed buttons

I’ve just upgraded from 4.7p8 to the official 4.7 release for an NVidia Shield based project.

However, since the upgrade, my camera FoV is wrong and the virtual thumb stick GFX are squashed to ~2/3 of their original height (the width is the same).

Is anyone else experiencing this now or something similar in the past and know how to sort this out?

Hi Jimmy_Jazz, quick question. Is your project for the Shield Portable or for the Shield Tablet?

Same here. Everything is fine on my Note 10.1 but when I launch it on the Nexus 4 it’s all squashed.

My viewport on my Moto G also appears squashed!

Yes.
Portrait orientations are squashed

Hello forum buddies. I put this up on answer hub and it was confirmed and entered into their bug database.

You can see the post here: Android Rendering Squished - Mobile - Unreal Engine Forums

Howdy everyone,

I have just tested out this issue and have been able to replicate what has been occurring. I entered Jira report UE-11269 into our bug database so that the issue may be resolved in a future release. I have also just seen that the Report has been fixed for the 4.8 version of UE4. I am unsure as to when this version of UE4 will be released but I will be sure to let you know as soon as I hear anything.

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi Sean

Is there no chance at all for another 4.7 HotFix with this fix included? I did hear that mobiles are going to get some love with the 4.8 but a squashed viewport is quite a bug to be honest, it makes portrait oriented games simply unpublishable. And it will probably take 2-3 months at least for the 4.8 to get released.

Please Epic, a hot fix for these would be an awesome thing! Thanks beforehand!

Apologies for the late reply, it’s with a Shield Tablet. Why couldn’t NVidia have better names to differentiate the two projects :wink:

Same thing is happening on my HTC One, However my Galaxy Tab S 8.4" seems to be fine.

I am working on a portrait oriented game right now and my Sony Xperia M with Android 4.3 seems fine as well.