Makehuman --> FBX --> UE4

Hello,
Someone has already import Makehuman model directly into UE4 (without using Blender) ? Is it possible to have a T-pose with UE4 ?
My problem is about retargeting: i think everything is correctly retargeted, but when i want to “retarget animation blueprint”, it seems that my skeleton is not a compatible skeleton…
How to verify that a skeleton is compatible with another ? if i force, my character have a big head and don’t use animations at all… :frowning:
Thanks in advance,
Greg

Check this new MakeHuman feature

http://www.makehuman.org/blog/new_rigging_library.html

And share the results please.

Oh great, a big thank ! I’ll test it today !

Yeahh!! It’s good - we only have to make a correct “T-Pose” and retargeting, but everything is functionnal. Thanks again.

May you share your work flow? can you use the free animation pack with a model imported from makehuman?

I d’ont know really what to share: export FBX (not binary) - import - make T-Pose manually with UE4, retarget skel, retarget anim blueprint “ThirdPersonAnimBP” and it’s ok. Yes, every animation is functionnal, but only with 4.7 (not the free animation pack for that moment - but you can export it in 4.7 from 4.6)

I tried exporting my model from Makehuman directly to UE4.
I ended up with this. Any advice?

Uncheck “Binary FBX” in MakeHuman Export.

Edit:

Anyone Managed to get the Animation Starter Pack working with the new MakeHuman “Uengine” Skeletal? I tried it know several times and for me it doesn’t work (via Retargeting)

Bumpity bump?

Anyplace to learn how to do this from ‘make tpose manually’ and on? LOL.

I have makehuman character in, and can change the pose in editor for skeleton… but even when saved, it seems to go back to default and not save tpose.

Gave it a shot, retargeted animation, it showed tpose in little box… but this is what I get…

just tried it myself,

1. set to T-pose
  2. choose uengine rig/skeleton
  3. untick the fbx binary box
  4. import as new skeleton
  5. re-target anims as show in Animation Retargeting (Different Skeletons) | Unreal Engine Documentation

not great but does work

main issues caused by the bone rotation of the MH rig. once you have retargeted the anims you can fix some of the issues like the collar bone and head/neck position

I’m also interested in using Makehuman to create some models, but I have no idea how to get them into Unreal, and I’m having trouble following the posts here. Does anyone have a tutorial for this somewhere? I’m pretty blind right now.

Yeah, I went back and did this… seems to not have all the twisted stuff… but I did not do the ‘differeing skeletons’, just picked animations and retargeted to the new character.

So so much more to learn.

not sure whats the plan is with the MH team, i’ve no idea why they call it the Uengine rig as it doesn’t fit the ue4 skeleton, maybe if you get in touch with them they might sort it out

@cinebeast basically what i just posted should be enough to get you going, unless you’ve never used either programs , if so let me know and i’ll do a quick run through for you

Thanks, @Geodav. I just picked up Makehuman a couple days ago, so I’m very inexperienced with it. I’ve managed to import some models into Blender, but when I go to import said model into Unreal it always gets a bit bungled. The skeleton is incompatible with the default animations, sometimes the textures don’t come through, etc.

I’m also interested in attaching some animations to the model in Blender using MakeWalk, but I haven’t figured that one out yet either. Any help you could offer would be totally welcome.

ok the basic MH-Blender-UE4 stuff you can check here Blender_UE4 - YouTube
i’ll do a straight MH-UE4 tomorrow and upload it

export makehuman without a skeleton > auto-rig with mixamo > download with ue4 epics skeleton > import into ue4 . pretty sure ive done it this way. i apologise for shortness of description. pain in the *** typing on my phone lol

ok video is up for anyone to have a look at UE4 MakeHuman 472 a - YouTube

So the MH unreal skeleton is not a match for the default unreal skeleton? Ugh.