Level Streaming setting for smooth unload

Hello,

in the “Project General Settings - Level Streaming”, we have the “Async Loading Time Limit” which is perfect to finely tune and smooth the level loading.

But when I unload a level, this produce a lag in my game, because all actors are (apparently) unloaded at the same time.

Is it possible to have a “Async Unloading Time Limit” option to smooth the unload ?

Thanks !

e8428d35ecb3ab8c7e862e38c9f0da2ea4ad6ed8.jpeg

Hi Eddy71,

Thank you for your request. I have entered a feature request, UE-10109 to be assessed by the development staff.

Hi,
I also need this.

Did anyone find a fix this? We have smooth level loading but a nasty unload hitch! Would love to hear if anyone found a solution.

[=LambCannon;322457]
Did anyone find a fix this? We have smooth level loading but a nasty unload hitch! Would love to hear if anyone found a solution.
[/]

Hi LambCannon,

There hasn’t been any recent activity on this quite yet, however it is marked as major. I’m going to bump up the community interest to reflect that more developers are affected by this.

Please fix this ASAP.

I’m with you guys <3 would love to see a feature covering this!

Any news on this? This feature is a must have!

Any plans for looking into streaming in more depth in the future?

Streaming was one of the weak points in UE3. The team I worked on had to move it to a new thread and rewrite alot of the loading code from scratch to be alot more efficient and less intensive on the CPU, and UE4 reminds me alot of vanilla UE3 when it comes to hitching and long load times.

Any updates on this feature/has anyone found a decent solution?

Hello, just wanted to voice my support for this also. I didn’t find a card to vote on in the UE4 roadmap Trello. Is there a discussion going on anywhere?

Epic, we beg you to add this feature.

Bump on this again, definitely need this feature

Epic please :frowning: My mobile game has affected big hitch on unload level so I need smooth unloading ASAP :frowning:

+1 for this feature. It would definitely be useful for my current work.

+100, using for VR work and definitely is jolting to the immersion

Is there any chance that this is implemented? Or has anyone found a workaround?
Thanks

Yep, need this too.

bump… need this too!

Bump! Yes please. Smooth unload!